Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678 91011 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 251

Thread: Ronon's gun

  1. #141
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    843

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out that it isn't a Satedan weapon.

    If it was Satedan, then why isn't everybody on Atlantis using them as sidearms along with P90's now, instead of being forced to use handguns with 15 shots or whatever before needing to reload.

    In 'Runner' we see flashbacks, all projectile weapons. In 'Sateda' he goes into one of their armouries & comes out with projectile weapons again.

    In JM's blog back in Oct. Someone asks him will we see the origins of Ronon's gun. He says yes, stay tuned. Less than a couple weeks later, we see something regarding this exact story....

    In 'Travelers' we see them guns being used by every member of the new race, even a comment from Shep about them to Larrin!

    Ergo, he managed at some point to get a hold of one of the Traveler guns!

    1 of 2 things:

    1) He was on a planet, a Traveler came down to do business. He traded or done a job for them. So they gave him a gun as payment.

    2) He managed to get hold of it indirectly. A Traveler came down, done business, they traded food for weapons or whatever. Ronon came along much later on. Traded, done a job for the villagers, his payment was the gun. Heck maybe he even stole it from them. Maybe he was Running, came to a planet in which a Traveler ship had been to in the past. Maybe a trading party was on the ground, they came under attack from the Wraith. The ground party fled & dropped everything to get back to their ship. Maybe one or all were killed. Ronon came, then found the gun lying on them etc.

    We've seen Satedan weapons being used in a couple of different ocassions now. They've always been projectile. Even on the second ep, he's alone, at an armoury & is forced to use projectile weapons. Which doesn't make sense, since he kept on needing to throw them away & move on to another every few shots. Surely if energy weapons with a much great shot capacity are around. That's the first place he would head to get hold of them.

    Not to mention Atlantis personnel wouldn't be running around using Beretta's or whatever as back-up weapons. Such as in 'Aurora', even 'Submersion' or in the very latest ep, 'Spoils of War'.

    Obviously the gun is a Traveler weapon & Ronon managed to get hold of it at some point using one of the methods I mentioned above.

  2. #142
    Major
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
    Maybe it's not a practical gun for Planetary attacks, the Wraith were primarily using Darts, backed up by a few footsoldiers, a handgun woudn't be much use for the majority of the Satedan soldiers, but perhaps Ronan prefers to use it. Soldiers don't use all varieties of weapons in war, they're designed for specific purposes.
    The Satedans were at 1940's level technology, they did even have video broadcasts, only radio, did Earth in the 1940's have energy pistols? I think not. The gun is obviously a Travelers weapon. Sheppard even made a comment about it proves the point as was stated earlier in the thread.

    Vala,

  3. #143

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala_M View Post
    The Satedans were at 1940's level technology, they did even have video broadcasts, only radio, did Earth in the 1940's have energy pistols? I think not. The gun is obviously a Travelers weapon. Sheppard even made a comment about it proves the point as was stated earlier in the thread.

    Vala,
    Because, all planets technologically progress in the exact same way as Earth did. And, he said they were the same, it doesn't mean Ronan procured it off the Travelers, just that Sheppard assumed that he did.

  4. #144
    Major
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
    Because, all planets technologically progress in the exact same way as Earth did. And, he said they were the same, it doesn't mean Ronan procured it off the Travelers, just that Sheppard assumed that he did.
    I know that not all planets progress the same way but why would a 1940's area culture have energy weapons? That would be like people today having real puddle jumpers, it doesn't work that way. Or like a medieval society having computers.

    Vala,

  5. #145
    Airman nosaj's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    I think its made pretty clear that its a traveller weapon. also they mention that they land the ships when they need to make repairs so ronan could have come accross a dead traveller who was killed in a wraith attack and taken it as he avoided going into highly populated areas while he was a runner, as you see at the start of Seteda when he goes into the town who want to kill him.

