Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4567 8910 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 251

Thread: Ronon's gun

  1. #121
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    851

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    those were the genii

  2. #122
    Major
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    The Travelers invented Ronon's gun, how Ronon came to have one, we don't know.

    Vala,

  3. #123
    First Lieutenant Archaeis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    655

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    The point of this post is that The travellers had little battery packs that they replaced in their guns several times throughout the episode. We have never seen Ronon's gun need any reloading.
    <a href=http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/ target=_blank>http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/</a>

  4. #124
    First Lieutenant Opener's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    According to this, the cylinder is the ammo.
    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

  5. #125

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    I suppose there are variants between the technologies, just as there are slight variants between fire arms on Earth. Possibly the Satedans (?) were able to develop a power-cell that has a long-life capability, possibly nuclear? Whist the Travelers had to make do with using more conventional power-cells.

    With the amount of trading that apparently takes place in the Pegasus galaxy, it'd stand to reason that probably many cultures use similar fire-arms such as Ronan's, with slight modifications and differences. Possibly each culture has modified the fire-arm with each trade, and it's really been developed by numerous cultures over time.

  6. #126
    First Lieutenant Archaeis's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    655

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Opener View Post
    According to this, the cylinder is the ammo.

    Yes, a type of battery pack or something. But in all the times we have seen Ronon use his gun, he has never had to replace it. They are obviously of the same design, but it's a curious point.
    <a href=http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/ target=_blank>http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/</a>

  7. #127
    Chief Master Sergeant
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    227

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Actually Ronon's gun needs ammo, he carried a ton of them in a bag with them in one of the early episodes.

    The writers have hinted that the little ammo things are self recharging. No idea how but ya.

  8. #128
    First Lieutenant Opener's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Well if Prophet's onto something it would explain why we never see him reload. Besides, he has other weapons to use on the Wraith.*sliceslice*
    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

  9. #129
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    843

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeis View Post
    The point of this post is that The travellers had little battery packs that they replaced in their guns several times throughout the episode. We have never seen Ronon's gun need any reloading.
    Actually we have seen Ronon run out of ammo before. He flips it open & dispenses the old cartridge!

  10. #130
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    302

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    I sort of remember seeing that but would have to go and watch again to make sure. The reloading of ammo is almost a moot point though. How often did/do we see the SG-1/SG-A teams reloading their guns? It seems more often than not that they go a long time without having to reload when they reload. If Ronon's weapon has a much longer and better ammo/firing capacity then it would make sense that he's rarely need a replacement charge.

  11. #131
    Lieutenant Colonel
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,024

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
    I sort of remember seeing that but would have to go and watch again to make sure. The reloading of ammo is almost a moot point though. How often did/do we see the SG-1/SG-A teams reloading their guns? It seems more often than not that they go a long time without having to reload when they reload. If Ronon's weapon has a much longer and better ammo/firing capacity then it would make sense that he's rarely need a replacement charge.
    seriously? SG-1 regularly mentioned limited ammo when pinned down...

  12. #132
    Second Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    302

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Mentioned limited ammo but we rarely saw them change ammo, and besides it's been a while since I saw any SG-1 where that happened. Though your comment brings up the point of how often do we see Ronon firing his weapon compared to the others? He might appear to fire a lot but that's one "bullet" compared to the 1-3 or more per shot (often repeatedly in bursts) of the other SG-A members who fire much more frequently.

  13. #133
    Captain maylet's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the Sanctuary
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Vala_M View Post
    The Travelers invented Ronon's gun, how Ronon came to have one, we don't know.

    Vala,
    That's true

    Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

  14. #134
    First Lieutenant Opener's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    594

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
    I sort of remember seeing that but would have to go and watch again to make sure. The reloading of ammo is almost a moot point though. How often did/do we see the SG-1/SG-A teams reloading their guns? It seems more often than not that they go a long time without having to reload when they reload. If Ronon's weapon has a much longer and better ammo/firing capacity then it would make sense that he's rarely need a replacement charge.
    seriously? SG-1 regularly mentioned limited ammo when pinned down...
    Also keep in mind time compression in the episodes in mind. We don't see everything the team does as they do it, otherwise episodes would last weeks. They change mags when they're on the move from one place to another, or when they get a moment.

    What episode was it that had Ronon changing the cylinder? It's right on the tip of my brain.
    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

  15. #135
    General
    Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    20,096

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    I think it was either Duet or Condemned.

  16. #136
    Probie AltarLeader's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    i agree with "Wraith_Boy" i do remember Ronon flipping out ammo and about the origins of the gun Ronon was a runner for how many years he could have run in to the travelers at some point and traded/ stole one of there weapons because they are much better than Satedans standard weaponry.
    ALTAR The Defenders Of Humanity And The Strength Of The ALTERAN, Before Their Betrayal And Exile!!!

  17. #137
    Chief Master Sergeant Forgottensmoke's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    AUSTRALIA FTW
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    i dont see what suggests other satedans have even seen the gun let alone made a power source for it but yeah i get the idea (he hardly shoots) and his ammo (reloads) also are the travelers even capable of making guns like this or did they find like a cargo ship full. ask yourself this

  18. #138
    Major
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,083

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    He changes the cylinder in "Instinct".

    Vala,

  19. #139
    Captain Carter1994's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Classified. Shh...
    Posts
    1,185

    Ronon Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    i think the satedans are travelers who had to stay behind becuase there was not enough room on the ships
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
    I suppose there are variants between the technologies, just as there are slight variants between fire arms on Earth. Possibly the Satedans (?) were able to develop a power-cell that has a long-life capability, possibly nuclear? Whist the Travelers had to make do with using more conventional power-cells.
    In the episode Sateda, Ronon has flashbacks of the wraith attack. He, and the rest of his squad, have guns similar to a shotgun. Well, I suppose, I'm not really a gun expert. But anyway, none of the Satedans have guns even remotely similar to the type Ronon carries now, so our little gun friend is most likely, if not definately, not from Sateda.


  20. #140

    Default Re: Ronon's Gun

    Quote Originally Posted by Carter1994 View Post
    In the episode Sateda, Ronon has flashbacks of the wraith attack. He, and the rest of his squad, have guns similar to a shotgun. Well, I suppose, I'm not really a gun expert. But anyway, none of the Satedans have guns even remotely similar to the type Ronon carries now, so our little gun friend is most likely, if not definately, not from Sateda.
    Maybe it's not a practical gun for Planetary attacks, the Wraith were primarily using Darts, backed up by a few footsoldiers, a handgun woudn't be much use for the majority of the Satedan soldiers, but perhaps Ronan prefers to use it. Soldiers don't use all varieties of weapons in war, they're designed for specific purposes.

Similar Threads

  1. Ronon's Hair
    By IrishPisano in forum Broken Ties
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2008, 05:26 AM
  2. Creating Ronon's Gun.
    By PureMarksman in forum SGA Merchandise
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 01:37 PM
  3. Ronon's clothes
    By moongirl11 in forum Season Five
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2008, 12:02 AM
  4. Ronon's arm tattoo
    By Vala_M in forum General Stargate Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 9th, 2008, 01:30 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •