No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, that worked almost as good as the big spotlight they used to call for Batman's help.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      wow, that worked almost as good as the big spotlight they used to call for Batman's help.
      It's what we do - the GABIT way...

Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

So quiet around here these days. I bet all those ticket holders have realized they still have some summer left and are probably out there enjoying it. Or are gathering up their money to pay for the ticket before the deadline comes. Here's hoping we all make our goals and enjoy a great time.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
          Falls during my Spring break this year, which I'm very happy about so I don't have to take a day of personal leave to fly over for a long weekend which I have done before.
          Great timing for you.

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
          I did the same. So the money should be on it's way. It will be nice to see everyone again.
          Ditto.

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Ticket ordered and money received. Even made my hotel reservations. And yes - will be nice to see everyone again. Hmmm! This is beginning to become a (very nice) habit!
          Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
          I've got my hotel now. Laurie, it seems like only you and I are here. Where is everyone
          Still around, just been busy enjoying summer.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Watching the thread and living vicariously through those fortunate enough to be able to make the trip... just a few weeks earlier, and it would have fallen during my school district's spring break... darn!
          Bad timing for you.

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
          I've been lurking. I'll be attending for the first time this year. I'd love to be making happy reservation noises, but I haven't yet received confirmation that they've received my payment (sent on the 7th) so, I still sit here watching everyone else's fun, a little envious.
          Welcome to the thread! I'm sure you will have a great time at the con. It is a wonderful event where every attendee is treated with respect by the Gabit folk. Amanda is lovely and your fellow attendees are (except for a very few-let's face it, nothing is perfect) kind, generous and wonderful people.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          there are so many lovely folks in this fandom that I would love to meet in person, not the least of which is Amanda herself. Some of you I feel that I know just by all the posts I've read over these many years. But somehow, I'd love to put faces and VOICES to the voices on the page. Yes, I'm a very aural person. Each person's voice is as unique as their face, as their smile.
          Hopefully someday we will meet!

Originally posted by llp View Post
          So quiet around here these days. I bet all those ticket holders have realized they still have some summer left and are probably out there enjoying it. Or are gathering up their money to pay for the ticket before the deadline comes. Here's hoping we all make our goals and enjoy a great time.
          Yup, enjoying summer. Ticket paid for, except for those extra bank charges that always crop up. Pay those upon registration.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            Ticket paid for, except for those extra bank charges that always crop up. Pay those upon registration.
            same here. every time I have to pay 6£ cash. The mistery of banks...
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              same here. every time I have to pay 6£ cash. The mistery of banks...
              I get charged $30.00 on my end and then additional charges from the UK bank. It used to be 6GBP but this time was 21GBP for two tickets.

Comment

I get charged $30.00 on my end and then additional charges from the UK bank. It used to be 6GBP but this time was 21GBP for two tickets.
                I got charged 26GBP for one ticket, but hey - banks are having a hard time, they gotta do something to survive

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                  I got charged 26GBP for one ticket, but hey - banks are having a hard time, they gotta do something to survive
                  LOL, maybe if we told them that it would go to charity otherwise? Nice to see you here, glad you will be back for AT8

Comment

LOL, maybe if we told them that it would go to charity otherwise? Nice to see you here, glad you will be back for AT8
                    Yeah, we could try telling them that Thanks - so am I, it's going to be great to meet again

Comment

For the first time I was overcharged and told I have about £3.+ coming back to me. Not use to that so told them to keep it for running expenses. Hate dealing with coins!

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Think this will be the first time I've been to London in April. Something different! Hoping plans for everyone works out. Would be nice to be able to stay a few extra days this time to have some added fun. These long weekends have made for some very expensive transportation costs!
                      sigpic

Comment

Plans?? Well, still working on that. Last time I did Medieval Cathedrals. I still haven't seen the Southwest of England or very much of Wales. I also come from Scots ancestry so I would like to do some genealogy in the Glasgow area; Lanarkshire. Still trying to figure it out as you can see.

But what fun

Comment

It depends how direct a relationship your bank has with the receiving bank. Every bank who handles it along the way charges a receiving fee
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! I'm certainly looking forward to being there. It'll be my first trip to London and I plan to make a to-do about it!
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                              I got charged 16euros and I thought it was already expensive...
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

15 left to join the project for a vid for Amanda's bday

Spoiler:

So far for Amanda’s past birthdays I made a vid about Sam, a tribute to Sam&Helen and a vid with Amanda’s photos.
                                This year I wanna thank her for this amazing online fandom. I want to show her the faces of people who met thanks to the love for SG1, Sanctuary and her.
                                I ask you to send me pictures of you with people you met, during Cons or just spontaneous meetings. I need hugs, smiles and kisses. This way Amanda can see her “enlarged family”.
                                And if you never met someone in the real life, you could send me a photo with you hugging your notebook, or talking on Skype….I don’t know, just be creative!
                                Send them to: [email protected]
                                with your name and Country
                                Deadline: 15th August
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X