Page 1 of 6 1 234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 251

Thread: Ronon's gun

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Ronon's gun

    The pistol that Ronon uses to stun sheppard and teyla in the episode Runner does not appear to be anything that his people could have made. Is it an Ancient weapon or was it created by the race that created the virus in Hot Zone? ( i think that because of the red color theme). Or was it created by yet another advanced alien race? any ideas?

  2. #2
    Lieutenant Colonel AGateFan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I dont really exist
    Posts
    4,441

    Default Re: Ronons gun

    Quote Originally Posted by The Forrunner
    The pistol that Ronon uses to stun sheppard and teyla in the episode Runner does not appear to be anything that his people could have made. Is it an Ancient weapon or was it created by the race that created the virus in Hot Zone? ( i think that because of the red color theme). Or was it created by yet another advanced alien race? any ideas?
    Not sure but we need more, that was way cooler then the wraith stunner.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

    ^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

    AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

  3. #3
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    343

    Default Re: Ronons gun

    maybe he created it himself from a wraith stunner or something, he was on the for 7 years, so he had planety of time to do it

  4. #4
    First Lieutenant Calicto's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In the Grotto
    Posts
    614

    Default Re: Ronons gun

    Wait, why not his people?????

    They seemed pretty advanced from their cities and they had enough soldiers to make their military look threatening.

    I'm sure that it is his own technology... though... he would have been stripped of his weapons after the cull and I doubt he could have found another of his race's gun while on the run.

  5. #5
    Lieutenant Colonel AGateFan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I dont really exist
    Posts
    4,441

    Default Re: Ronons gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Calicto
    Wait, why not his people?????

    They seemed pretty advanced from their cities and they had enough soldiers to make their military look threatening.

    I'm sure that it is his own technology... though... he would have been stripped of his weapons after the cull and I doubt he could have found another of his race's gun while on the run.
    His peoples guns looked like Genii weapons... projectile based weapons. The handgun he had was definitly energy based.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

    ^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

    AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

  6. #6
    First Lieutenant TheCorpulent1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Disgustingly hot Florida
    Posts
    993

    Default Re: Ronons gun

    Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    His peoples guns looked like Genii weapons... projectile based weapons. The handgun he had was definitly energy based.
    The fact that his gun looked like a projectile weapon (we don't even know whether it was or not for sure) doesn't mean that his people were incapable of making energy weapons. His planet seemed more advanced than Earth to me, so it's possible he could've just taken an experimental energy sidearm or something. I think it's more likely that he scavenged it off some other planet while he was running, but that doesn't necessarily preclude the possibility that his people could've made it.
    Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
    Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
    Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
    Jack: ... They're lying.

  7. #7
    Lieutenant Colonel Ancient 1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Currently Between Galaxies...
    Posts
    3,985

    Default Re: Ronons gun

    Ronon's gun seems to be based on wraith tech, at first glance. He reminds me of the superior warrior race on Andromeda. (sorry, didn't watch that show enough to recall their name, but I remeber that this race originally betrayed Hunt, and he tool one on later on as a friend...in the salvage team...) Anyone? Oh, well.

  8. #8
    Lieutenant Colonel AGateFan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I dont really exist
    Posts
    4,441

    Default Re: Ronons gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient 1
    Ronon's gun seems to be based on wraith tech, at first glance. He reminds me of the superior warrior race on Andromeda. (sorry, didn't watch that show enough to recall their name, but I remeber that this race originally betrayed Hunt, and he tool one on later on as a friend...in the salvage team...) Anyone? Oh, well.
    Nietzchean. The specific Niechian is TYR ANASAZI. But I think he actually took a shower once in a while. I dont think Dex has had much time with that.

    Note the rifle used by the Genii and Dex was also used in the "Sci Fi orginal movie" Bloodsuckers.....so I guess Vancouver only has one prop department
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

    ^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

    AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ronons gun

    Well, I'm sure the Wraith leave some planets out of the 100 years feeding routine to insure that they have food for the future. They let worlds develop for a couple hundred years and then they take the civilization developed on the cull. In between they probably just feed on the 100 year cull on designated planet.

  10. #10
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,348

    Chevron Re: Ronons gun

    Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    Nietzchean. The specific Niechian is TYR ANASAZI. But I think he actually took a shower once in a while. I dont think Dex has had much time with that.

    Note the rifle used by the Genii and Dex was also used in the "Sci Fi orginal movie" Bloodsuckers.....so I guess Vancouver only has one prop department
    First, It's nice to know I wasn't the only idiot to watch that crapola movie Bloodsuckers!

