X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient vs Ori Healing power

So here's a couple of thoughts...

In SG1 Season 7: Lost City II... Jack had sufficient Ancient knowledge (and power) that was able to heal Bratac's wounds...

We just recently saw in Avalon II: an Ori Prior (or... maybe it was a Doci? - but I'm pretty sure it was a Prior) who
    Spoiler:
    restored Vala after she was burned at the stake

We've also seen evidence of the Nox and the Asgard having some power over life and death ( - I am of course referring to : Season 1: The Nox and Season 3: Point of View).

My question is this. Since there appears to be some connection between the Ancients
    Spoiler:
    ... Alterans
    (or perhaps more so the Ascended Ancients) and the Ori, ... and albeit the way each of them managed to ascend may have been totally different (as in they followed seperate paths towards ascending)... - would their healing powers work in the same way?

And a second thought...

It seems to me that the pre-ascended ancients (like Ayiana in Season 6: Frozen - I am of course assuming she was an Ancient) and Jack in Lost City II had these powers and were ready to use them to save a fellow being. The Priors seem just as able/ready to use them. Does that simply mean that the Priors/Doci are further along the path to ascension than the rest of us?

Any thoughts?
    Oh Furlings oh Furlings... wherefore art thou Furlings???
    ... Anyone seen them?

S9 spoilers ( i hate doing this but im spoiling alot so fine have ure 10lines!)

I think the staff was what healed vala not the prior, i think that the head of that staff contained the core of whateva is inside telchaks device, and yes the prior are problebly a little more advanced evolutionaraly than us cos they are Xmillion of years ahead( cos the are the origional origional ancients and we are the 3rd generation??? or this form now ( alterian, ancient, tauri).
    The orii have the power to heal using, for lack of a better word magic, but i think the priors are simply using advanced technolgy to make it look like its them,like the goauld.maybe the doci is a haktar and can heal ect and uses technolgy and could ascend but is sorta like the mashur(the prototype) and doesnt understand how.

immhotep
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

We all know that the Ori white mage healing staff is superior to the Ancient paladin's lay on hands healing ability since lay on hand can be used only once a day and is proportional the the Paladin's level and his charisma score while the healing staff may be used several times a day and its healing power is determined by the white mage's level, magic score, as well as the quality of the staff itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
        We all know that the Ori white mage healing staff is superior to the Ancient paladin's lay on hands healing ability since lay on hand can be used only once a day and is proportional the the Paladin's level and his charisma score while the healing staff may be used several times a day and its healing power is determined by the white mage's level, magic score, as well as the quality of the staff itself.
        Did you just quote the D&D handbook...nerd, j/k

The Ancients healing ability is way more advanced than the Ori's healing staff, It's technology versus evolution. Take away the staff and all you have is a blue sokar

Comment

I was just thinking that, that's D&D, lol. The Ancients healing device, that was in use by Tel'chak, was as powerful or more powerful than the staff, a blue Sokar, nice.

Comment

Lets see. If I can heal you with my hands because I don't have my staff around me, that would work. That lady was krisp. Who's to say the Ancients don't have something like that. After all, the can heal you with their HANDS.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue5
              It seems to me that the pre-ascended ancients (like Ayiana in Season 6: Frozen - I am of course assuming she was an Ancient) and Jack in Lost City II had these powers and were ready to use them to save a fellow being. The Priors seem just as able/ready to use them. Does that simply mean that the Priors/Doci are further along the path to ascension than the rest of us?

Any thoughts?
              SG-1 Season 2: The Fifth Race
              Spoiler:

Perhaps when Jack used the Ancient Repository, it didn't just download information into his brain....what a minute, I just quoted Daniel from The Fifth Race....and having jogged my memory, I'm correct. The repository also altered his brain to increase its processing capacity.

So my point is...Jack wasn't given just knowledge, but an upgrade that granted him advanced human abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                SG-1 Season 2: The Fifth Race
                Spoiler:

Perhaps when Jack used the Ancient Repository, it didn't just download information into his brain....what a minute, I just quoted Daniel from The Fifth Race....and having jogged my memory, I'm correct. The repository also altered his brain to increase its processing capacity.

So my point is...Jack wasn't given just knowledge, but an upgrade that granted him advanced human abilities.

You quoted someone on this. The Priors need a glowing thing to what the Ancints can do whith their hands.

But then we didn't see the Prior perform miricles in "Origin".

Let's just wait for it all to unfold.
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

Guys, Daniel said the Ori give the Priors the knwledge to let them use their powers, and that every human has them, it's just you need to know how to unlock them to use them. And considering the Ancients just figured out how to use their powers on their own, but the Priors learned because the Ori give them the knowledge when they turn them into Priors. Since the Ori are Ascended, and according to Daniel, being Ascended gives you a greater understanding of the universe, the Priors probably have a wider range of powers such as
                  Spoiler:
                  throwing BB without touching him
                  or bringing his staff back to him, like the Prior did before he lit himself on fire, and some healing powers. They aren't more advanced, genetically, as far as we know, the Ori just let them know how to use their powers.

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
                    Guys, Daniel said the Ori give the Priors the knwledge to let them use their powers, and that every human has them, it's just you need to know how to unlock them to use them. And considering the Ancients just figured out how to use their powers on their own, but the Priors learned because the Ori give them the knowledge when they turn them into Priors. Since the Ori are Ascended, and according to Daniel, being Ascended gives you a greater understanding of the universe, the Priors probably have a wider range of powers such as
                    Spoiler:
                    throwing BB without touching him
                    or bringing his staff back to him, like the Prior did before he lit himself on fire, and some healing powers. They aren't more advanced, genetically, as far as we know, the Ori just let them know how to use their powers.
                    Mind over matter. In some way, the mind must be trained to perform these tasks. Either by guided meditation or an encounter with an Ancient repository, the subject can gain the ability to do amazing things. It's not that far out. People have learned to do some amazing things in real life.

Comment

When I am laying down in bead, I have been trying realy hard to turn off the light whith my mind when I want to go to sleep. But it doesn't work. Well at least not always.

Comment

I can use my telekinetic powers to turn off the light by simply clapping my hands.

Comment

Working...
                        X