This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stargate cross stitch help

I love to do cross stitch and would like to try a stargate sg1 or atlantis cross stitch but I'm not sure how to go about it. Does anyone else like to do cross stitch and would help out a newbie . Lisa
    GirlguidingUK- Surprise Yourself!

Dont have a clue how to do cross stitch sorry
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Though you could look at this http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

There are a great many cross stitch CDs around that allow you to scan in a picture and it creates a pattern for you using colours from whichever silk manufacturer you choose. You can also make them more or less complicated (half stitches/limited colours etc). Any cross stitch magazine will have adverts for them, and there are probably freeware/shareware versions out there.

Comment

You can make simple patterns yourself too. If you take a black and white pic of the stargate and trace it onto graph paper, you have your pattern. You'll probably have to make some adjustments, like with half stitches and such, but if you work with the pattern and the cross stitch itself, together, you'll end up with a pattern you can use again and again.
          The very young do not always do as they're told.

Comment

They do crop up on eBay on occasion...

These two are on eBay UK atm...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW

Keep looking to see what else might crop up...I do recall an Atlantis one being on there before as well.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

You may be able to start small if you can't gain access to a scanner. Try drawing a small item, such as Earth's seventh symbol, lightly on graph paper. Once the proportions are correct, color the item in. This will allow you to see where you will need half and quarter stiches or pontential areas in need of backstiching. Once you feel comfortable with that, you would be able to move on to larger items, but if you wanted to create something complicated like a picture of Jack or a replica of atlantis, I would go for scanning programs like PC Stitch. Either way, creating the design will be time consuming.

Then again, all cross-stitch is a labor of love, so time isn't that big of a factor.
              "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
              X