Page 1 of 19 1 23411 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity (206)

Site Admin

Chevron Trinity (206)

Visit the Episode GuideATLANTIS SEASON TWO
    TRINITY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 206

McKay puts the team at risk when he tries to perfect unfinished Ancient technology that wiped out a civilization. Ronon Dex discovers that he is not the lone survivor from his world.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    SPOILERS! PHOTOS! AND MORE!
    Last edited by Darren; January 24th, 2007 at 06:15 PM.

Default Re: Trinity (206)

That was a good ep. I want to see them tear a hole in our universe. That would be fun.

Chief Master Sergeant illuminarok's Avatar

What the hell happened to the end credits and the preview for next week's episode?

I was looking forward to this episode, and as it turns out, I was correct in doing so. This was a great episode.

Best quote:

Weir: You destroyed three quarters of a solar system!
    McKay: Look. Five sixths...but its not an exact science.
    Weir: Rodney! Can you Give your ego a rest for one second?!

In fact, the entire scene with Weir yelling at McKay in the background was hillarious.

A pity we never got the power source to work right.

Oh, and I have to mention that I am continually impressed with the quality of the Visual Effects and props/scenery. I always love the cool little computer interfaces. And the Big Bad Zero Point generator looked neat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by illuminarok
    What the hell happened to the end credits and the preview for next week's episode?
    An attempt to save the sinking BSG (ok, ok, I admit Im not a fan) but I want to see the SG-A preveiws dangit!!

EDIT: Got my preview, now Im happy. For the record I didnt like it when they did that last year from SG-1 to SG-A either, just throws you off.
    Last edited by AGateFan; August 19th, 2005 at 06:09 PM.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Chief Master Sergeant EyeStrain's Avatar

ZPM's still the perfered power source

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Question about wraith ships and trinity episode

Do wraith ships have shields? I am sure this has been asked/explained before but I am going to ask again because
    Spoiler:
    the weapon in trinity took a whole bunch out and I believe was said to be as powerful or more so than the sat. weapon, yet the dadealus (sp) took a couple hits from it and their shields held up.
    "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

Oh boy. Rodney REALLY messed up this time.... badly.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3967&dateline=1196580684
Your Current Signature Picture

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!

Quote Originally Posted by EyeStrain
    ZPM's still the perfered power source
    And 4 shall remain in my posts for as long as they remain so.

I have to admit, I was beginning to worry that they'd make it work and that I'd have to make a new sig....

Heart Re: Trinity (206)

The best episode of the new season. By far.

Who wrote the ep?
    That writer deserves oodles of cyberhugs. ::huuuuuuugs::

Oh, McKay. Poor, poor baby. He wanted so badly to be right, and if he had been, he would forever be a hero. Lesson learned: never second guess the Ancients.

And how about Ronin? Definitely NOT a team player!! Where I can understand his rage, I think his actions were a bit extreme. I think he just lost a lot of respect in Teyla's eyes, regardless of what she said. Obviously, he needs to spend some more time in military training. He's been alone far too long. I'm a bit disappointed in him.

Wier. She tries so hard, and gets undermined at every turn. She really needs to learn to stick to her guns: when she says no, she HAS GOT to stick with it! They sure are lucky they only lost one of their team.

Anyway, this was a great ep. Probably my favorite of the season. McKay deserved to be reprimanded, but I can't help feeling sorry for him. He will, no doubt, be back to usual form in the next ep, but I enjoyed him acting contrite tonight. Shows he really does have a conscience.

Chief Master Sergeant

Well now Sam can't hold that whole supernova thing over Rodney's head anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Excali5033
    Well now Sam can't hold that whole supernova thing over Rodney's head anymore.
    Indeed. Ripping a hole in the fabric of spacetime and causing an explosion that pretty much destroys an entire solar system would seem to outdo a simple supernova.

Here's the address to complain to Scifi about hacking off the end credits:

feedback@scifi.com

Meanwhile, it was a FANTASTIC episode!!! Loved it.

Chief Master Sergeant EyeStrain's Avatar

Asgard shield on the Daedalus are pretty good in both Trinity and Beachhead.

