The Intruder (202)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    *headdesk* Why, no, us thousands of slavering Stargate fans managed to completely fail to notice something so blatantly obvious!
    I wonder how you would feel if the remark you made were aimed at you?

I guess you've forgotten what it's like to join a new fandom or a new forum. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Maybe you could let a prim'tah's mistake slide by you without beating them up about it. Just shrug and remember that we all made n00b mistakes, and when we're not n00bs anymore, we show tolerance because we once were tolerated.
    ~*~*~*~*~*
    not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

To understand Simon, put yourself in his shoes.His supersmart kinda hot girlfriend leaves him to go on a trip that she can't tell him about. Then she sends him a message saying, 'Get on with your life'. He sees this and says WTF? "I've been waiting for months and then I get a Dear John letter?" Simon may not be the best looking guy, but he's a big time doctor, which gives him a few extra points on the eligibility scale. Getting dumped is probably new to him.

So what does Simon do? He goes and finds another hottie. And this time he finds a woman that is unlikely to go off on year long secret expedition, maybe she's a fitness instructor, or a model, or an exotic dancer. Take your pick. But what she lacks in smarts she more than makes up for in other areas. Lola (we'll call her Lola) is all over Simon.

Now, all of a sudden, his Ex-GF Dr. Weir comes back into town. She makes a beeline to Simon's house and you just know that they didn't spend the first night together snuggled in front of NickatNight reruns. There was lost time to be made up for. And since Simon is a guy, he put off telling Weir about his new hottie. He could always tell her later.

But then Weir gets all wierd on him. She signs him up to go back with her. She moves his name to the top of the list and even 'suggests' him to the head doctor guy. She has this whole thing planned out. Simon though, is freaked out. He's all like 'Look, last night was great and I missed you too, but there's something I gotta tell you...' And before he can tell Weir about Lola, his new dancer/model/hottie girlfriend, she starts telling him about Galaxies and aliens and stargate this and atlantis that.

So now Simon has a big decision to make. He can go off to another galaxy with his ex-GF who seems to have a hidden controlling streak in her. Or he can stay with Lola. Now for this part, you have to give Lola a lot of credit. She has got to be -incredibly- gifted for a guy to turn down space travel for. And when I say gifted, I aint talking about wrapping presents.

So Simon redumps the woman who dumped him so he can stay on earth with his hot stripper girlfriend. Makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

^ My, what an elaborate fantasy you've conceived.
        Originally posted by ShadowMaat
        Staring sunward in space without massive polarization is a good way to fry your eyeballs and go blind. My understanding of the subject is admittedly wavery and I know allowances have to be made so that we can see the actors doing their thing, but it still seemed pretty dodgy.
        I thought about that myself, but I figured there was just some magically super-advanced technology that allowed the F302's windows to filter out enough UV that it wouldn't be harmful. Funny that McKay still managed to get a sunburn out of it anyway, though.
        Ford: Do we know anything about Ford's parents? If they have a military link it could be why the cousin was so quick to give up. Whatever the reason, there seemed to be a little more to it than just, "He's probably dead, so just say so." I read it as an accusatory kind of attitude, the kind one gets from experience.
        Could be. It's established that he lives with and/or was raised by his grandparents, since his message home in "Letters to Pegasus" was all directed at them. His parents' having died in the military would be a good explanation for that and an interesting addition to the character, in my opinion.
        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I wasn't particularly looking forward to this episode going from the previews because I figured that the computer virus angle has been played...and played..and played just about to death but I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty much a filler episode but I enjoyed the humor and it gave us a chance to get to know Caldwell's character a bit better.

Hermiod was a hoot. "Crap indeed.". LOL. I just wish that they would provide us subtitles when s/he mumbles under his/her breath in Asgard. I'd just love to know the translation. It seems to me that the recurring plot of the week is Sheppard in mortal peril...again. It's going to become a running theme I think, sort of like the Wizard of Oz references on SG-1. The interaction with Shep and McKay is witty as always. I love those two. They're the Odd Couple of Atlantis.

