This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Ancient Tech

I am in the process of writing a Fanfic for Stargate Atlantis, however I am having trouble trying to describe what an Ancient Cruiser would or may look like, if everyones opinion, taking what they have seen of Ancient Tech, Puddle Jumpers, Atlantis, the references to Roman and Medevial England.

What would be the specifications of its appearence?

Ladies and Gentleman....star your posting!
    Spoiler:

Originally posted by Atlantis_Man
    I am in the process of writing a Fanfic for Stargate Atlantis, however I am having trouble trying to describe what an Ancient Cruiser would or may look like, if everyones opinion, taking what they have seen of Ancient Tech, Puddle Jumpers, Atlantis, the references to Roman and Medevial England.
    What would be the specifications of its appearence?
    Well, isn't that timing. Being that are going to find one called Aurora.
    Well if it followed most Ancient design it will be designed specificly for that job, Example the gateship (PJ's) were shaped to go through the gate. I would have to say this, and it isn't for a lack of imagination.

I can actually picture one of 3 things,

A bit like Prometheus or Daedalus. But honestly the Ancients seemed utilitarian in there designs. And here is what I got,

A tower like that is on Prometheus (one that isn't as squared out) and a more round body on the main hull. HUGE by comparison, but nothing the size of a Asgard ship (Daniel Jackson, O'Neill, Beliskner, Valhalla).
    I would also have to say the outer hull would be more bowed in the from (left to right) and be 3-5x time width of Daedalus. Colour would have to follow what I have seen in Atlantis (Gray to white tones), and as for Technology, just look at the PJ's and Atlantis itself. But right now that is all I can say, never been too good on design. Honestly I would love to look at the computer core.

Comment

Its gone be the best possible designed ship for its role like all acient tech. It will be able to stop entremly quick like the puddle jumper and if its a war ship turn on a peny. If ur going by the roman or medival english themes it will be impresive like a castle or the great buildings of the Romans in my opinon after all they made a flying city which is very impresive.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
      O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

I would say that it would be big, not to big, the mother ships would be really big. A cruiser needs a slick design, it needs to look cool, but follow the scheme of Ancient technology. Of course it would have the best of weapons. There is no way really to describe a ship like this, take a look at all the Ancient technology we have seen so far, and find aspects common to everything, appearance, functionality, etc.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
          I would say that it would be big, not to big, the mother ships would be really big. A cruiser needs a slick design, it needs to look cool, but follow the scheme of Ancient technology. Of course it would have the best of weapons. There is no way really to describe a ship like this, take a look at all the Ancient technology we have seen so far, and find aspects common to everything, appearance, functionality, etc.

Owen Macri

I just had a though (apparently Miricles still happen)
          Being the Wrath are a Human/Bug Creature hybrid. I would wager a guess to say that it very much may be like a Wraith cruiser, not the hive ship. BUT, you are correct about the Roman Midevil design. But I guess we won't know until the Episode Aurora. But I also can't help but chuckly both the Daedalus and Aurora side by side going Oma Desala (Reger to Threads).

Comment

Originally posted by jaden10
            I just had a though (apparently Miricles still happen)
            Being the Wrath are a Human/Bug Creature hybrid. I would wager a guess to say that it very much may be like a Wraith cruiser, not the hive ship. BUT, you are correct about the Roman Midevil design. But I guess we won't know until the Episode Aurora. But I also can't help but chuckly both the Daedalus and Aurora side by side going Oma Desala (Reger to Threads).
            If the Wraith are like the Goa'uld, which they seem to be, they probably stole a lot of their technology, otherwise they developed increibly fast. Although I see it likley that they stole a lot of Ancient technology, seeing as, even if they had developed advanced technology Ancient technology was still more advanced and more powerful.

Owen Macri

Comment

thanks for the input guys and keep them coming, from what has been said so for im gonna start drawing up a few designs and will have them scanned and posted soon,

but keep the input coming
              Spoiler:

Comment

Oh no problem. I want to see the drawings, scan fast! lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

I second that!
                  As for the drive system the acients have external on the PJ and internal on atliantis, personaly id say that the larger ancient ships would have an internal enigine like atlaintis or the Wraith hive ships do.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."

Comment

I would say they have built in external more like the Daedalus or Prometheus.

Owen Macri

Comment

Thats what i meant the engin is not like the startrek ones or the puddle jumper it is housed with the body of the ship like our vessles.

Comment

Yes, I think I know what you are talking about now. You are talking about the Warp Nacelles. The Warp Nacelles are not connected to the ship like the engines on the Daedalus, however, maneuvering thrusters and impulse engines may be.

Owen Macri

Comment

maybey a mono engine an a slightly more streamlined hull than a puddle jumper

Comment

I was thinking of a streamlined hull but wide, then the engine could be like a bar along the back of the ship. Who knows what kind of propulsion technology they use, I want to find out!

Owen Macri

Comment

God Damn It

the second i wanna get the idea from my head to paper i all of a sudden loose the ability to draw,

this may take a while
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X