This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I The First ? Re: Local Custom

I had my copy of Michael Shanks audio, "Local Custom" expressed so when I got home from work tonight I was so happy to see the bright and shiny package waiting for me. I started listening and in fact intend to spend the night with Michael's voice filling my ears. As I've made it into the second CD I can see this is going to have a decent amount of romance mixed in with the politics and space trading so ..away I go
    Michael Shanks gives aural pleasure

Maybe you were the first but I got my copy at the Boston convention this weekend. Only got to listen to the first cd while getting ready for dinner but his voice gave me a thrill. It is interesting to see what Michael can do with just his voice. The story is right up my alley too. It's romantic but not over the moon sappy. I like that Ann Davis has her own career, her own vision but still has room in her life for love. They better get together by the end of this
    Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

Hey nobody told me that I could get addicted by listening to him perfom ! Love the story, love Michael. Hope he does the next one too. Does anybody know if this could get made into a series ? It has all the right elements...
      Attached Files
      Michael Shanks in Local Custom~Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

Received my copy about a week ago and finished listening to them already. After I hit CD 4 (of 8), I found it difficult to stop.

I don't do a lot of audio books, so I don't know if this performance is indicative of the standard readings, but I definitely enjoyed listening to MS' reading. His changes in tone, tempo and inflection reflected what was going on in the story: tenseness, anxiety, correctness of custom, love, etc.

His interpretations of the characters brought them to life for me.

And I'll be getting the rest of the books in the series because I'm enjoying Liaden Universe.

I'd highly recommend giving it a try.

I know MS has said he wasn't sure he'd do it again, but I'd plop down my money to get more in a second.

Comment

Originally posted by misravot
          Hey nobody told me that I could get addicted by listening to him perfom ! Love the story, love Michael. Hope he does the next one too. Does anybody know if this could get made into a series ? It has all the right elements...
          There's nine novels so far. I can't wait to get another story

http://www.korval.com/liad.htm
          Last edited by akimbo; 25 July 2005, 10:14 AM. Reason: Fix URL

Comment

Working...
          X