No announcement yet.

Runner (203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked this ep. I loved that tptb had Major Lorne there. I like him in the SG-1 ep. in season 7. I was hoping he would come back in SG-1 but this is better than I thought.
    I liked the scenes with Ford and McKay. McKay was being McKay in this ep. But at the end when McKay shot Ford and ran away, I didn't like. I hope that tptb develop McKay more in military things because after awhile it is not going to be funny any more.
    "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      Sheppard - quite enjoyed his scenes with Caldwell, who is shaping up to be a good characte.r He's not so much a jerk as insensitive in some respects. Geez, is every commander who visits Atlantis going to drag up Sumner and shove that in Sheppard's face? I mean, Everett acknowkedges what Shep did was correct, but along comes Caldwell to twist the knife in again.
      I don't think Caldwell brought up Sumner just to be a jerk, but to bring Sheppard back to the reality of the situation. To Caldwell, looking from the outside in on both situations, it was the same thing. It was a hard, cold thing to say, but IMHO, it was the exact thing to say to Sheppard to make him understand what exactly was going on. If he could get him, fine. If not -shoot him.

Interestingly enough, Everett was just like Sheppard is now when it came to Sumner. They've switched roles. Everett wanted Sumner saved and blamed Sheppard for shooting him. Sheppard did what he had to do reluctantly to keep Sumner's information out of enemy hands. Now, Shep feels like Everett did and Caldwell is saying, do what needs to be done to keep the information out of enemy hands.

Nice twist on that by the writers.
      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
      it has it's own laws and beats about things
      which the intellect scorns."
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Not as good as last week, but, enjoyable.

I just don't like how Ford is a drug-addict and unable to control himself. Because the way it's being written right now, they seem to be keeping it safe, such that, they can rescue him one day and bring him right back to the good old ford (the one that didn't have any lines).

I would have liked it much better if ford WAS in control of himself, and, while still wanting to befriend the Atlantis crew, thinks that these superman abilities are too useful to risk loosing. Make him go on a one-man mission to destroy the wraith.

Physco Ford just seems like he'll getting boring soon. And, for Rainbow, i wanta make sure he gets a great character development if he's going to get booted from the main cast for this (although, it's nice to see he still gets a main cast credit, i wonder if that'll last?)

Comment

I thought it was a good episode. It wasn't the best but I liked seeing the support characters get out of the city and it was fun. I thought Caldwell was good and had a point I think that he brings reality to Atlantis. Was Weir even in the episode beause I almost didn't notice at all. Mckay was a little to over the top but I did like his interaction with Ford. Is it me or do they forget that they barely made it out of of the seige alive. It was ok but it served its role in introducing new characters and showing that they Atlatnis is not in the clear and that it is only a matter of time until the Wraith realize that they are still there and that the City is too.

Shouldn't they try not attracting attension to themselves by being in uniform and all. I just think that the Wraith would of been all of the ruins of the city after the pretend explosion. Like was said last year the Wraith should of gone after the scraps of the city so they could get to Earth. Is it me or did they seem to forget that plot point so far.
          Last edited by rhade; 30 July 2005, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rhade
            Shouldn't they try not attracting attension to themselves by being in uniform and all. I just think that the Wraith would of been all of the ruins of the city after the pretend explosion. Like was said last year the Wraith should of gone after the scraps of the city so they could get to Earth. Is it me or did they seem to forget that plot point so far.
            That's what I thought at the end of Seige Pt. III. Such an elaborate self-destruct plan was necessary because the Ancients systems were really redundant and they were worried the Wraith would find what they needed among the pieces. But then they ended up going with a plan, out of desperation, that relied on the Wraith not investigating any remainders of the city. In the end, I guess the false self-destruct was their only option and they just got really, really lucky that the Wraith didn't investigate. I think they should be keeping somewhat of a low profile off-world, but they could also be refugees from Atlantis that were forced to relocate so their discovery doesn't necessarily give their secret away.

Comment

Overall, I felt that this was a very good episode and a strong introduction for Ronnon. The return of Ford was handled well; he still seemed to care for his friends on Atlantis but was clearly fighting with some level of mental instability. I really got the sense that Ford isn't out to hurt anyone, but is just really really confused. If he is ever 'cured' and returns to Atlantis he could teach us a lot about the Wraith.

I also thoroughly enjoyed seeing everyone's breath-frost appear on camera as they spoke on a supposidly very very hot planet. Guess they still can't escape Canada's cold weather. Lol....

