No announcement yet.

Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are a few Ripple Effect AU's that I like as well.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      It's also probably good that he wasn't there for one other reason other than there being too many Sams!
      Besides, he coould't have handled all the sexiness either. Well... at least I couldn't.

Comment

Which made me glad when they DID ripple effect, that they didn't have Mccay show up.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Which made me glad when they DID ripple effect, that they didn't have Mccay show up.
          But they did have a runner up show his face!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I really enjoy this episode. It's fun and reveals a lot about our favorite characters.

Some random observations:

The storage room at Area 51. Despite Kinsey and other political bobble-heads complaining about the lack of tech being brought back from trips through the gate, there seems to be an awful lot of stuff gathering dust on the shelves. The game chair, a long range communication device (where did they get that from?). Maybe their world could do with another Carter to figure out how all that stuff works, cos obviously Reynolds and his group can't keep up!

The Asgard got to Earth awfully quick. I suspect they just happened to be in the area on one of their 'observation' trips, scaring the locals, rousing up UFO sightings, and such. The one consistency amongst all realities so far? We always need to ask the Asgard for help. They don't seem to be willing on their own.

Since when can they restore the dead?

After comforting Alternate Carter, Jack is all too willing to help 'our' Carter and listen to her feelings for a few hours, only to be shot down. Poor Jack. He's so confused.

Who'd a thunk Kawalsky was a shipper? A military man, he basically said screw the regs because he thought Sam and Jack "looked good together". Makes me like his character even more

Comment

New observation for me on this episode which is now bothering me due to it kind of negates at least a half dozen future plot lines in both SG-1 and SGA (maybe even SGU). So the two Sams get the power booster thing to work that Jack built with Ancient knowledge and they do it seemingly easy without caveats of “impossible to do it again.” This device of course allows them to dial the 7th chevron to reach the Asgard. However, after this episode they never mention that device again and instead spend 6+ episodes looking for ZPMs to essentially do the same thing the device did. Even if the device only cold be used once it would still be useful. Hell if it could dial other galaxies could it operate the Chair weapon?

Comment

It fell into the same hole many other things did, such as the ghost aliens from crystal skull and the furlings.

Comment

Perhaps they left it behind in the alternate universe. Fixing it isn't on the same level as building it from scratch.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Insolent Slave View Post
                    New observation for me on this episode which is now bothering me due to it kind of negates at least a half dozen future plot lines in both SG-1 and SGA (maybe even SGU). So the two Sams get the power booster thing to work that Jack built with Ancient knowledge and they do it seemingly easy without caveats of “impossible to do it again.” This device of course allows them to dial the 7th chevron to reach the Asgard. However, after this episode they never mention that device again and instead spend 6+ episodes looking for ZPMs to essentially do the same thing the device did. Even if the device only cold be used once it would still be useful. Hell if it could dial other galaxies could it operate the Chair weapon?
                    Maybe with the genius intellect of two Sams, they had enough brain power to figure it out? And I'm assuming the device was left in the other universe, since none of the guys had it when they came back. Maybe they felt the other universe needed it more than they did.

Comment

True, it was taken there so the AU could dial the Asgard. But why wasn't a video made of how the 2 sam's made it for our realm, so we could recreate it should the need arise?

Comment

True, it was taken there so the AU could dial the Asgard. But why wasn't a video made of how the 2 sam's made it for our realm, so we could recreate it should the need arise?
                        The two Sam's made notes?

Comment

Tec'ma-te fellow Stargate nerds,

So during this episode Sam explains that the power device used to dial the 8 chevron asgard home world address was made by the asgard, when in reality it was made by Colonel O'neill when he stuck his head in that ancient head sucker. (You know....knowledge of the Ancients/Lantians/Alterans!) Does anyone know why they would have written that little detail so... WRONG!?
                          p.s. I totally thought that Vala was McGyver

Comment

It's safe to say that the ancients had a fair understanding of Asgard technology as it existed when the repository was created. Maybe an Asgard design was the best choice for the materials that Jack had available. And the repository included that information.

Comment

That is an interesting interpretation Thank you

Comment

Carter of this universe (or Carter Prime) doesn't need an instructional video.

The two Carter's solved the problem together, so now they both know how to use it.

Regarding the Asgard, If they really are so powerful that one ship can send Goa'uld running like they did here and in Thor's Chariot (where they just beamed the pyramid ships away, as I recall) then I don't see how the they have allowed the Goa'uld to become such a problem.

I know they are fighting another more powerful force, but we have already seen twice in the Prime Universe where the Asgardians have sent a ship to assist the SGC.

Can anyone explain this without spoilers of coming events (Point of View is the cut off point )? Perhaps there is something I'm not remembering about previous Asgardian encounters.

Comment

Working...
                                X