Torrell(CONDEMNED) would have made a difference if he were around to encourage Mckay

I loved this ep. I loved the McShep friendship. I adored the Rodney/Shep/Zelenka scene. Smart Shep. Hee. I adore Zelenka in this. I love that he was RIGHT! And that Rodney was wrong. I love that because just like with Shep...I like my characters flawed. That's why I adore Shep. He screws up and is wrong and keeps trying. I've been wanting that with Rodney. THANK YOU PTB. Took you long enough.

I also like that Rodney's biggest regret <not blowing off Collins but he's in line with Gaul and Peter and so on> In that Rodney and Shep feel guilty about the people they've lost. That's a given> In this ep the biggest regret for rodney was that he might have lost Shep's trust. And I love that shep didn't just forgive him. He shouldn't. What Rodney did falls onto Shep as well. Shep trusted Rodney enough to convince Weir to let them do this and Rodney let his ego get in the way. And...well..you know what I mean. Trickle down/up effect.

I loved Weir reeming Rodney. I actually like how Rodney kinda just blows it off with, yeah yeah. I apologized. But his sincerity with Shep was wonderful and Shep's reaction's were fabulous. They were both very HONEST and I love that.

I loved John's anger at Rodney and his little story about the plane and trying to pull Rodney now and it was just so Them. Joe does that anger thing so well.

I liked the Mom/Weir and Dad/Caldwell scene. Shep looked like the teenager who was caught between them. LOL

I liked the Ronon and teyla stuff. I like how she acted with him. How she got angry yet how she understood. Yet she made it clear that she would not excuse what he did nor would she accept his behavior in the future. Yay..>Ronon makes mistakes too.

And, obviously, this was the HUMAN ERROR ep they didn't do last year. I'm glad. Better now after all McShep have been through. After what they've all been through.

My only complaint is the Daedalus coming to the rescue. I did'nt like it rescuing Shep in SIEGE and I diddn't like it rescuing McShep. Yeah...they have to use the ship somehow, but it's lame on the part of the writers. I could have given them several different ways to save McShep.

Oh...I also loved how Mcshep worked together. Shep a smart boy. They're a great team. And I think this will bond them. Of course enough time will have passed between this and INSTINCT for the trust to be back. But that's okay. It will make CONvERSION more meaningful too.

LOVE THis EP for it's intensity too. Edge of my seat viewing again. I'd say my fave of the season too.

Well..until COnvERSION! LOL

Chief Master Sergeant cybergaki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sgatelvr
    And how about Ronin? Definitely NOT a team player!! Where I can understand his rage, I think his actions were a bit extreme. I think he just lost a lot of respect in Teyla's eyes, regardless of what she said. Obviously, he needs to spend some more time in military training. He's been alone far too long. I'm a bit disappointed in him.
    Ronon needs some serious socialization. Counselling wouldn't be a bad idea. And now he has gone and ticked off Teyla, the one person he had the most in common with. He looked like a wounded puppy as they re-entered Atlantis and he shared that look with Teyla. I loved the juxtaposition of the two of them and then in the background Weir and Rodney. Two bad boys, eh?

Chief Master Sergeant

Oh, almost forgot. The town in the Teyla/Ronin B-story was the same set from the Ori town in Avalon, but I guess that was pretty obvious.

All and all not a bad episode. It was very McKay centric and dealt with him and Shepperd more than usual.

This McKay reminds me more of his first appearance in SG-1. He's just such an ego maniac in this episode.

The beats with Ronon and Teyla were interesting, especially the one guy suspecting they were a couple. What they are going to keep a secret between them though is going to cost them something down the line..

Quote Originally Posted by AGateFan
    An attempt to save the sinking BSG (ok, ok, I admit Im not a fan) but I want to see the SG-A preveiws dangit!!
    Hahaha NO. I would hazard a guess that this BSG episode ran long and so they cut SGA's credits to accomodate. The BSG podcast constantly mentions deleted scenes and such... presumably they just managed to get an extra few seconds in on this one.
    aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama