Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12 34512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Curently traveling with a priestess named kikyou

Default Re: The Siege, Part 3 (201)

this ep was petty cool the daedless looked aswsome and the whole ship looked petty cool to me. it looked so cool when the hive shipes were shooting atlantis makay was right it looked kind of petty and when they set off the nuke and made the city invbile that was cool. the best part of the whole thing thou was wehn mckay went to shoot the gun and his clip fell out. all thou i really do not like that whole teyla can talk to the warth with her mind thing and they should have showed the city going inbible and not not sure yet how i feel about the whole ford thing. i guess i well jsut have to wait to see what they do with it.

Good ep. Actiony. The ten second this SUCKS HARD, though. FX were good, except for Ford falling into the sea, that looked fake and it took me a sec to figure out what was happening. Beautiful stuff on the bombings, though. Both from Wraith and Daedalus.

McKay was wonderful. Zelenka was wonderful. Ford was OMFGBRILLIANT!! Nice to see Rainbow given something he can sink his teeth into.

Love Hermiod. But is he really pissy, or is the girl attributing pissiness to him? Guess we'll find out. Sounds fun either way.

Somewhere between insane and that other one...

I would also like to add that I really liked the character dynamics in the episode. The scene between Weir and Sheppard was great. I also loved how the whole Ford situation was handled in relationship to the other characters, starting with Teyla. I found it extremely interesting that Teyla was the one to talk him down when he had Beckett by the throat. I was reminded of Ford sitting by her bedside in The Gift. There's something subtle going on between the two of them IMO. My sister also suggests that their unique connections to the Wraith might add another interesting dynamic to that relationship. Also, Beckett doing his best to help Ford even with Ford pointing a gun at him was great. And then there was Shep and Ford. The scene in the hallway with the two of them was great, but I especially loved that Shep knew exactly what Ford was going to do. Definitely a great setup for that story thread.

And that's my two cents...
    My LiveJournal
    ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Why was fords eye like that? I couldnt figure any reason it should be.

Airman
    Mississippi, US, As if it isin't obvious...

Simply perfect, the Hemiod doesnt seem to like their ideas too well, but they worked awesomely i'll die before next week!!!!
    McKay: Even with the six symbols Lt. Ford provided, there are still hundreds of permutations-
    Sheppard: 720.
    McKay: Yes. I knew that, of course, I'm just... surprised you did.

He did take the Mensa test.

I really enjoyed this episode because to me it was what I expected Atlantis to originally be -- a bunch of characters all working together. The myriad of great guest/recurring characters -- Zelenka, Beckett (I know he's a regular now), Caldwell, Novak, Hermiod, Ford (now) -- made it for one of the first times truly Atlantis and not AR-1.
    aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Quote Originally Posted by Jae
    I agree with everything you said--couldn't have said it better myself! But especially so with the teamwork comment, definitely. The script and the actors make the show come to life. It all fits together so well and it's such a pleasure to watch. & there is always humor, which I always find myself laughing outloud at, even in an episode when everything is almost at an end.

I can't wait for next week!

It was a good script with a good flow. It connected everyone and the ACTORS just pulled it all together. Everyone did well. As a Shep girl, I can be content with SGA when an ep doesn't really work but I just focus on Shep. I had alot given to me to love with this ep but the COOL thing was that the whole thing worked and everyone just clicked.

The teamwork was just highlighted. And all the connections that we don't usually see was neat. Atlantis is a family.

The humor was the icing on the cake. No matter how serious a situation, there's always something funny that happens. So that made it all the more realistic and it's why SGA works for me and BSG doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by briguy213
    Why was fords eye like that? I couldnt figure any reason it should be.
    A physical result of the influx of the enzime maybe. Or maybe the result of the rapid aging being cut off prematurely.

My LiveJournal
    ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

That's a thing I forgot. Even if Ford got and accepted the Ancient gene ... he also had Wraith enzymes. And isn't Ancient tech supposed to lock out Wraith?

Pining for more Haven, Grimm, and Continuum

I thought the episode was wonderful for all of the various reasons everyone has said above.

