No announcement yet.

Ronon's gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with "Wraith_Boy" i do remember Ronon flipping out ammo and about the origins of the gun Ronon was a runner for how many years he could have run in to the travelers at some point and traded/ stole one of there weapons because they are much better than Satedans standard weaponry.
    sigpicALTAR The Defenders Of Humanity And The Strength Of The ALTERAN, Before Their Betrayal And Exile!!!

Comment

i dont see what suggests other satedans have even seen the gun let alone made a power source for it but yeah i get the idea (he hardly shoots) and his ammo (reloads) also are the travelers even capable of making guns like this or did they find like a cargo ship full. ask yourself this

Comment

He changes the cylinder in "Instinct".

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
          i think the satedans are travelers who had to stay behind becuase there was not enough room on the ships
          Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
          I suppose there are variants between the technologies, just as there are slight variants between fire arms on Earth. Possibly the Satedans (?) were able to develop a power-cell that has a long-life capability, possibly nuclear? Whist the Travelers had to make do with using more conventional power-cells.
          In the episode Sateda, Ronon has flashbacks of the wraith attack. He, and the rest of his squad, have guns similar to a shotgun. Well, I suppose, I'm not really a gun expert. But anyway, none of the Satedans have guns even remotely similar to the type Ronon carries now, so our little gun friend is most likely, if not definately, not from Sateda.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter1994 View Post
            In the episode Sateda, Ronon has flashbacks of the wraith attack. He, and the rest of his squad, have guns similar to a shotgun. Well, I suppose, I'm not really a gun expert. But anyway, none of the Satedans have guns even remotely similar to the type Ronon carries now, so our little gun friend is most likely, if not definately, not from Sateda.
            Maybe it's not a practical gun for Planetary attacks, the Wraith were primarily using Darts, backed up by a few footsoldiers, a handgun woudn't be much use for the majority of the Satedan soldiers, but perhaps Ronan prefers to use it. Soldiers don't use all varieties of weapons in war, they're designed for specific purposes.

Comment

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that it isn't a Satedan weapon.

If it was Satedan, then why isn't everybody on Atlantis using them as sidearms along with P90's now, instead of being forced to use handguns with 15 shots or whatever before needing to reload.

In 'Runner' we see flashbacks, all projectile weapons. In 'Sateda' he goes into one of their armouries & comes out with projectile weapons again.

In JM's blog back in Oct. Someone asks him will we see the origins of Ronon's gun. He says yes, stay tuned. Less than a couple weeks later, we see something regarding this exact story....

In 'Travelers' we see them guns being used by every member of the new race, even a comment from Shep about them to Larrin!

Ergo, he managed at some point to get a hold of one of the Traveler guns!

1 of 2 things:

1) He was on a planet, a Traveler came down to do business. He traded or done a job for them. So they gave him a gun as payment.

2) He managed to get hold of it indirectly. A Traveler came down, done business, they traded food for weapons or whatever. Ronon came along much later on. Traded, done a job for the villagers, his payment was the gun. Heck maybe he even stole it from them. Maybe he was Running, came to a planet in which a Traveler ship had been to in the past. Maybe a trading party was on the ground, they came under attack from the Wraith. The ground party fled & dropped everything to get back to their ship. Maybe one or all were killed. Ronon came, then found the gun lying on them etc.

We've seen Satedan weapons being used in a couple of different ocassions now. They've always been projectile. Even on the second ep, he's alone, at an armoury & is forced to use projectile weapons. Which doesn't make sense, since he kept on needing to throw them away & move on to another every few shots. Surely if energy weapons with a much great shot capacity are around. That's the first place he would head to get hold of them.

Not to mention Atlantis personnel wouldn't be running around using Beretta's or whatever as back-up weapons. Such as in 'Aurora', even 'Submersion' or in the very latest ep, 'Spoils of War'.

Obviously the gun is a Traveler weapon & Ronon managed to get hold of it at some point using one of the methods I mentioned above.

Comment

Maybe it's not a practical gun for Planetary attacks, the Wraith were primarily using Darts, backed up by a few footsoldiers, a handgun woudn't be much use for the majority of the Satedan soldiers, but perhaps Ronan prefers to use it. Soldiers don't use all varieties of weapons in war, they're designed for specific purposes.
                The Satedans were at 1940's level technology, they did even have video broadcasts, only radio, did Earth in the 1940's have energy pistols? I think not. The gun is obviously a Travelers weapon. Sheppard even made a comment about it proves the point as was stated earlier in the thread.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                  The Satedans were at 1940's level technology, they did even have video broadcasts, only radio, did Earth in the 1940's have energy pistols? I think not. The gun is obviously a Travelers weapon. Sheppard even made a comment about it proves the point as was stated earlier in the thread.