    Second, well, they recycled "stars" (Michael DeLuise and Aaron Pearl) from SG-1.

    Third, Dex having been on the run for the past 7 years, has most surely "traded" with many cultures and probably acquired his gun from the Genii that way OR they acquired one from him, and used it as their prototype.

    Fourth, I'm certain Dex will now shower regularly, as he no longer is being tracked by the Wraith and can stay in one place, without constantly having to be ready to "run" on a moments notice. In fact, at the end of the episdoe Runner, it looked like he had already cleaned up a bit. But check him out next week, same Dex time, same Dex channel!

    Oh, and Fifth, I believe it's spelled Nietzschean, after the German philosopher, critic and poet, originator of the doctrine of the superman. (not the comic )
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

  11. #11
    Colonel NowIWillDestroyAbydos's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In your head, making you crazy
    Posts
    5,107

    Question REQUEST: Sound effect- Ronan's Gun

    I am looking for a sound effect of Ronan's Gun shooting and reloading. If you have a video clip of this, don't extract the sound, just upload it and post it here.

  12. #12
    Airman Alor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: REQUEST: Sound effect- Ronan's Gun

    I hope this is what your looking for.........

    Ronan Setting to stun

    Ronan SHooting
    http://www.freewebs.com/porn-ninja/betrayed.png
    c'mon you can do better than that.

    Save Stargate! Say No to the 6 Month Hiatus!

  13. #13

    Default Re: REQUEST: Sound effect- Ronan's Gun

    yo yo yo i have the sound effect of ronan's gun loading up and of him shooting it.
    all you have to do is go to youtube and find videos of ronan shooting or loading up his gun.
    than go 2 http://www.downloadyoutubevideos.com/ and type the url address http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...s&search_type= and also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyy2n...eature=related.
    than download a program called flv to mp3 converter.

    and also download wavepad so you can edit it

  14. #14
    Major General queen_hathor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,494

    Default Re: REQUEST: Sound effect- Ronan's Gun

    Hi, I know this thread is very old but does anyone know where these can be found? Or any site recommendations as to who else might have them?

    Thanks



  15. #15
    Major General Lahela's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    I'll get back to you on that...
    Posts
    11,943

    Default Re: REQUEST: Sound effect- Ronan's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by queen_hathor View Post
    Hi, I know this thread is very old but does anyone know where these can be found? Or any site recommendations as to who else might have them?

    Thanks
    You could just PM me hon

    *huggles QH*

  16. #16
    Major General queen_hathor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,494

    Default Re: REQUEST: Sound effect- Ronan's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahela View Post
    You could just PM me hon

    *huggles QH*
    *faceplam* Oh gawd, I shoulda know...Super Lah to the rescue yet again!!!

    Will do when I get home from work! *huggles back*



  17. #17
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    136

    Default Ronon's gun...where did he get it?

    anyone else curious as to how he go it the weapon is pretty advanced. when they show flashbacks of his time on sateda the weapons were on par with the geni. I would love to know where ronan got that gun that kill's wraith so easily

  18. #18
    Second Lieutenant AtlantisForever's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    256

    Default Re: ronan's gun where did he get it

    Quote Originally Posted by jsw
    anyone else curious as to how he go it the weapon is pretty advanced. when they show flashbacks of his time on sateda the weapons were on par with the geni. I would love to know where ronan got that gun that kill's wraith so easily

    lol i no i want 1

  19. #19
    Lieutenant Colonel vaberella's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The City of Dis
    Posts
    4,337

    Default Re: ronan's gun where did he get it

    Ebay?

    Actually I've been thinking that his gun came probably from the Asurans..who wanted to eliminate the wraith.that we'll see in season 3? Their like rogue Atlanteans that didn't ascend. But then I think Teyla was another super human creation to kill the wraith as well...

    And I'd like one too..next to about 4 of his knives.

    VB

  20. #20
    First Lieutenant eri-chan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    579

    Default Re: ronan's gun where did he get it

    lol yeah he probaby got it off ebay or something

    hmmm i always assumed that his gun came from sateda at the same time, i don't entirely remember what sateda looked like... we'll probably see how advanced sateda was in 'sateda' though. hmm remember ronon's meant to be a weapons specialist too.

Similar Threads

  1. Ronon's Hair
    By IrishPisano in forum Broken Ties
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2008, 05:26 AM
  2. Creating Ronon's Gun.
    By PureMarksman in forum SGA Merchandise
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 01:37 PM
  3. Ronon's clothes
    By moongirl11 in forum Season Five
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
  4. Ronon's arm tattoo
    By Vala_M in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 9th, 2008, 01:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •