No announcement yet.

Trinity (206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved this ep. I loved the McShep friendship. I adored the Rodney/Shep/Zelenka scene. Smart Shep. Hee. I adore Zelenka in this. I love that he was RIGHT! And that Rodney was wrong. I love that because just like with Shep...I like my characters flawed. That's why I adore Shep. He screws up and is wrong and keeps trying. I've been wanting that with Rodney. THANK YOU PTB. Took you long enough.

I also like that Rodney's biggest regret <not blowing off Collins but he's in line with Gaul and Peter and so on> In that Rodney and Shep feel guilty about the people they've lost. That's a given> In this ep the biggest regret for rodney was that he might have lost Shep's trust. And I love that shep didn't just forgive him. He shouldn't. What Rodney did falls onto Shep as well. Shep trusted Rodney enough to convince Weir to let them do this and Rodney let his ego get in the way. And...well..you know what I mean. Trickle down/up effect.

I loved Weir reeming Rodney. I actually like how Rodney kinda just blows it off with, yeah yeah. I apologized. But his sincerity with Shep was wonderful and Shep's reaction's were fabulous. They were both very HONEST and I love that.

I loved John's anger at Rodney and his little story about the plane and trying to pull Rodney now and it was just so Them. Joe does that anger thing so well.

I liked the Mom/Weir and Dad/Caldwell scene. Shep looked like the teenager who was caught between them. LOL

I liked the Ronon and teyla stuff. I like how she acted with him. How she got angry yet how she understood. Yet she made it clear that she would not excuse what he did nor would she accept his behavior in the future. Yay..>Ronon makes mistakes too.

And, obviously, this was the HUMAN ERROR ep they didn't do last year. I'm glad. Better now after all McShep have been through. After what they've all been through.

My only complaint is the Daedalus coming to the rescue. I did'nt like it rescuing Shep in SIEGE and I diddn't like it rescuing McShep. Yeah...they have to use the ship somehow, but it's lame on the part of the writers. I could have given them several different ways to save McShep.

Oh...I also loved how Mcshep worked together. Shep a smart boy. They're a great team. And I think this will bond them. Of course enough time will have passed between this and INSTINCT for the trust to be back. But that's okay. It will make CONvERSION more meaningful too.

LOVE THis EP for it's intensity too. Edge of my seat viewing again. I'd say my fave of the season too.

Well..until COnvERSION! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sgatelvr
      And how about Ronin? Definitely NOT a team player!! Where I can understand his rage, I think his actions were a bit extreme. I think he just lost a lot of respect in Teyla's eyes, regardless of what she said. Obviously, he needs to spend some more time in military training. He's been alone far too long. I'm a bit disappointed in him.
      Ronon needs some serious socialization. Counselling wouldn't be a bad idea. And now he has gone and ticked off Teyla, the one person he had the most in common with. He looked like a wounded puppy as they re-entered Atlantis and he shared that look with Teyla. I loved the juxtaposition of the two of them and then in the background Weir and Rodney. Two bad boys, eh?

Four out of five lemurs agree...Shex rules!!

Comment

Oh, almost forgot. The town in the Teyla/Ronin B-story was the same set from the Ori town in Avalon, but I guess that was pretty obvious.

Comment

All and all not a bad episode. It was very McKay centric and dealt with him and Shepperd more than usual.

This McKay reminds me more of his first appearance in SG-1. He's just such an ego maniac in this episode.

The beats with Ronon and Teyla were interesting, especially the one guy suspecting they were a couple. What they are going to keep a secret between them though is going to cost them something down the line..

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            An attempt to save the sinking BSG (ok, ok, I admit Im not a fan) but I want to see the SG-A preveiws dangit!!
            Hahaha NO. I would hazard a guess that this BSG episode ran long and so they cut SGA's credits to accomodate. The BSG podcast constantly mentions deleted scenes and such... presumably they just managed to get an extra few seconds in on this one.
            aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

An interesting ep. We gain a LOT of insight into McKay's character, and it's a little cringe-worthy in its honesty. It will be interesting to see how- or even IF- this plays out in future episodes.

We got to see another side of Ronon, too, and while I suppose it fits with what little we know about him, I'm not sure it was necessary. He's falling into patterns of cliche again, and I'd really rather see him avoid the predictible trappings of his character type.

I had been led to believe this was some kind of pivotal ep, some major darkening of McKay's character and all that. But other than his suicidal/genocidal blindness to the consequences of his actions, I don't know what we've really learned. Yes, I can see how Collins's death prompted him to want to find out what happened so it didn't happen again, but that was quickly overshadowed by his own need to... I dunno, succeed. Prove himself. Whatever.

Hewlett once again showed off his brilliance in acting, particularly in the last scene with Shep. All the words in the world can't say as much as his expression did. Let's hope this DOES haunt him. And that we continue to see the fallout.

