Ronon's gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
    I wonder what the Origin of Ronon's gun is. Could it be a design from a race that was around when the ancients were dominent and let other races advance? I dont think its the Travelers design because they use ammo ronon's doesnt. (If it did he would be out of ammo cause doesnt look like he has spare nothing suggests it)
    He bought it at S-mart.
    Shop smart.... shop S-mart
    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
      Ok, firstly, as much as I hate to say it, it's just TV, for the sake of ease, all cultures advance the same way in the show. The Kelownans/Langarans, Genii (except for their leap in Computers from the Wraith device), Satedans and such all have the same tech that Earth did in the 1940's-1950's. It's not such a leap to consider that they're all advancing the same since their ancestors came from Earth.

Vala,
      Simplified, I agree

But, did the Pegasus Humans originate from Earth? I thought it was only the Milky Way Humans that did?

Comment

I must say that the Gun is traveller design. and the fact that we dont see him change ammo is a mute point. Do we see them goto the bathroom? do we see them shower? (okay in 200 we see Carter in the shower when Jack is invisible) but in all honesty I dont want to see everyone reloading every 30 seconds that would be tiresome.

Ronin did what he needed to survive. How he came across this gun is unknown. Until the story is told on how he came about having the gun we can only guess. He could have even killed for the gun who knows..

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
          Simplified, I agree

But, did the Pegasus Humans originate from Earth? I thought it was only the Milky Way Humans that did?
          Ok. Now if this weren't TV I would agree with you about the cultures all advancing the same being incorrect but enough of that now.

The Ancients came from Earth to Pegasus so there are probably very few if no differences between Pegasus humans and Milky Way humans. And in season 1, Dr. Beckett said that there is abosulely nothing different between Milky Way and Pegasus humans in terms of genetics/evolution.

Vala,

Comment

I think it's a little off to think it's Satedan tech, when all the travelers had it, and Shepherd had the gun, also we have never seen another Satedan with it, but we have seen all travelers with it. Everything points to that it's traveler technology or tech stolen by travelers but definatley not satedan.

Comment

Originally posted by ZampraZ View Post
              I think it's a little off to think it's Satedan tech, when all the travelers had it, and Shepherd had the gun, also we have never seen another Satedan with it, but we have seen all travelers with it. Everything points to that it's traveler technology or tech stolen by travelers but definatley not satedan.
              agreed

Comment

I think the power cells in his gun slowly recharge over time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                  Maybe it's not a practical gun for Planetary attacks, the Wraith were primarily using Darts, backed up by a few footsoldiers, a handgun woudn't be much use for the majority of the Satedan soldiers, but perhaps Ronan prefers to use it. Soldiers don't use all varieties of weapons in war, they're designed for specific purposes.
                  Whoa, whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa, WHAT?!! Are you kidding me? Ronon's gun is the best handheld gun we have ever seen on this show. And it's definitely better than any Satedan gun. If they had the guns, They'd use them! They were fighting the wraith. Wraith aren't that easy to kill, okay? If you were fighting evil super-strength bad guys, you would want to use your best weapon!! And regarding the 'planetary attacks' thing, from what we've seen, Ronon's gun is the best, land or air. (excluding bazookas!)

There is no way (unless Satedan's are idiots) that that gun is from Sateda. Considering the information at hand, it is most likely (85% chance) a Travelers gun.
                  Last edited by Carter1994; 19 February 2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

How can anyone say that Ronans gun is not the best? One shot from it can blow a hole in a wall. A P90 can't.

Comment

It's deffinatly rechargable. It said so on the concept art on the MGM page. I'm not entirly sure how they are recharged.
                      Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by ebethman
                      Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                      Originally posted by Bray
                      *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

This is my take:

Ronon ran into a pair of Travelers, since it's doubtful they would go alone. He took a gun and both power packs from them, either force or trading. I think those power cells recharge through kinetic energy, since it would explain all those gun movements Ronon does. Realistically, they just waste time and give the enemy a chance to shoot you, unless Ronon does that to make sure the blast has full power. The evidence for that is even in Instinct, where I 'think' after Ronon puts the alternate cell in, he still does that gun trick, despite the fact Ellia is about to attack.

Finally, on Travellers, when Sheppard is about to confront the Wraith (after he feeds on Larrin), he checks the power cell of the gun. That doesn't make sense if it was just ammo based, since its like checking the cartridge of a P90 to see if bullets magically appeared. It does make sense if he was checking if the gun was charged or not.

That's my take on it anyway

Comment

I suspect Ronnon's gun was a trophy by one of the Wraiths who hunted Ronnon when he was a runner. It is probably that after hive captured a traveler ship one of them took it as trophy. This Wraith hunted Ronnon so Ronnon killed him and took the gun from him. In the Traveller episode, Teyla said they know of no other humans with Hyperdrive hence neither Teyla nor Ronnon have met the Travellers before.
                          Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Kinda that point dont ya think? We already new that. I think its more likely that Ronon met a Traveller on one of the planets he was running to and either killed him and took the gun, or the Travellers saw some potential in him. Either way.
                            What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post
                              Kinda that point dont ya think? We already new that. I think its more likely that Ronon met a Traveller on one of the planets he was running to and either killed him and took the gun, or the Travellers saw some potential in him. Either way.
                              Or he done a trade for it maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis2k8 View Post
                                Or he done a trade for it maybe?
                                I dont know. Its just, umm well, hard seeing Ronon trade anything. And what would he have to trade. He was running from planet to planet with his Tripple barrel shotgun thing,(and probally had a sidearm too) which the Travellers wouldnt want anything to do with that type of tech seeing how their guns are far better.
                                What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X