No announcement yet.

Pretense (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No matter what they left out (and they had to leave out something, unless they wanted the show to run 24/7), someone would be disappointed. Them's the breaks.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Return of the Tollan!

Thoughts:
      -SKAARA! So nice to see him out of the clutches of Klorel!
      -Lya's back! *more cheering*
      -Jack trying to sound smart is a total riot. He'd make a horrible lawyer.
      -Zipacna (sp?) is nasty. He's so slimy and sleazy...just like the snake in his head.

Good episode, but kind of slow in parts. The ending had a nice twist. WTG Lya!
      "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

That actor who played Zipanaca seemed like many lawyers we see advertising their wares on TV.. SLIMY as heck.. Though he also seemed familiar, from elsewhere..Just can't picture where yet.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          That actor who played Zipanaca seemed like many lawyers we see advertising their wares on TV.. SLIMY as heck.. Though he also seemed familiar, from elsewhere..Just can't picture where yet.
          ...seen him in a few things recently....Real Steel for one...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
          "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
          a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Love the Nox. Love the Tollan. Love Love Love Zippy. Totally.
            Teal'c rocked. Skara, love him. Even though he sounds like a dalek (his name)

that's it. Such a shame that we didn't ever get any more nox.

ETA: and how great are the Goa'uld stamping around just like Vogons? I keep expecting them to break out the poetry.
            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

The Nox still give me happy, fuzzy feelings. They're so cute.

The Tollans should be smacked upside the head, but I guess Zippie took care of that by taking out all their cannons, except for the one Teal'c hid away. Okay, the Tollan have a point about sharing their technology but come on... a little less arrogance goes a long way.

They built heir own stargate -- way smarter indeed. But arrogant nonetheless.

I'd forgotten what this episode was about so I didn't this was the one where Ska'ra comes back. I really liked that.

Lord Zipacna -- he's just one of those funky-looking goa'uld. Zippie.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SG1 doesn't give tech lesser worlds why should the Tollans. Loved seeing the nox also.

Comment

True, we have not been shown to give some goodies to lesser planets, but some we have.. specially medicine.

Comment

We're always offering supplies but never technology.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Which is why i never understood our hate of the tolans either.. they were just doing what we were.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Zipacna from Pretense reminds me of the guy who helped choose Skaara in COTG, it wasn't the same actor, but I've always wondered if they were meant to be the same character...

Facebook post about Alexis Cruz and the Audiobook he's done. If you're a fan of Alexis and his work - you'll love it. Book 1 and 2 are there now. The second one is brilliant, but I can't vouch for the first one (not having heard it), but I'm sure it's just as good, if not better.

"I'm not gonna eat it - that's disgusting... I'm gonna wear it as a worm-stache." - Misha Collins (Supernatural Season 6 Gag Reel)
                        "Becker, it leads to the Victorian Era. What do you think is going to come through, an Oliver-Twist-Asaurus?" - Connor - Primeval.

Alexis Cruz - Facebook. (insert Klorel/Skaara icon here...) and ThunkThread ~ The Unprofessionals page for updates. ~
                        a game for Teal'c fans ~ Skaara/Klorel disscussion ~ Character Connection Game ~ "Beyond Redemption"...

Comment

Perhaps.. they did both seem to have similar head gear.

Comment

I found it odd that no time was given in the story to Jackson telling Skaara that his sister is dead, and, overall, that Jackson has got over the loss so quickly - having already had a fling by this stage too.

SG-1 has dived headfirst into fridge the wife territory - despite the fact that Teal'C's family would be safer on Earth, they shuffle them off to parts unknown and kill off Sha'urai. Both of these because it is easier to write them as "bachelors" perhaps?

Comment

The guy who played Zipacna was also Martin Keamy, one of the bad guy mercenaries Charles Widmore hired on Lost. Another creepy role.

I am rewatching SG1 now, and just saw this episode again. I know that Skaara idolizes O'Neill and has basically from the beginning....but he basically ignores his brother-in-law? Doesn't react to his sister's death? I know others have mentioned this, but am still wondering about that.

I liked that they brought back Schrodinger.... Wonder who the cat belongs to in RL? And arrogant allies, but I liked the relationship between the Triad overlord and "Zippy"....

One other thing--how did Skaara manage to withstand Korel for so long? Is it something in the Abydonian DNA, since Sha're also seemed to have the same ability in "Forever in a Day"? Thought that this was kind of weird.
                              Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are Crunchy and good with Ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by Meaghan View Post
                                The guy who played Zipacna was also Martin Keamy, one of the bad guy mercenaries Charles Widmore hired on Lost. Another creepy role.

I am rewatching SG1 now, and just saw this episode again. I know that Skaara idolizes O'Neill and has basically from the beginning....but he basically ignores his brother-in-law? Doesn't react to his sister's death? I know others have mentioned this, but am still wondering about that.

I liked that they brought back Schrodinger.... Wonder who the cat belongs to in RL? And arrogant allies, but I liked the relationship between the Triad overlord and "Zippy"....

One other thing--how did Skaara manage to withstand Korel for so long? Is it something in the Abydonian DNA, since Sha're also seemed to have the same ability in "Forever in a Day"? Thought that this was kind of weird.
                                Yes, there seemed to be more continuity with the cat than the characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X