But again, what have we really learned? The Ancients were working on a new technology. The outpost failed and wiped out a planet in the process. Now McKay's finished the job by taking out half the solar system. But all that means is that the Ancients weren't masters of everything and that there are some things best left untouched.

And as for Ronon... That whole storyline seemed like a waste. All we get is his impatience, tendency to rash action, supreme self-confidence and the fact that he wasn't the only survivor. And Teyla being righteously pissy with him, but still maintaining an Us vs. Them "alien conspiracy". Can't say I think much of that. There's bonding and then there's, "oh, brother."

Dex IS helping to flesh out Teyla a bit, but while I still think the two have good chemistry, I'm not sure I liked what this ep had to say about either of them. With McKay, it was an insight I didn't particularly like, but which read as true. With Dex and Teyla, I didn't like it because it seemed trite and meaningless.

Still, there was good McKay stuff. I just wish there'd been a bit more meat on the bones.

Comment

Very well done. I can see them slowly taking Mckay down by notches. Last week perfect strangers deconstructed him and this week his ego takes a beating but only after it had risen to gargantuan proportions.
                I have to say I wanted to kick McKay several times. The way he abuses poor Zelenka. I give the man props for continuing to work with him and being gracious about it.
                I also love what they did with Teyla and Ronon. I Love how Ronon just shot the guy with no preamble. I never did get all the speeches people tend to make before they kill you. It was nice to see them close ranks over a secret. It provides basis for future drama and dama is good.

I still can't get over McKay's ego. Just how does one man get so confident and presumptuous? He hasn't saved the world the number of times Carter has and yet he has the ego of a man who's saved several galaxies. Amazing really.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Is it just me, or did McKay seem obsessed in this ep? His anxiety to work on the new power source, regardless of possible consequences, really bordered on fanaticism. I almost thought that at the end of the episode it would be discovered that the device caused an obsessive/compulsive disorder in Canadian scientists.

Also, can't believe they skipped the ending credits and previews for next week. Very low rent, SciFi.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwall
                    Hahaha NO. I would hazard a guess that this BSG episode ran long and so they cut SGA's credits to accomodate. The BSG podcast constantly mentions deleted scenes and such... presumably they just managed to get an extra few seconds in on this one.
                    Yeah, last I knew it's the ratings king for Friday.

Comment

Atlantis was wasting time with those ridiculous shots of the village. No way did they go over, they were scrambling to fill the time.

Comment

This episode worked on many levels. Loved the jabbering with Rodney and Sheppard, even when it was not funny it was well written. Rodney's "Gemini." Even geniuses make mistakes, ask Sam Carter! The angst to get a power source makes for nice drama, and it played well here. Caldwell's military bent, Weir's Atlantis priorities, Rodney's ego and Shep's security mindset - all angles pulled this portion of the ep into a worthy show.

The Teyla and Ronon portion was even more appealing. Lots of drama with Ronon and his past. From elation that there were other survivors from his culled home, to seething that his former teacher, a traitor, was among them. It was a tad predictable, but the execution of the traitor was still a powerful moment. It also encompassed the betrayal of Teyla's trust, something Ronon will have to decide was worth it. They do make a nice looking duo, esp if they get into a fight. Teyla tried to give him the benefit of her doubts when he practically challenged the trader, then he goes and tricks her into setting up his vengeful deed. He owes her big; esp since she's still shielding him by not reporting this back on Atlantis. Why? Missed that.

The sfx on both shows are always getting better, and the scenes with Rodney and Shep in the lab were excellent. Loved the Ancient's "big honkin' space gun" at the end. I'm pretty ok with the Daedalus coming to the rescue (again) but it sure was cutting it close for all of them. Three quarters, five sixths of the galaxy blown to smithereens. Wow.

Bet the resident counselor is going to get two new visitors soon...

Just sayin'.
                        MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                        sigpic
                        Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Good episode, not the best.
                          Interesting ending though (Weir & McKay Argument)
                          sigpic

Comment

I will hurt feelings, and people will hate me because of this, but I really don't like Mckay, the ego, the self-absorbed nature of this guy, his unwillingness to believe in anything other than science, his constant need to be the best, I understand that the guy had a traumatic childhood, but is that really an excuse for him to act as he does. I loved the power source, Ancient technology is increasingly more intriguing. Dr. Weir and Caldwell, finally seeing, to some extent, the necessity of each others role in Atlantis, Daedalus being there at the end, Ancients caught by surprise, unable to ascend, this episode was brilliant, all the way.

Comment

Very good episode. I really like how this show is developing. Ah, that poor, poor, cocky McKay. Bit off way more than he could chew, without a doubt. He's really gonna half to win back confidence now. Should be fun to watch him do it, though. Can't wait until next week's episode. Finally we'll learn more about the wraith.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Excali5033
                                Yeah, last I knew it's the ratings king for Friday.
                                What is ratings king on Fridays? Atlantis, yeah they were on top last I heard too.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X