The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    That's a thing I forgot. Even if Ford got and accepted the Ancient gene ... he also had Wraith enzymes. And isn't Ancient tech supposed to lock out Wraith?
    If that's true, wouldn't it also lock out Teyla? I'm not saying that Atlantis doesn't lock out the Wraith, but it might recognize that Ford is still human, just "superfied *shrugs*". That's how I explained it away.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      That's a thing I forgot. Even if Ford got and accepted the Ancient gene ... he also had Wraith enzymes. And isn't Ancient tech supposed to lock out Wraith?
      Exactly... The way I understood it was that they made some of their more valuable technology only usable to those who have the gene, so the Wraith couldn't use it.

If somehow he magically was given the gene and his body didn't reject should the Puddle Jumper have detected that he had Wraith genes and not let him fly the jumper?

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

GREAT EPISODE!!!! Really action packed the whole way through. My only gripes are the shots/firing from daedlous and the hive ships didn't look real. Also im not too sure about Weir's commanding abilities, she just doesn't seem to disagree with the rest of her team's plans/ideas enough IMO. Not just in this episode but in other ones too.

Question: how come the wraith didn't detect the puddle jumper Ford was flying out of Atlantis?

Comment

maybe they stopped looking pretty fast... or they have bad sensors.

Comment

Originally posted by Baalroc
            GREAT EPISODE!!!! Really action packed the whole way through. My only gripes are the shots/firing from daedlous and the hive ships didn't look real. Also im not too sure about Weir's commanding abilities, she just doesn't seem to disagree with the rest of her team's plans/ideas enough IMO. Not just in this episode but in other ones too.

Question: how come the wraith didn't detect the puddle jumper Ford was flying out of Atlantis?
            'Cause it's a TV show and it looked cool.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma
              I have one absolutely minor complaint. Ford's departure should have been in the next episode. 20 minutes after he is awake he's paranoid and running from everyone and clearly alienated beyond reason?
              I look at it this way. The enzime probably works like a drug, and Ford obviously had an overdose. Then it makes sense that he immediately starting acting paranoid. He was basically on drugs. That's my theory at least.

And that's my two cents...
              My LiveJournal
              ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by DANIquinn
                I look at it this way. The enzime probably works like a drug, and Ford obviously had an overdose. Then it makes sense that he immediately starting acting paranoid. He was basically on drugs. That's my theory at least.
                And a sound one. It's the one I used.

Comment

awesome episode, and i must say i was impressed with the daedulus. i had my misgivings about having the daedulus be able to take on hive ships, but they struck a nice balance with it having the ability to take out a hive ship creatively, but got its but kicked in a shooting match. also people are asking about how ford can fly the jumper, maybe the enzyme gave him the ability too.

Comment

WOW

Just wow.

After looking forward to this for about half a year, I have to admit that I am not disappointed one bit.

I like the new cast members - Caldwell, Novak and Hermiod are a great addition to the supporting cast of characters. I was very surprised to see Novak (I hope that's her name) she was great in the Prometheus Unbound episode of SG-1.

Caldwell was also a very cool guy. He didn't show up and try to push people around like Everett did.

The Ford thing was handled pretty well and like everyone else, I'm curious to see how it plays out this season.

So now that Atlantis has a ZPM and the city is believed to be destroyed (still wouldn't explain why the Wraith wouldn't send darts down to check..) do you think they'll keep the shield up at all times? If it were me I'd reserve it until that Deep Space Scanner picked up something. After all they could use the ZPM to go back and forth between Earth and Atlantica.

Comment

I thought this episode was GREAT! Favorite part....Mckay ejecting his amo and getting scared. LOVED the new Ford. All I can say is, I hope he becomes a regular again soon. I thought the eye contact he and Sheppard shared in that moment when he was leaving with the puddle jumper said a lot. This season has me excited...Well done.

Umm...the opening credits sucked though.

Comment

WOW again for the episode, was quite good. Looks like a change of pace for the second episode of the season, next week.
                        sigpic

Comment

A few thoughts...

I believe ford HAS the gene, i remember he flyin the jumpers b4

why wasnt the asgard in the breifin room when they were plannin on what to do?

why didnt the ancients think to cloat the city?

Comment

I loved this episode, mckays clip falling out was to funny lol, my thing is damn that zpm didnt last that long, also the deddy is amazeing but how long does it take it to go between pegasus and the milky way without the ZPM? this is going to be a great season

Comment

Originally posted by shw77
                              A few thoughts...

I believe ford HAS the gene, i remember he flyin the jumpers b4
                              He "doesn't" have the gene. If it's "the Defiant One" you're thinking of, it was Markham (or one of the other guys who can also fly PJs)

Originally posted by shw77
                              why didnt the ancients think to cloat the city?
                              Perhaps they weren't able to think like we do. Kinda like the Asgard in "Small Victories"

I think Ford's eye was freaky. The episode was great. I would have loved to see McKay blast the heck out of a wraith head though lol.

Comment

Have to agree with everyone else here: really great ep! I do have one small gripe in that I think they missed a dramatic opportunity by having the crisis created in the season one ender wrapped up so quickly. (Specifically, I would have liked Weir, McKay, et al think Sheppard was dead longer than they did). However, with everything they had to cram into that ep plotwise, I can understand why it was. Other than that, I thought the rest of the episode was paced very nicely, spread the storyload and emotional moments amongst all of the characters very well, and admirably set the stage for the rest of season two. I'm not sure I'd go out on a limb and say that "SGA" has reached the level of my all-time favorite sci-fi show, "DS9," but it certainly has the potential in terms of the layers of interesting main and supporting characters and the seeds it's planted for future plotlines and character arcs. I'm definitely interested in seeing where it goes from here. And considering that I wasn't even watching SciFi Friday at this time last year, TPTB should view that as quite an accomplishment!
                                "Just smile and wave, boys...Just smile and wave."

Comment

Working...
                                X