I still can't get used to the shortened themes on this or SG-1 and I really hope that TPTB at Sci-Fi pull their heads out of their collective bums soon and realize what a travesty it is.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. Boy, those wraiths are smarter than we thought they were. With one encounter with the Daedelas, they designed a virus and a delivery method that crippled and damn near killed the ship.

I love Hermi cussing under his breath. I loved the whole dynamic between Hermiod and Rodney. It's like they're competing to see who's the smartest as if it's not a given with Hermiod being an Asgard. John being weirded out by having an alien on board was hilarious! The look he kept giving Hermi and the way Hermi narrowed his eyes at him had me rolling! I loved it! It was a good story although I kept hearing the phrase, "What are you doing, Hal?" in the back of my mind. Good scene with Rodney and Lindstrom.

What I didn't care for was the whole Simon thing. I didn't like seeing her so desperate. It really bothered me that Weir was using her position to try and bring her boyfriend with her. How fair was that to the others who had not only left others behind but couldn't even tell them where and why they were gone, like Weir was able to do with Simon. I have to admit I'm a little queasy about the break-up with Simon and the subsequent late night coffee with John. I really don't want to see Weir/Shep. Really. Not.

I also couldn't believe how pushy Weir was in the meeting. Honestly, I always thought there should be a military commander to the Atlantis project until the city was secured. While I like the idea of a woman being in command, it could have just as easily been a female military commander. It disappointed me that everyone gave up so easily. I think if Hammond had been in that meeting, he might have reminded Weir that he also had a red phone on his desk.

Overall, I liked it. I give it an 8. It had a good beat and you can dance to it.
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

I knew I forgot something.

Rodney covering up ...ahem... The Family Jewels when being beamed?

That totally cracked me up.

David Hewlett does all kinds of great things for Rodney McKay. So do the writers and directors. That's some great synchronicity.
              ~*~*~*~*~*
              not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
              http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                I really don't want to see Weir/Shep. Really. Not.
                It seems TPTB are determined to provide "ship" in SGA (latest con mentioned lots of romance on SGA this year. ). If they are going to "force" anything on us, I'd rather see Weir/Shep. . than the alternative. But I'm hoping things stay fairly quiet on the romo front.

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                I wasn't particularly looking forward to this episode going from the previews because I figured that the computer virus angle has been played...and played..and played just about to death but I was pleasantly surprised.
                Yep - I thought it was "Entity Redux" - but they did it better, and I liked the references to "Entity" by McKay. Nice touch.

Originally posted by AGateFan
                Not sure it was rubber and it could have been a chick or a ducky but it was definitly a little toy of some kind. Nice little detail.
                Good heavens. .Droops has infiltrated TPTB with his chicken fetish!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Interesting bottle show. Like Hermy ... something very O'Neill-ish about him. And SG never said all Asgards are the same, just the same body style. So somewhere ther would be 'tude about the humans. As for Hermy weapons issues, nice go around the writers used. "Well is arsh is also on the line"

Mitch, good intro. But never wear glasses ... to close to X-Files.
                  Ford ... been nice, come back soon.
                  Novak .. great character, need to see more of her.
                  Shepard puns ... need to see less of them. Looking at S1-8, now S9(BB), it's just too much even for my pun-ish humor.

And the guy sucked, er, pulled out into space. He was a Tok'Ra before, right? Is the local actor pool getting shallow? Sorry Brad
                  The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

I've looked around and haven't seen the Asgard translations posted yet, so I can tell you.

After the naked comment, Hermiod says, "These humans are infants."

Then after the 2nd rebooting he says, "The incompetence of these humans is beginning to make me angry." (I think. This one is a little less clear.)

Now, credit goes to he who discovered this. The find wasn't my idea. I just reversed it.

Edit: Anybody who say me type "impotence," it was just a typo!

Well, I had the "Ghost in the Machine" feeling as soon as you saw the technician was electrocuted (anyone seen X-Files?) AIs just like covertly knocking off their enemies.

