No announcement yet.

The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Ford got injected with the Ancient gene following his experience in "Hot Zone," and the Daedalus, once again was amazing. The attack on the twelve Hive Ships was great to watch, but Sheppard giving orders to Caldwell, that was strange, and since when does Sheppard have all of these great ideas, I have very rarely seen him come up with so many workable ideas, like the cloak, switching the Asgard beam technology, so that the bombs could be beamed directly onto the Hive Ships, he has a good idea every now and then, but never so many in one episode, so that was odd, and unfamiliar to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DANIquinn
      I loved it! This season is going to rock! The Daedalus was very cool and I was extremely happy to see Novak and an Asgard on it. I was extremely worried about the whole Super-Ford thing, but now I'm incredibily excited to see how that all turns out. Not quite sure yet how I feel about Colonel Steven Caldwell, but we'll see. All in all, a great start for the new season IMO.
      I really enjoyed having Novak here - especially when she grabbed that woman's chair and flung her away from the console! Fun!

I really really loved this episode, but what made it for me was all the character interaction - especially the ones we haven't seen as much of before (like Rodney and Teyla, Weir and Ford, Beckett and Ford). But this episode can basically be summed up in one word:

WOW!
      ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
      The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin7
        I loved it. I loved Sheppard's journey throughout. The man looked shell shocked by the end but he did what he had to do to help keep Atlantis safe. And the cool thing was how everyone had something to do. I'm intrigued by Caldwell cause I know his attitude and his dynamic with Shep and Weir is going to change in future eps. I loved Hermiod's attitude. Funny. I liked how Teyla was able to use her gift. How Rodney and Zelenka worked to make Shep's idea come to life. That's the teamwork that is the heart and soul of Atlantis for me. I loved the Shep and Weir hug. Shep was so..um..embarrassed. LOL

I liked the Shep and Rodney moment. Too short but nice. I like how Ford has changed, Rainbow had something to do. Beckett handled things well as he could with Ford.

I was excited all the way through. The reviews for SGA were harsh. And most blew it off as an all techno ep. heh. Must be they watched something else. It rocked out. I couldn't even get through ten minutes of SG1 before wandering off to do something else, but I was riveted to SGA.

It gave us great FX and great little character moments. Oh..and the Shep and Everett scene was perfect. I loved the closure it brought and Shep's reaction to it.
        I agree with everything you said--couldn't have said it better myself! But especially so with the teamwork comment, definitely. The script and the actors make the show come to life. It all fits together so well and it's such a pleasure to watch. & there is always humor, which I always find myself laughing outloud at, even in an episode when everything is almost at an end.

I can't wait for next week!

Comment

It was hilarious when mckay went to shoot the gun and his clip fell out. Then obviously teyla came to the rescue.

Comment

All I can say is OH, WOW! I was expecting a whole lot from Atlantis, and boy did it deliver the goods! I kept myself spoiler-free for the most part for this so everything was a surprise to me. The Daedalas looks so cool. I'd love to have that ship in my backyard ( ). The whole super-Wraith-Ford thing was excellent. Although, his left eye kinda reminded me of one of the orcs in the EEDVD for the Return of the King. But it was creepy and I liked it!!!!!! The effects were phenomenal. The Wraith ships firing on Atlantis, while dangerous, was actually kinda beautiful. Everything about this show ranks an A+ in my dept.
            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

this ep was petty cool the daedless looked aswsome and the whole ship looked petty cool to me. it looked so cool when the hive shipes were shooting atlantis makay was right it looked kind of petty and when they set off the nuke and made the city invbile that was cool. the best part of the whole thing thou was wehn mckay went to shoot the gun and his clip fell out. all thou i really do not like that whole teyla can talk to the warth with her mind thing and they should have showed the city going inbible and not not sure yet how i feel about the whole ford thing. i guess i well jsut have to wait to see what they do with it.

Comment

Good ep. Actiony. The ten second this SUCKS HARD, though. FX were good, except for Ford falling into the sea, that looked fake and it took me a sec to figure out what was happening. Beautiful stuff on the bombings, though. Both from Wraith and Daedalus.

McKay was wonderful. Zelenka was wonderful. Ford was OMFGBRILLIANT!! Nice to see Rainbow given something he can sink his teeth into.

Love Hermiod. But is he really pissy, or is the girl attributing pissiness to him? Guess we'll find out. Sounds fun either way.

Comment

I would also like to add that I really liked the character dynamics in the episode. The scene between Weir and Sheppard was great. I also loved how the whole Ford situation was handled in relationship to the other characters, starting with Teyla. I found it extremely interesting that Teyla was the one to talk him down when he had Beckett by the throat. I was reminded of Ford sitting by her bedside in The Gift. There's something subtle going on between the two of them IMO. My sister also suggests that their unique connections to the Wraith might add another interesting dynamic to that relationship. Also, Beckett doing his best to help Ford even with Ford pointing a gun at him was great. And then there was Shep and Ford. The scene in the hallway with the two of them was great, but I especially loved that Shep knew exactly what Ford was going to do. Definitely a great setup for that story thread.

And that's my two cents...
                  My LiveJournal
                  ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Why was fords eye like that? I couldnt figure any reason it should be.

Comment

Simply perfect, the Hemiod doesnt seem to like their ideas too well, but they worked awesomely i'll die before next week!!!!
                      McKay: Even with the six symbols Lt. Ford provided, there are still hundreds of permutations-
                      Sheppard: 720.
                      McKay: Yes. I knew that, of course, I'm just... surprised you did.

Comment

He did take the Mensa test.

I really enjoyed this episode because to me it was what I expected Atlantis to originally be -- a bunch of characters all working together. The myriad of great guest/recurring characters -- Zelenka, Beckett (I know he's a regular now), Caldwell, Novak, Hermiod, Ford (now) -- made it for one of the first times truly Atlantis and not AR-1.
                        aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Originally posted by Jae
                          I agree with everything you said--couldn't have said it better myself! But especially so with the teamwork comment, definitely. The script and the actors make the show come to life. It all fits together so well and it's such a pleasure to watch. & there is always humor, which I always find myself laughing outloud at, even in an episode when everything is almost at an end.

I can't wait for next week!

It was a good script with a good flow. It connected everyone and the ACTORS just pulled it all together. Everyone did well. As a Shep girl, I can be content with SGA when an ep doesn't really work but I just focus on Shep. I had alot given to me to love with this ep but the COOL thing was that the whole thing worked and everyone just clicked.

The teamwork was just highlighted. And all the connections that we don't usually see was neat. Atlantis is a family.

The humor was the icing on the cake. No matter how serious a situation, there's always something funny that happens. So that made it all the more realistic and it's why SGA works for me and BSG doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
                            Why was fords eye like that? I couldnt figure any reason it should be.
                            A physical result of the influx of the enzime maybe. Or maybe the result of the rapid aging being cut off prematurely.

And that's my two cents...
                            My LiveJournal
                            ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

That's a thing I forgot. Even if Ford got and accepted the Ancient gene ... he also had Wraith enzymes. And isn't Ancient tech supposed to lock out Wraith?

Comment

I thought the episode was wonderful for all of the various reasons everyone has said above.

I have one absolutely minor complaint. Ford's departure should have been in the next episode. 20 minutes after he is awake he's paranoid and running from everyone and clearly alienated beyond reason?

I thought the acting, special effects, etc. was fantastic.
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X