Vala,
                  Because, all planets technologically progress in the exact same way as Earth did. And, he said they were the same, it doesn't mean Ronan procured it off the Travelers, just that Sheppard assumed that he did.

Comment

Because, all planets technologically progress in the exact same way as Earth did. And, he said they were the same, it doesn't mean Ronan procured it off the Travelers, just that Sheppard assumed that he did.
                    I know that not all planets progress the same way but why would a 1940's area culture have energy weapons? That would be like people today having real puddle jumpers, it doesn't work that way. Or like a medieval society having computers.

Vala,

Comment

I think its made pretty clear that its a traveller weapon. also they mention that they land the ships when they need to make repairs so ronan could have come accross a dead traveller who was killed in a wraith attack and taken it as he avoided going into highly populated areas while he was a runner, as you see at the start of Seteda when he goes into the town who want to kill him.

I too questioned his reload capabilities but i didnt remember that he did reload in an episode. We can safely say that it is a Traveller weapon considering they all have it as a standard issue sidearm

Comment

Would it not be possible to use the asgard matterdevice to create more (Traveller Guns) and ammo that would be pretty cool cept ronan may aswell use a p90 now ;p or they could incorporate the guns into p90 and shoot 50 really faster energy bolts that would be better or continuous energy bolts

Comment

Originally posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
                          Would it not be possible to use the asgard matterdevice to create more (Traveller Guns) and ammo that would be pretty cool cept ronan may aswell use a p90 now ;p or they could incorporate the guns into p90 and shoot 50 really faster energy bolts that would be better or continuous energy bolts
                          Yes, they could, but they won't for the same reason they don't use it to make ZPM's or drones.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
                            I wonder what the Origin of Ronon's gun is. Could it be a design from a race that was around when the ancients were dominent and let other races advance? I dont think its the Travelers design because they use ammo ronon's doesnt. (If it did he would be out of ammo cause doesnt look like he has spare nothing suggests it)
                            Bit of a jump. I'd say it was probably Satedan.
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                              I know that not all planets progress the same way but why would a 1940's area culture have energy weapons? That would be like people today having real puddle jumpers, it doesn't work that way. Or like a medieval society having computers.

Vala,
                              You're assuming that all of the Satedan society is at a 1940's era, perhaps the architecture and fashion is 1940s, whilst the health care and technological parts are at a 1970s or 1910s era, it would be highly unliklely that Sateda progressed exactly the same way Earth did; it would mean that each discovery and advancement was made in exactly the same order as was on Earth.

Perhaps a Satedan scientist stumbled upon a way to create energy weapons, much like how Nikola Telsa had an idea for a Death Ray in 1915, if he was able to go forward with his plans, then perhaps we'd be using energy weapons now, instead or alongside projectiles.

Advancements are all up to chance, in the right circumstances, perhaps a Scientist could have developed Puddle Jumpers. A Medieval society having computers is a bit of a leap, as advancements then were restricted by a considerable number of variables; waring factions, religious persecution, inability to read, lack of interest in advancing society, diseases, etc.....

Comment

You're assuming that all of the Satedan society is at a 1940's era, perhaps the architecture and fashion is 1940s, whilst the health care and technological parts are at a 1970s or 1910s era, it would be highly unliklely that Sateda progressed exactly the same way Earth did; it would mean that each discovery and advancement was made in exactly the same order as was on Earth.

Perhaps a Satedan scientist stumbled upon a way to create energy weapons, much like how Nikola Telsa had an idea for a Death Ray in 1915, if he was able to go forward with his plans, then perhaps we'd be using energy weapons now, instead or alongside projectiles.

Advancements are all up to chance, in the right circumstances, perhaps a Scientist could have developed Puddle Jumpers. A Medieval society having computers is a bit of a leap, as advancements then were restricted by a considerable number of variables; waring factions, religious persecution, inability to read, lack of interest in advancing society, diseases, etc.....
                                Ok, firstly, as much as I hate to say it, it's just TV, for the sake of ease, all cultures advance the same way in the show. The Kelownans/Langarans, Genii (except for their leap in Computers from the Wraith device), Satedans and such all have the same tech that Earth did in the 1940's-1950's. It's not such a leap to consider that they're all advancing the same since their ancestors came from Earth.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                                X