    I too questioned his reload capabilities but i didnt remember that he did reload in an episode. We can safely say that it is a Traveller weapon considering they all have it as a standard issue sidearm

  6. #146
    Chief Master Sergeant Forgottensmoke's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    AUSTRALIA FTW
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Would it not be possible to use the asgard matterdevice to create more (Traveller Guns) and ammo that would be pretty cool cept ronan may aswell use a p90 now ;p or they could incorporate the guns into p90 and shoot 50 really faster energy bolts that would be better or continuous energy bolts

  7. #147
    Major
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
    Would it not be possible to use the asgard matterdevice to create more (Traveller Guns) and ammo that would be pretty cool cept ronan may aswell use a p90 now ;p or they could incorporate the guns into p90 and shoot 50 really faster energy bolts that would be better or continuous energy bolts
    Yes, they could, but they won't for the same reason they don't use it to make ZPM's or drones.

    Vala,

  8. #148
    Colonel Admiral Mappalazarou's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Behind the *new* bar. What'll it be, stranger?
    Posts
    5,489

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
    I wonder what the Origin of Ronon's gun is. Could it be a design from a race that was around when the ancients were dominent and let other races advance? I dont think its the Travelers design because they use ammo ronon's doesnt. (If it did he would be out of ammo cause doesnt look like he has spare nothing suggests it)
    Bit of a jump. I'd say it was probably Satedan.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!


    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

  9. #149

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala_M View Post
    I know that not all planets progress the same way but why would a 1940's area culture have energy weapons? That would be like people today having real puddle jumpers, it doesn't work that way. Or like a medieval society having computers.

    Vala,
    You're assuming that all of the Satedan society is at a 1940's era, perhaps the architecture and fashion is 1940s, whilst the health care and technological parts are at a 1970s or 1910s era, it would be highly unliklely that Sateda progressed exactly the same way Earth did; it would mean that each discovery and advancement was made in exactly the same order as was on Earth.

    Perhaps a Satedan scientist stumbled upon a way to create energy weapons, much like how Nikola Telsa had an idea for a Death Ray in 1915, if he was able to go forward with his plans, then perhaps we'd be using energy weapons now, instead or alongside projectiles.

    Advancements are all up to chance, in the right circumstances, perhaps a Scientist could have developed Puddle Jumpers. A Medieval society having computers is a bit of a leap, as advancements then were restricted by a considerable number of variables; waring factions, religious persecution, inability to read, lack of interest in advancing society, diseases, etc.....

  10. #150
    Major
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
    You're assuming that all of the Satedan society is at a 1940's era, perhaps the architecture and fashion is 1940s, whilst the health care and technological parts are at a 1970s or 1910s era, it would be highly unliklely that Sateda progressed exactly the same way Earth did; it would mean that each discovery and advancement was made in exactly the same order as was on Earth.

    Perhaps a Satedan scientist stumbled upon a way to create energy weapons, much like how Nikola Telsa had an idea for a Death Ray in 1915, if he was able to go forward with his plans, then perhaps we'd be using energy weapons now, instead or alongside projectiles.

    Advancements are all up to chance, in the right circumstances, perhaps a Scientist could have developed Puddle Jumpers. A Medieval society having computers is a bit of a leap, as advancements then were restricted by a considerable number of variables; waring factions, religious persecution, inability to read, lack of interest in advancing society, diseases, etc.....
    Ok, firstly, as much as I hate to say it, it's just TV, for the sake of ease, all cultures advance the same way in the show. The Kelownans/Langarans, Genii (except for their leap in Computers from the Wraith device), Satedans and such all have the same tech that Earth did in the 1940's-1950's. It's not such a leap to consider that they're all advancing the same since their ancestors came from Earth.

    Vala,

  11. #151
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    750

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
    I wonder what the Origin of Ronon's gun is. Could it be a design from a race that was around when the ancients were dominent and let other races advance? I dont think its the Travelers design because they use ammo ronon's doesnt. (If it did he would be out of ammo cause doesnt look like he has spare nothing suggests it)
    He bought it at S-mart.
    Shop smart.... shop S-mart

  12. #152

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala_M View Post
    Ok, firstly, as much as I hate to say it, it's just TV, for the sake of ease, all cultures advance the same way in the show. The Kelownans/Langarans, Genii (except for their leap in Computers from the Wraith device), Satedans and such all have the same tech that Earth did in the 1940's-1950's. It's not such a leap to consider that they're all advancing the same since their ancestors came from Earth.

