• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instinct (207)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON TWO
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207

The team discovers a young Wraith girl who has been raised by a human, and is in hiding from the people of her human village in fear of her life.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 08:05 PM.

This episode was great, but so sad...BSG is such a chore to watch these days. Think I'll catch up on some zzzzz's

Comment

My impressions on Instinct -

Stargate SG:1 left a bad taste in my mouth, I was watching SG:1 and the commercials to Atlantis while watching SG:1 had me more than psyched. For one, this is the first time I have been able to catch anything this season. I have been unable to watch the other episodes this season because we didn't have Sci-fi in the dorm room. But now I do. And Atlantis has grown on me, and it is still the same Atlantis. SG:1 is not the same SG:1.

So yeah, I was already psyched to return to the familiar faces of Atlantis, and wow. Was it worth it!

I was glued to the screen from start to finish, literally.

And the ending, what a cliffhanger.

I loved this episode!!!

Comment

Is it me or is the forums moving exceptionally slow these days?

Comment

It's the forums... Or it might be ME AND YOU...

Comment

I didn't like this episode at all. It seemed...choppy, maybe? I guess it just didn't click. "Conversion" looks really interesting though.

Comment

I don't understand why you didn't like it. It was somewhat predictable, until the last bit happened. But still, it was interesting and had me on the edge of my seat. And I just love every character on Atlantis.

What do you mean by choppy?

Comment

This ep was amazing to me. I'll certainly be watching it again, maybe even tonight if I can stay up late considering the insane hour I must get up.

Thoughts:

- I'm hungry to see some Weir development this season.
                - Good moments for Teyla in this ep.
                - Jewel Staite is amazing.
                - If I were the villagers I would not be placated by Sheppard saying "Let us handle this."
                - Is a little air out of McKay's balloon?
                - I wish to God Carson would stop experimenting with retroviruses, enzymes, and other stuff. With the exception of the ancient gene innoculation, it doesn't end well. Granted what happened here was not his fault at all - I'm sure he brought the samples to test on freshly drawn blood or tissue, but really, it's just awful.
                - Speaking of awful, the awful truth of Elia's diet was something I sort of suspected, but I liked the way it was unveiled.
                - The relationship between the village elder and Elia's father - I suppose if I had been paying attention I would see that that line was dangled out there for a reason, but I was so caught up in the action that that revelation caught me by surprise.
                - The tenderness of the relationship between Elia and her father was handled very well, which made the anguish all the more poignant.
                - God - 2 weeks from now will be SO long to wait for what happens with Sheppard.
                ~*~*~*~*~*
                not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

This episode was sad... But I really enjoyed it. It felt like a very solid episode...great story, great characters. Man...I love Stargate
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

This was a good episode.

Sheppard was good.
                    Rodney was funny and good (not as slappable as last week)
                    Beckett was good
                    Teyla was good, and had a good explanation to Dex.
                    Dex was good, and its good that he wants to follow orders.
                    I actually liked the villagers, not sure why, just had a good feeling about them. Even after they talked about slaughtering the defenseless wraith (are there defensless wraith?)
                    The wraith girls fate was sad.
                    This was just part one of a 2 parter, so why didnt they just play it that way? It felt like a setup ep to me. Hope the payoff is good.
                    I thought for a few minutes we were going to get the solient green for wraith but they went a different way. Hmmm bilogical weapon, you set it off and all of the wraith turn into humans. Well unless it backfires and then they all turn into superwriath.

Good ep. B.
                    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Ooooh this is an ep I really want to see, but can't yet. Reading the posts here helps me cope! What happens to the girl? I was worried from spoilers that she dies, she doesn't does she?!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmm..not a bad episode, but a leeeetle too predictable.

You know, if the wraithe can only feed on humans, there must be something in human bodies that wraithe specifically need. I don't see why they don't just put massive amount of efforts into finding a way to synthesize that and just give it to the wraithe to reduce their motives to cull. They'd probably still do it because they're evil and monstrous, but they'd be less committed to doing it because they wouldn't need to.

It was a little unclear on whether Elia survived being shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                          Hmm..not a bad episode, but a leeeetle too predictable.

You know, if the wraithe can only feed on humans, there must be something in human bodies that wraithe specifically need. I don't see why they don't just put massive amount of efforts into finding a way to synthesize that and just give it to the wraithe to reduce their motives to cull. They'd probably still do it because they're evil and monstrous, but they'd be less committed to doing it because they wouldn't need to.

It was a little unclear on whether Elia survived being shot.
                          If she fed on a human (I hope she didn't!!!) then she probably would. That didn't happen did it?
                          sigpic

Comment

I was going to make a post asking that soon... I mean... I hope she didn't die. I'm a sap and want everything sincerely good to live. And she was, all up until the virus starting having that effect on her...

Comment

I liked it, had some interesting twists and turns. Shep smacking McKay up the side of the head. Priceless! Dex talking to Teyla about Elia's table manners? Pot calling the kettle black!

Some good snatches of dialogue - sorry, exact dialogue escapes me right now except the hilarious Wraith puberty analogy that Sheppard made.

Nice setup for "Conversion." Darn, gotta wait two weeks.

McKay seemed out of it (as it not a single smile) throughout the episode. Wonder if he's still recovering from the monumental disaster he created in "Trinity."

Comment

Working...
                              X