This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Training Program

How do you think the SGC would train new recruits. List training tips, tactics, obsticale course plans, and things about the characters that you could learn by. If we all contribute then maybe we can train ourselves to be the next generation of SG Teams. And earn the the respect of O'neill.

Training will definitely include the following aspects:

-Weapons handling
    -Physical training
    -Strategy and Tactics
    -Combat Scenario Training
    -Basic diplomatic relations

Depending on your specialty (if you have one) the training course would also include aspects relating to your specialty.

Note that physical training can be any typical Physical Conditioning regiment used in standard military basic training regiments.

Weapons handling would include all aspects of weapons: use, maintenance and repair. Weapons could include the standard issue military arsenal as well as any "off-world weapons" (i.e. staff weapons, Zats, etc) approved for use by the military and made available for SG Teams.

Strategy and Tactics encompass the theory behind combat as well as combat strategy. This the 'think-tank' course of the training regiment. It's here where you learn how to use your head in combat. This regiment can also be tied in with Combat Scenario training which immerses the recruit in real-life combat situations.

Basic diplomatic relations is requisite for dealing with off-world races. All recruits should have at least a basic understanding of remedial diplomacy.

Comment

It involves playing stupid and demeaning mind games with the recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Beal
        It involves playing stupid and demeaning mind games with the recruits.
        huh?

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
          huh?
          Uh, that's "Proving Ground." Man, they did mess with them, didn't they?

Plus, with the training, they have that already from the military. So, I think training is just to see if you're elite. That and an adjustment period.
          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

That was an awesome episode. When O'neill got "shot" I didnt know what to think

Comment

Avatar and Proving Ground. Two ways of trainin em

Comment

They pick the best of the best of the best
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Hey guys be specific hear. If you want to talk about episodes like Proving Ground, then talk about certain things you thought might help in our training. Other than episodes you can talk about what you personaly have experienced that could prove useful or just thoughts that could help.

Thanks guys. Thoughtful and detailed input is apreciated. I'm putting together a training manual for those who would want to be on an SG Team.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                    Uh, that's "Proving Ground." Man, they did mess with them, didn't they?

Plus, with the training, they have that already from the military. So, I think training is just to see if you're elite. That and an adjustment period.
                    I didn’t think the trainees were “messed with”. I saw it as a very realistic training scenario – Granted I mean realistic for the StarGate universe - O’Neill crammed a lot of lessons/training into a very compact mission…relatively speaking of course.

Comment

They are probably trained by the other SG teams as SG1 are usually saving the planet etc.
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

has it been mentioned in any eps that there is off world training yet? i know it was briefly mentioned but not much as really been put into that. i would love to see a series or more eps on training

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
                        Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
                        Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Skywalker
                          Hey guys be specific hear. If you want to talk about episodes like Proving Ground, then talk about certain things you thought might help in our training. Other than episodes you can talk about what you personaly have experienced that could prove useful or just thoughts that could help.

Thanks guys. Thoughtful and detailed input is apreciated. I'm putting together a training manual for those who would want to be on an SG Team.
                          Can i train to be on an SG-team?

Other training options could include:

Spacecraft operations
                          : This regiment immerses the recruit in the inner workings of interstellar spacecraft. Theory of operation, maintenance and real-world operation of various spacecraft. Also, a brief term aboard Prometheus or Deadalus class ships is required to complete this regiment.
                          All aspects of the spacecraft are covered: engineering, weapons, life-support, and emergency systems. Recruits may be required to learn spacecraft operations, including piloting the spacecraft and executing emergency protocols.

Stargate Theory: The inner workings of Stargate technology and DHD technology. (This regiment is mostly for engineering or related military specialties). Complete, detailed examinations of current stargate and DHD technology. Recruits would learn how to use dialing systems (DHD/Dialing programs), as well as emergency protocols (manual dialout on MW gates).

Cultural Immersion and Diplomacy: This regiment goes beyond the basic diplomatic training regiment and immerses the recruit in foreign culture and diplomatic relations. A brief term off-world living with an allied race may be required. Simulated diplomatic situations can be integrated into the regiment.

Comment

Well all recruits aren't going to be from the millitary. Quite a few will likely be scientists of various kinds. So I'd assume they'd receive:

Basic self defense and weapons training

Survival basics if cut off from Star Gate

How to dial a gate without a DHD - how to find alternative power sources

Lessons in diplomacy aka. How not to get shot when saying hello

Things not to say to the men with the weapons pointed at your head. (A class McKay obviously skipped)

Things one shouldn't do with unidentified alien technology aka. "Lessons Learned the Hard Way written by Sammantha Carter with sarcastic commentary from Jack Oneill.

Alien language basics with a focus on Goa'uld and Ancient

Things best kept to one'self during first contact with a new species/society

How to explain to locals that your god's an evil alien parasite without being maimed, hung, impaled, or delivered to said god.

Goa'uld ship design and layout for inevitable capture and escape.

Thinking fast on your feet and dumb ideas that work

Foothold Situations - How to tell if your best friend's an alien.

How to disobey a direct order, get results, and not get court martialed/fired/shot

The rest you will learn along the way through inevitable screwups and unavoidable circumstances.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Working...
                            X