Comment

My 2-cents worth:

Really liked this episode. Ronon is going to bring a nice, gritty edge to the show. . hopefully. Jason Momoa did a very good job in a tough situation as the "new guy on the block" and the fight scene with Ford was excellent.

Rainbow did another terrific job. Ford now has some "issues" that could get interesting in the future and I'm hoping we see him as a "regular recurring" character (is there such thing? ).

Lots of discussion and ranting on McKay. He was "close" to over-the-top here, but I really like McKay, even when he is on caffeine overdose. One thing is certain - you never miss a word he says.

Caldwell - short screen time, but he was right in talking to Sheppard. The Wraith think Atlantis is GONE and bi-polar Super Ford is a danger to them. But we all knew Shep would go for the leg shot instead of a head shot. He tried to help retrieve his friend, but unfortunately it didn't work.

Weir - not much this week, but after two weeks of good character development, she had to take a back seat to introduce Ronon Dex. Happens sometimes.

Teyla - Still boring as ever. *shaking head* The only thing interesting that she did was stare at Ronon's chest (or was it the necklace he was wearing?).

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Overall I really enjoyed this episode.

Like Ronon Dex and look forward to seeing how they develop this character more.

This is the best acting I've seen from RSF I really enjoyed watching his transformation of Ford from the gunho military kid to the drug controled agressive character.

Enjoyed what the character of Caldwell has to bring to the table. I look forward to seeing more of the interaction between him, Sheppard, and Weir.

I really did not like the whiny McKay though. I'm a big McKay/Hewlitt fan and he was just over the top whiny in my opinion this week.
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Holy Sh*t! That episode was amazing! I just dont know what it is about the night based eps but the'r just great especially this one. The plot was good at introducing Dex and letting us get to know him- but not too much. He is a great charachter w/ lots of potential.
                    The ford arc was mind blowing, I love ford even more so now, his reaction unpon hearind Shep's promo was priceless and it shows us that ford isnt all that changed. He looked a bit like rambo with the heaband, but thats cool!! He even showed a bit of emotion, and we saw that he does want to be back with the team. I hope in the fucture when the Ford arc is over he will be brough back as a regular.
                    The new soldiers were really good too, and we actually got to know one a bit although (forgot his name!).
                    Sheppard was his usual self, clever funny and a good soldier which for me is great.
                    Teyla didnt annoy me!
                    I loved rodneys attempt to be "a hard man" when he shot Ford and then quickly returning to the lovable coward!
                    Caldwell is the new bates!! IMO he has the same views, he looks out for the good of the city and its people without letting emotions get in the way. This I think is a good thing to have in the city.
                    All in alll I loved this episode and dare i say i find myself liking Atlantis alot more than SG1......blasphemy I know!

Comment

Good episode. Major Lorne kinda reminds me of the chief from BSG.

I guess Ronan will stay with them to help fight the Wraith, who he also hates.

Comment

Btw, at first I thought teyla was checking out his chest... just rewatched it and it was indeed the feeding scar she was looking at.

Comment

I actually find it kinda funny that people thought Teyla was ogling Dex's chest. Because when they cut to a shot of his chest, I was staring at it trying to figure out what we were supposed to be looking at. Me being me, I didn't notice the scars. I got distracted by the pretty baubles around his neck.

It'd be funny if he had a necklace of Wraith teeth, but that's probably more along the lines of what Ford would do. lol

Comment

Originally posted by knowsfords
                            Btw, at first I thought teyla was checking out his chest... just rewatched it and it was indeed the feeding scar she was looking at.
                            I also noticed a brief look between Ronon and Teyla at that point. He seemed to shake his head just a little as if telling her to be quiet about what she was noticing, whatever that was.

Comment

I want to add to the very deserved props being given Rainbow. He did a completely fantastic job. It takes some talent to play boyish enthusiasm, manic excitement, and wounded puppy dog like that. The look on his face when he got shot, first by McKay and then by Shep, was heartbreaking. Poor Ford. Of course it also makes me miss Rainbow's presence on the show even more but I'm glad that he's finally been given a role that he can really sink his teeth into.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

this ep is my fave so far makay was great in this ep. when talking about the radason and when he keep saying how did we get to shooting or killing and when he shot ford and did exactly what i would have done after that run lol and then he was scameing after he ran out of bulltes. i tihnk im going to keep this ep saved on my tvio for a while

Comment

Working...
                                X