I loved SG-1 and Atlantis this week. I thought this was a great episode, with all the moments everyone's already mentioned. My like of Sheppard lost a few points with the way he treated Hermiod. I guess people can't be open-minded about everything. Being Meridian-sensitive, I was waiting for some side effects to be mentioned from the F-302 flight, especially since Hermiod pointed out how close they were pushing it to lethal, but they were just making note of a sunburn.

I'm so proud of myself that I called the Sheppard flying off in the first F-302. I was having Tangent flashbacks as soon as we saw him in it.

The worst part of the episode for me, and not bad in quality but just in preference, was the Simon part.
                    (As my hubby said when Simon spoke to Weir, "Don't worry, Liz. You'll be banging Sheppard before the season's over." God, if my hubby sees it... )
                    *grimace*

I feel like I'm the only one in the world, but I really, really like Weir and Simon together! I'm not normally a big shipper, but I loved their chemistry. I'm kind of irked that the writers felt they had to cut off Elizabeth's emotional ties, though I know he couldn't have waited for her forever. Perhaps they could have worked him into Atlantis without the established relationship becoming cumbersome. Or at least not have gotten rid of him so fast .

And I see that nobody else thought anything of it, but I thought Elizabeth was being a tiny bit overzealous with Landry and the others. I appreciate her defending her position and being strong and assertive, but she was almost threatening to have her way as soon as another leader was brought up, and I thought it was reasonable business to want to appoint a more experienced leader.

P.S. Happy Novak wasn't there.
                    Last edited by sparklegem; 23 July 2005, 12:48 AM.

Comment

I love the episod over all, mckay and hermie nows thats some funny stuff, but when did shepard leanr to fly a 302, this was never explained,

Comment

Originally posted by CYBEREAGLE19
                        I love the episod over all, mckay and hermie nows thats some funny stuff, but when did shepard leanr to fly a 302, this was never explained,
                        The magical\matrix\GameKeeper chair.... makes all training fast and easy. Shep knows Kung Fu too!!.

No Seriously Shep is a skilled pilot on many different types of vehicles and he had a month or so on Earth (however long it took for Deadelus to come pick them up) plus the boring ride back to Pegusus. You dont think he was catching up on this War and Peace do you? I imagen they have training gear on the Deadelus to keep the pilots sharp during long hyperspace jumps.
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                          It seems TPTB are determined to provide "ship" in SGA (latest con mentioned lots of romance on SGA this year. ). If they are going to "force" anything on us, I'd rather see Weir/Shep. . than the alternative. But I'm hoping things stay fairly quiet on the romo front.
                          I hope it stays quiet on the romance front as well. But if we have to have romance, can we please have anyone but Weir/Shep. The hair stands up on the back of my neck (and not in a good way) when I think about the two of them romantically involved. *shudder*

If they just have to do it, I would like to have Weir with the Ancient she met in the past who made it possible for her to save Atlantis. (Heck, he builds time machines - why not?) As for Shep...I'm not sure yet. I think the Teyla pairing would be a bit too obvious. Maybe someone new who comes to Atlantis from Earth. Next year.
                          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                          it has it's own laws and beats about things
                          which the intellect scorns."
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                            It was a good story although I kept hearing the phrase, "What are you doing, Hal?" in the back of my mind.
                            Yup, shades of HAL 9000 in there, huh?

I thought the episode was solid, but not outstanding. Love Hermiod. McKay is hilarious as usual. I like it when Weir shows some major backbone as with General Landry and Col. Caldwell. Didn't like her fawning over Simon so much. Don't care for Sheppard's flightsuit, nor Landry's wearing of the leather bomber inside the SGC.

Just my $0.02.

Comment

They're standard Fighter Plane controls, shouldn't be too hard to just read up on the specs and boom yer there. Its like changing cars from a Volkswagen to a Ford really

Comment

Enjoyable ep, all around...the humor, flashbacks, and tightly written scenes with great lines elevate this ep above its rather simplistic but interesting plot. A solid, great episode!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X