This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship Model Kits?

I've noticed that trying to find model kits of Stargate Ships is like looking for the Holy Grail.

I've searched EBay and the net, and the only thing i've seen is a Gate Model and film props at £300+

Stargate is in its 9th Season and Atlantis on its 2nd i would have thought that companies would have capitalized on Stargates success. Hell you can find hundreds of Star Wars & Star Trek ships no problem.

Can anyone advise if there is indeed any companies/sites out there that do model kits or already built models of Ships?.

Thanks

The issue your running into is that Stargate is not geared toward children. For this very reason, you won't find Stargate Action figures, ship models or what have you (though a Wraith action figure and model Dart would be pretty cool).

Unless you have something custome made (which would be pretty expensive) you probably won't find much, other than a gate model and the movie props.

Comment

Aliens - The Films
      Babylon 5
      Star Trek - All Shows
      Star Wars - All Films

All these shows are not geared towards children, nor would you class them as children shows. Yet they all have merchandise modelships/charactars etc etc.

Stargate is no different, they would make considerably ££££/$$$$
      After all, who would not want an Asguard or Goa'uld Ship?..or the latest villians the Wraith.

Guess i'll have to raise some capitol and and pay someone
      Or learn the skills myself

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
      The issue your running into is that Stargate is not geared toward children. For this very reason, you won't find Stargate Action figures, ship models or what have you (though a Wraith action figure and model Dart would be pretty cool).

Unless you have something custome made (which would be pretty expensive) you probably won't find much, other than a gate model and the movie props.

Comment

Hmmm...

I really can't say. Merchandising a show is the decision of the producers (i think). For whatever reasons, MGM has chosen not to merchandise Stargate. In my opinion, i'd love to have Stargate toys. (Yes, i'm 26 years old and i still play with toys. )

And you were right in your first post. I thought about it and came to same conclusion you did. SG-1's been around for quite awhile. I can think of some pretty interesting toys and gimmicks to make for the stargate universe.

Comment

I play with my Stargate toys. I have to use a car tyre for the Stargate though and I pretend Han Solo is Jack, and that Leia is Carter, that Luke is Daniel and Chewbacca Teal'c. I get a bucket of water and throw it through the tyre. Makes for great fun! I get Toblerone's and kid on they're Goa'uld ships. I get my dustbuster out and kid on it's the prometheus.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
          from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Frontier Models has models of the Gate, a Deathglider and a Cargo Shuttle, along with some cool figures. Just type 'stargate' in the search bar.

Comment

Stingix! I WAS ON A WEBSITE THAT SELLS SG MODELLS! it had the stargate, death gliders but theyre all expensive !

the website was.......erm.....i can't remmeber! you have tried going on google right?
              ´
              don't worry, ive written it down!

www.spaceart.de

its thebest! i want to buy the stargate modell and DHD.... 100 Euros!

hope thats ok for you!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

www.frontiermodels.co.uk
                and
                www.spaceart.de
                are practicly the same with stargate models

soz

Comment

Cheers Folks

Those sites are good, but i've seen those products before on Ebay over and over and over again, only Stargate products which seem to be available which is a dissapoitment considering th length of time Stargate & Atlantis has been on.

I am going to do some digging around for the specs of the Asguard ships and see how much £££/$$$ it will cost me for one to get built.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingix
                    Cheers Folks

Those sites are good, but i've seen those products before on Ebay over and over and over again, only Stargate products which seem to be available which is a dissapoitment considering th length of time Stargate & Atlantis has been on.

I am going to do some digging around for the specs of the Asguard ships and see how much £££/$$$ it will cost me for one to get built.
                    tell us if youve found anything?

Comment

No luck yet i'm afriad.
                      I can't get any designs of any of the ships to show the guys who make custom ships.

The lack of specs/merchandise on Stargate is pathetic.

Comment

This frustrates me too, You know those model planes you can buy in all model shops?, the ones you put together yourself.... Well even if you could get stagate ships this way it would be really good.
                        Perhaps MGM are waiting till stargate is over to release the merch..

Comment

I was over at frontier models having a browse and came across this it's a 1:1 replica of the Terminator Exoskeleton...it's awesome but it's price is way out of my league.

Comment

Working...
                          X