I have one absolutely minor complaint. Ford's departure should have been in the next episode. 20 minutes after he is awake he's paranoid and running from everyone and clearly alienated beyond reason?

I thought the acting, special effects, etc. was fantastic.

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: The Siege, Part 3 (201)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    That's a thing I forgot. Even if Ford got and accepted the Ancient gene ... he also had Wraith enzymes. And isn't Ancient tech supposed to lock out Wraith?
    If that's true, wouldn't it also lock out Teyla? I'm not saying that Atlantis doesn't lock out the Wraith, but it might recognize that Ford is still human, just "superfied *shrugs*". That's how I explained it away.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Exactly... The way I understood it was that they made some of their more valuable technology only usable to those who have the gene, so the Wraith couldn't use it.

If somehow he magically was given the gene and his body didn't reject should the Puddle Jumper have detected that he had Wraith genes and not let him fly the jumper?

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

http://militarysignatures.com/signatures/member7473.png

GREAT EPISODE!!!! Really action packed the whole way through. My only gripes are the shots/firing from daedlous and the hive ships didn't look real. Also im not too sure about Weir's commanding abilities, she just doesn't seem to disagree with the rest of her team's plans/ideas enough IMO. Not just in this episode but in other ones too.

Question: how come the wraith didn't detect the puddle jumper Ford was flying out of Atlantis?

maybe they stopped looking pretty fast... or they have bad sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalroc
    GREAT EPISODE!!!! Really action packed the whole way through. My only gripes are the shots/firing from daedlous and the hive ships didn't look real. Also im not too sure about Weir's commanding abilities, she just doesn't seem to disagree with the rest of her team's plans/ideas enough IMO. Not just in this episode but in other ones too.

Question: how come the wraith didn't detect the puddle jumper Ford was flying out of Atlantis?
    'Cause it's a TV show and it looked cool.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MasySyma
    I have one absolutely minor complaint. Ford's departure should have been in the next episode. 20 minutes after he is awake he's paranoid and running from everyone and clearly alienated beyond reason?
    I look at it this way. The enzime probably works like a drug, and Ford obviously had an overdose. Then it makes sense that he immediately starting acting paranoid. He was basically on drugs. That's my theory at least.

My LiveJournal
    ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by DANIquinn
    I look at it this way. The enzime probably works like a drug, and Ford obviously had an overdose. Then it makes sense that he immediately starting acting paranoid. He was basically on drugs. That's my theory at least.
    And a sound one. It's the one I used.

Re: The Siege, Part 3 (201)

awesome episode, and i must say i was impressed with the daedulus. i had my misgivings about having the daedulus be able to take on hive ships, but they struck a nice balance with it having the ability to take out a hive ship creatively, but got its but kicked in a shooting match. also people are asking about how ford can fly the jumper, maybe the enzyme gave him the ability too.

WOW

Just wow.

After looking forward to this for about half a year, I have to admit that I am not disappointed one bit.

I like the new cast members - Caldwell, Novak and Hermiod are a great addition to the supporting cast of characters. I was very surprised to see Novak (I hope that's her name) she was great in the Prometheus Unbound episode of SG-1.

Caldwell was also a very cool guy. He didn't show up and try to push people around like Everett did.

The Ford thing was handled pretty well and like everyone else, I'm curious to see how it plays out this season.

So now that Atlantis has a ZPM and the city is believed to be destroyed (still wouldn't explain why the Wraith wouldn't send darts down to check..) do you think they'll keep the shield up at all times? If it were me I'd reserve it until that Deep Space Scanner picked up something. After all they could use the ZPM to go back and forth between Earth and Atlantica.

I thought this episode was GREAT! Favorite part....Mckay ejecting his amo and getting scared. LOVED the new Ford. All I can say is, I hope he becomes a regular again soon. I thought the eye contact he and Sheppard shared in that moment when he was leaving with the puddle jumper said a lot. This season has me excited...Well done.

Umm...the opening credits sucked though.