Ronon's gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    We will find out more about the history behind Ronon's gun later this season. Not sure exactly in which ep but I suspect it may be in
    Spoiler:
    Travelers (there are several pictures/clips of Larrin using the same type of gun as Ronon has).
    awesome. out of every gun i've seen on scifi shows, Ronons is the best. i really want one for myself. i have a feeling that maybe Ronon has encountered the Travelers before....
    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

since he was a runner for quite a while I'm guessing he got it on some random planet he tried to 'hide'. would make sense right?
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I do have a feeling that Ronon's gun may belong to
        Spoiler:
        the Travelers.
        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Has anybody else realised that sometimes when ronon fires his gun it has massive recoil (go upwards) and others its just still

Comment

Where Ronon got bullets to his gun?
            Asgard in memoriam

Comment

I don't think energy guns have bullets as such. It likely has a long lasting power cell, like the crystals from staff weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                I don't think energy guns have bullets as such. It likely has a long lasting power cell, like the crystals from staff weapons.
                In season 2, episode 7, named Instinct we really see, that Ronon load his gun, but it can be also somekind power cell etc.
                Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                  It has replacable power cells that are like half-circles in the back, I saw a schematic for it at the Vancouver convention this year. How he would get replacement ones, I don't know.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
                    awesome. out of every gun i've seen on scifi shows, Ronons is the best. i really want one for myself. i have a feeling that maybe Ronon has encountered the Travelers before....
                    I think it's more likely
                    Spoiler:
                    the Travelers scavenged one or more of these guns from the same place Ronon got his (this is what the Travelers do.. they live on ships and travel from world to world, trading or scavenging for technology).
                    sigpic

Comment

Joining this discussion a bit late, but this is from MGM I think... or could be Skiffy... I'll see if I can find the site later...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                        I think it's more likely
                        Spoiler:
                        the Travelers scavenged one or more of these guns from the same place Ronon got his (this is what the Travelers do.. they live on ships and travel from world to world, trading or scavenging for technology).
                        What makes you think the Travelers didn't invent that gun and Ronon took it off one of them? The Travelers are so far the most advance society encountered in the Pegasus galaxy

Comment

It would have been nice at the end of the episode if Ronon gave some recognition that he had met the Travelers before while he was a runner. If he stole the gun from them he would know who they were and it would be nice if Ronon had a bit of a Rivalry with them to add more tension (other than the UST between Shep and Larin) to our next meeting with them.

Perfecto!

Comment

I wonder what the Origin of Ronon's gun is. Could it be a design from a race that was around when the ancients were dominent and let other races advance? I dont think its the Travelers design because they use ammo ronon's doesnt. (If it did he would be out of ammo cause doesnt look like he has spare nothing suggests it)

Comment

i think the satedans are travelers who had to stay behind becuase there was not enough room on the ships

Comment

It is definitely Ronans gun, Sheppard said so. How do you know the Satedans were travellers, they didn'thave those weopons they had those triple barreled riffles. Perhaps some of the people went to live with the satedans but we don't know.
                                Best quotes ever:
                                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                                Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                                Thor:I like the yellow ones
                                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X