    Vala,
    Simplified, I agree

    But, did the Pegasus Humans originate from Earth? I thought it was only the Milky Way Humans that did?

  13. #153
    Airman
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kitchener, Ont Canada
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    I must say that the Gun is traveller design. and the fact that we dont see him change ammo is a mute point. Do we see them goto the bathroom? do we see them shower? (okay in 200 we see Carter in the shower when Jack is invisible) but in all honesty I dont want to see everyone reloading every 30 seconds that would be tiresome.

    Ronin did what he needed to survive. How he came across this gun is unknown. Until the story is told on how he came about having the gun we can only guess. He could have even killed for the gun who knows..

  14. #154
    Major
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
    Simplified, I agree

    But, did the Pegasus Humans originate from Earth? I thought it was only the Milky Way Humans that did?
    Ok. Now if this weren't TV I would agree with you about the cultures all advancing the same being incorrect but enough of that now.

    The Ancients came from Earth to Pegasus so there are probably very few if no differences between Pegasus humans and Milky Way humans. And in season 1, Dr. Beckett said that there is abosulely nothing different between Milky Way and Pegasus humans in terms of genetics/evolution.

    Vala,

  15. #155
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    I think it's a little off to think it's Satedan tech, when all the travelers had it, and Shepherd had the gun, also we have never seen another Satedan with it, but we have seen all travelers with it. Everything points to that it's traveler technology or tech stolen by travelers but definatley not satedan.

  16. #156
    Airman nosaj's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by ZampraZ View Post
    I think it's a little off to think it's Satedan tech, when all the travelers had it, and Shepherd had the gun, also we have never seen another Satedan with it, but we have seen all travelers with it. Everything points to that it's traveler technology or tech stolen by travelers but definatley not satedan.
    agreed


  17. #157
    Staff Sergeant Athram's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    I think the power cells in his gun slowly recharge over time.

  18. #158
    Captain Carter1994's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Classified. Shh...
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
    Maybe it's not a practical gun for Planetary attacks, the Wraith were primarily using Darts, backed up by a few footsoldiers, a handgun woudn't be much use for the majority of the Satedan soldiers, but perhaps Ronan prefers to use it. Soldiers don't use all varieties of weapons in war, they're designed for specific purposes.
    Whoa, whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa, WHAT?!! Are you kidding me? Ronon's gun is the best handheld gun we have ever seen on this show. And it's definitely better than any Satedan gun. If they had the guns, They'd use them! They were fighting the wraith. Wraith aren't that easy to kill, okay? If you were fighting evil super-strength bad guys, you would want to use your best weapon!! And regarding the 'planetary attacks' thing, from what we've seen, Ronon's gun is the best, land or air. (excluding bazookas!)

    There is no way (unless Satedan's are idiots) that that gun is from Sateda. Considering the information at hand, it is most likely (85% chance) a Travelers gun.
    Last edited by Carter1994; February 19th, 2008 at 02:58 PM.


  19. #159

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    How can anyone say that Ronans gun is not the best? One shot from it can blow a hole in a wall. A P90 can't.

  20. #160
    Lieutenant Colonel ebethman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chasing Tim Minchin like a rabid dog
    Posts
    3,056

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    It's deffinatly rechargable. It said so on the concept art on the MGM page. I'm not entirly sure how they are recharged.
    Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by ebethman View Post
    Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bray View Post
    *Bray wins*

    Sorry RM....Game OVER!

    And eBeth....you're weird

Similar Threads

  1. Ronon's Hair
    By IrishPisano in forum Broken Ties
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2008, 05:26 AM
  2. Creating Ronon's Gun.
    By PureMarksman in forum SGA Merchandise
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 01:37 PM
  3. Ronon's clothes
    By moongirl11 in forum Season Five
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
  4. Ronon's arm tattoo
    By Vala_M in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 9th, 2008, 01:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •