Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
    That's true. Alternatively, of course, the POV scenario might have been Daniel being invited on board but, being used to people taking the mickey out of him - and perhaps being more bitter about it than our Danny, could have assumed that they were just yanking his chain and told 'em where to stick their invitation.

Or perhaps he could have been mown down by a car in Cairo (perfectly plausible given that road-crossing here is a skill unique to Cairo citizens - who appear to have no fear whatsoever. I never got the hang of it!) and was therefore not around to be asked.

Now that would be scary - the end of the world as we know it brought about by a car in Cairo...

Wow. The possibilities are endless here!
    It's also possible that no Daniel Jackson was ever born in that reality - maybe his parents never met - or that he decided against sharing his theories about the pyramids being landing pads for space ships and that, while he went on to have an illustrious academic career, his work never attracted Catherine's attention, assuming that she stayed a part of the program.

Since the Daniel of the "Point Of View" alternate reality was never mentioned, anything could have happened.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I doubt Daniel was invited into the program at all. Kawalsky and Dr. Carter would have at least heard of Daniel, perhaps even recognized his face, if he had been considered helpful in the early years of the program.
      SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
        I doubt Daniel was invited into the program at all. Kawalsky and Dr. Carter would have at least heard of Daniel, perhaps even recognized his face, if he had been considered helpful in the early years of the program.
        That's a good point. Dr Carter must have either figured it out before Catherine sought out Daniel in the regular universe or else she was given more time to work on it.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

I really love alternate reality episodes. It's fun noting differences between the one we're familiar with and which ever others there are. And I love the Asgard in action--whatever the reality.

Also, both Teal'c's little sliver of a goatee and Apophis' goatee sort of puts me in the mind of Spock in Star Trek's "Mirror, Mirror". I wonder if the makers borrowed a few ideas from there...
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

yeah it is nice to see the differences between realities. i liked this episode. it was pretty cool

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by McClance
              I really love alternate reality episodes. It's fun noting differences between the one we're familiar with and which ever others there are. And I love the Asgard in action--whatever the reality.

Also, both Teal'c's little sliver of a goatee and Apophis' goatee sort of puts me in the mind of Spock in Star Trek's "Mirror, Mirror". I wonder if the makers borrowed a few ideas from there...
              Yes I have seen allot of things throughout Stargate that have been montages of star trek among other sci-fi shows/movies.
              sigpic

Comment

yeah why cant they make up their own ideas i suppose they do but they could think of ones its better then copying other shows ideas

Comment

I love this episode, its among my favourites. Even though its not our Sam, I love the whole Sam/Jack dynamic that runs through the episode, even though I haven't decided if I approve of the Jack/Sam ship. Just another fantastic season 3 episode.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Me too. I enjoy AU eps, because they give us the opportunity to explore what happens when SG-1 aren't around to save our butts - again.

Of course, it also allows the exploration of Sam/Jack 'ship without building it into the OU team dynamic, which suits me fine. I don't disapprove of 'ship (I think that would be too strong a word), it simply doesn't interest me, so I prefer to keep it either AU or hinted at in OU subtly enough for me to just ignore it.

Apart from anything else, it's a lot of fun to see the subtle differences in appearance of the characters in the AU. Maybe there's one out there where General Hammond still has hair!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                      Me too. I enjoy AU eps, because they give us the opportunity to explore what happens when SG-1 aren't around to save our butts - again.

Of course, it also allows the exploration of Sam/Jack 'ship without building it into the OU team dynamic, which suits me fine. I don't disapprove of 'ship (I think that would be too strong a word), it simply doesn't interest me, so I prefer to keep it either AU or hinted at in OU subtly enough for me to just ignore it.

Apart from anything else, it's a lot of fun to see the subtle differences in appearance of the characters in the AU. Maybe there's one out there where General Hammond still has hair!
                      This was good in the early years. It helped introduce the idea of Sam and Jack to those who hadn't thought about. As opposed to those who obsessed about it ever since CotG and Broca Divide.
                      my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

"Ours is the only reality of consequence".........huh?, I tried to make sense of this quote but I can't, can someone please enlighten me?
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by wako!
                          "Ours is the only reality of consequence".........huh?, I tried to make sense of this quote but I can't, can someone please enlighten me?
                          No.

Anyway, This episode was a brilliant sequel to 'There But For The Grace Of God' and I loved it.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Teal'c just felt that their reality wasn't that important as it was already a goner, I guess. I dunno. I think it was just one of those lines that didn't really belong.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I think I get what Teal'c's driving at - but it's not an easy thing to put into words. I've tried about five times now and deleted every paragraph, one by one. I think it's just a matter of perception - after all, we view this universe as the 'real' one because we live in it. But that doesn't necessarily actually factually make it so - it is so because we believe it to be. To OUTeal'c, he's not an inhabitant of the alternate universe. What he does there will not impact on his own reality, so his behaviour (and, to a degree, the reality itself) is of no consequence. Or something like that. I'll stop waffling before my brain really starts to hurt...

sigpic

Comment

Was anyone else deeply disturbed by the scene where Hammond is being tortured?
                                "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

Working...
                                X