Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4567 8910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronon's gun

First Lieutenant

Default Re: Ronon's Gun

those were the genii

Major

The Travelers invented Ronon's gun, how Ronon came to have one, we don't know.

Vala,

The point of this post is that The travellers had little battery packs that they replaced in their guns several times throughout the episode. We have never seen Ronon's gun need any reloading.
    <a href=http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/ target=_blank>http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/</a>

According to this, the cylinder is the ammo.
    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

I suppose there are variants between the technologies, just as there are slight variants between fire arms on Earth. Possibly the Satedans (?) were able to develop a power-cell that has a long-life capability, possibly nuclear? Whist the Travelers had to make do with using more conventional power-cells.

With the amount of trading that apparently takes place in the Pegasus galaxy, it'd stand to reason that probably many cultures use similar fire-arms such as Ronan's, with slight modifications and differences. Possibly each culture has modified the fire-arm with each trade, and it's really been developed by numerous cultures over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Opener View Post
    According to this, the cylinder is the ammo.

Yes, a type of battery pack or something. But in all the times we have seen Ronon use his gun, he has never had to replace it. They are obviously of the same design, but it's a curious point.
    <a href=http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/ target=_blank>http://slightlyremoved.wordpress.com/</a>

Chief Master Sergeant

Actually Ronon's gun needs ammo, he carried a ton of them in a bag with them in one of the early episodes.

The writers have hinted that the little ammo things are self recharging. No idea how but ya.

Well if Prophet's onto something it would explain why we never see him reload. Besides, he has other weapons to use on the Wraith.*sliceslice*
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Archaeis View Post
    The point of this post is that The travellers had little battery packs that they replaced in their guns several times throughout the episode. We have never seen Ronon's gun need any reloading.
    Actually we have seen Ronon run out of ammo before. He flips it open & dispenses the old cartridge!

Second Lieutenant

I sort of remember seeing that but would have to go and watch again to make sure. The reloading of ammo is almost a moot point though. How often did/do we see the SG-1/SG-A teams reloading their guns? It seems more often than not that they go a long time without having to reload when they reload. If Ronon's weapon has a much longer and better ammo/firing capacity then it would make sense that he's rarely need a replacement charge.

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
    I sort of remember seeing that but would have to go and watch again to make sure. The reloading of ammo is almost a moot point though. How often did/do we see the SG-1/SG-A teams reloading their guns? It seems more often than not that they go a long time without having to reload when they reload. If Ronon's weapon has a much longer and better ammo/firing capacity then it would make sense that he's rarely need a replacement charge.
    seriously? SG-1 regularly mentioned limited ammo when pinned down...

Second Lieutenant

Mentioned limited ammo but we rarely saw them change ammo, and besides it's been a while since I saw any SG-1 where that happened. Though your comment brings up the point of how often do we see Ronon firing his weapon compared to the others? He might appear to fire a lot but that's one "bullet" compared to the 1-3 or more per shot (often repeatedly in bursts) of the other SG-A members who fire much more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vala_M View Post
    The Travelers invented Ronon's gun, how Ronon came to have one, we don't know.

Vala,
    That's true

Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Teelie View Post
    seriously? SG-1 regularly mentioned limited ammo when pinned down...
    Also keep in mind time compression in the episodes in mind. We don't see everything the team does as they do it, otherwise episodes would last weeks. They change mags when they're on the move from one place to another, or when they get a moment.

What episode was it that had Ronon changing the cylinder? It's right on the tip of my brain.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

General

I think it was either Duet or Condemned.

i agree with "Wraith_Boy" i do remember Ronon flipping out ammo and about the origins of the gun Ronon was a runner for how many years he could have run in to the travelers at some point and traded/ stole one of there weapons because they are much better than Satedans standard weaponry.
    ALTAR The Defenders Of Humanity And The Strength Of The ALTERAN, Before Their Betrayal And Exile!!!

Chief Master Sergeant Forgottensmoke's Avatar

i dont see what suggests other satedans have even seen the gun let alone made a power source for it but yeah i get the idea (he hardly shoots) and his ammo (reloads) also are the travelers even capable of making guns like this or did they find like a cargo ship full. ask yourself this

Major

He changes the cylinder in "Instinct".

Vala,

Ronon Re: Ronon's Gun

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    i think the satedans are travelers who had to stay behind becuase there was not enough room on the ships
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet View Post
    I suppose there are variants between the technologies, just as there are slight variants between fire arms on Earth. Possibly the Satedans (?) were able to develop a power-cell that has a long-life capability, possibly nuclear? Whist the Travelers had to make do with using more conventional power-cells.
    In the episode Sateda, Ronon has flashbacks of the wraith attack. He, and the rest of his squad, have guns similar to a shotgun. Well, I suppose, I'm not really a gun expert. But anyway, none of the Satedans have guns even remotely similar to the type Ronon carries now, so our little gun friend is most likely, if not definately, not from Sateda.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter1994 View Post
    In the episode Sateda, Ronon has flashbacks of the wraith attack. He, and the rest of his squad, have guns similar to a shotgun. Well, I suppose, I'm not really a gun expert. But anyway, none of the Satedans have guns even remotely similar to the type Ronon carries now, so our little gun friend is most likely, if not definately, not from Sateda.
    Maybe it's not a practical gun for Planetary attacks, the Wraith were primarily using Darts, backed up by a few footsoldiers, a handgun woudn't be much use for the majority of the Satedan soldiers, but perhaps Ronan prefers to use it. Soldiers don't use all varieties of weapons in war, they're designed for specific purposes.