This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Channels (Sort of)

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, so mods, feel free to move this if it needs to be somewhere else.

Anyway, I live in the Midwest (Chicago area) and have Comcast digital cable. We got a message the other day that they are moving the Sci-Fi channel from basic to digital cable at the beginning of August. My first questions is why? But I doubt they would answer. The other concern is, people that don't have digital cable might not know about this and lose Stargate/Sci-Fi channel.

Is it just me or does this kind of suck?

Kerri

I live in Kansas City, and Comcast is horrible down here. Typically, they move channels to the digital packages so that customers have to switch to those more expensive packages if they want to continue watching their favorite shows.

Two years ago we ditched Comcast for a satillite company and have been fairly happy since.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Yep, just to make more money is my geuss. I use Direct TV and it's great!
      sigpic
      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

I live in Portland, Oregon, and we have comcast, but I have no idea whether it will be going digital or not in my area. It will REALLY suck if it does. Getting digital cable for one channel? I mean, I've looked over the channel list for digital cable, and they dont have many great ones. I can only hope they're not making sci-fi digital in my area.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I am in southern california. Northern L.A. County. We have digital channels, but they aren't the basic cable channels. I would bi_ch if I was you. Not that it would do any good, but at least you voice will be heard. If their is alot of you, then it would.

Digital is good. All of are movie channels are digital. The only problem is when you are watching the channel TV freaks out video comes back in squares and the audio is broken up. During a good movie your like DAMN IT.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

We are stuck with Adelphia cable in our area and they did something soooo sweet to their customers. All the folks who had regular cable were totally shut down one night - no warning, nothing. It took three days to get hold of a living human and we were told the old boxes could no longer be supported, HOWEVER, we could switch to DIGITAL! Wow, I could now get 500 ESPN stations and 10,000 HBO channels! Oooh, just what I wanted.

I raged and told them this was a scam and I was reporting them to the FCC, blah, blah, blah. End result? I got digital cable with NO increase in my "basic" payment. *LMAO*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch42
              I'm not sure if this is in the right place, so mods, feel free to move this if it needs to be somewhere else.

Anyway, I live in the Midwest (Chicago area) and have Comcast digital cable. We got a message the other day that they are moving the Sci-Fi channel from basic to digital cable at the beginning of August. My first questions is why? But I doubt they would answer. The other concern is, people that don't have digital cable might not know about this and lose Stargate/Sci-Fi channel.

Is it just me or does this kind of suck?

Kerri
              If you can get wow then dump comcarp and go to them.

Comment

Before stargate moved to the sci-fi channel I got digital because Sci-Fi was on digital. Then it moved to basic before stargate moved to sci-fi.

A few years later they moved the movie channels like Showtime and HBO to digital.

Comment

not cool - but i live in OZ
                  TEAL'C: "I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O"
                  JACK: "Call Daniel"

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                    A few years later they moved the movie channels like Showtime and HBO to digital.

is that why jack has mentioned showtime before (serpents lair)

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Heru'urs_first_prime
                      is that why jack has mentioned showtime before (serpents lair)
                      Whats funny about that line is in the DVD he says "I wonder if it gets showtime" but on the Syndicated TV version now on Sci-Fi he doesnt say that he says "mmmmmm go'uld Tv" and then gives Tea'lc (or someone) a look that seems to say 'what can you do'.

Cable is such a rip off because its a monopoly. I wish there competition was allowed then maybe the prices will go down.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                      X