No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had this really bizarre dream the other night that I arrived at AT8 but was refused entry because I didn't have any friends. In the dream, Becky told me that I would have to go home but that I could buy a Starbucks on the way out.
    sigpic

Comment

Ah no worries PengYn, you'll always be my favorite penguin!
      sigpic

Comment

Lol PenYn, that was nice of her. Don't forget to ask for room for milk.
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

How appropriate for Mumsey - a nurse shark - conjures up the idea of the supporter of others
          sigpic

Comment

so i went to one day of the "LAST" stargate con in chicago. it just wasn't that good without Amanda being there. i did get to see Jason Mamoa, never saw him before and David Nykl was there that day too. he seems like a nice guy. but it just wasn't the same. they had one charity booth- it was to save the hummingbirds.(didn't know they were in danger). i did get to meet up with starsong, so that part was nice. but i will really miss going to AT8. but it is not a possibility. but now that they have admitted that this was NOT the last chicago SG con, hopefully Amanda will come to the next one so i can see her again. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              I had this really bizarre dream the other night that I arrived at AT8 but was refused entry because I didn't have any friends. In the dream, Becky told me that I would have to go home but that I could buy a Starbucks on the way out.
              LOL. At least she didn't say "don't let the Starbucks door hit r butt on the way out" Hugs to you little one.

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
              so i went to one day of the "LAST" stargate con in chicago. it just wasn't that good without Amanda being there. i did get to see Jason Mamoa, never saw him before and David Nykl was there that day too. he seems like a nice guy. but it just wasn't the same. they had one charity booth- it was to save the hummingbirds.(didn't know they were in danger). i did get to meet up with starsong, so that part was nice. but i will really miss going to AT8. but it is not a possibility. but now that they have admitted that this was NOT the last chicago SG con, hopefully Amanda will come to the next one so i can see her again. i'll keep my fingers crossed.
              Hope so too. I would love to go back to Chicago. Was thinking of you this past weekend and wondering if you went.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

i only went Saturday afternoon. saw Jason Mamoa and David Nykl. then we had dinner. that was it. have seen all the people before and Pat was in line till after midnight for one autograph. that's ridiculous. would love if Amanda came next year.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                  i only went Saturday afternoon. saw Jason Mamoa and David Nykl. then we had dinner. that was it. have seen all the people before and Pat was in line till after midnight for one autograph. that's ridiculous. would love if Amanda came next year.
                  So Pat is starsong? I am not always good about keeping real names and screen names straight.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    So Pat is starsong? I am not always good about keeping real names and screen names straight.
                    Ah, but we never forget who is attached to the EH-T - and mine isn't hard to figure either! (especially if we talk on FB...it's even easier there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yes that's me. The auto was David Hewlett. It went on so long because he chats with everyone and personalizes all of the pictures. He's a good guy. I got my auto at 12:15AM I figure he had around another half hour before he was done.

It was good to see Mocha again.

EH-T I got a membership to the local senior center, yeah I'm getting older, anyway the place has a curling club. Made me think of all my Canadian friends and relatives

Comment

Hard to believe it is already Sept. Time is moving faster these days, I would bet on that. Only could thing about that - makes AT8 seem closer!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm trying work out how to pack for 2+ years in Kathmandu *and* a few weeks in London If I show up on hiking boots you will know that way back in September I simply gave up.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Just got my pass for AT8. Woot! So excited.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                              Hard to believe it is already Sept. Time is moving faster these days, I would bet on that. Only could thing about that - makes AT8 seem closer!
                              you're right Laurie, seems like breakfast is every half hour - the days pass so quickly!
                              sigpic

Comment

My passport came while I was out of town. So excited! I can't believe how quickly the time is flying by. We'll all be there before we know it!
                                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X