Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
    Didn't it mention somewhere that Daniel was dead in that reality? Haven't seen the ep for a while so I'm not sure, but sure someone else will clarify.
    I think you're thinking of There But For The Grace Of God. This episode makes no mention of what happened to the alternate Daniel other then he didn't work on the Stargate Program.

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007
      I think you're thinking of There But For The Grace Of God. This episode makes no mention of what happened to the alternate Daniel other then he didn't work on the Stargate Program.

timdalton007
      You could be right, thanks
      sigpic
      "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007

timdalton007

I think that's right, they didn't mention him. Now I'm just curious on why he didn't join the team in that reality.

Thanks for the info!
        Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Daniel probably didn't join the team in the POV reality for the same reason as in TBFTGOG. I don't know why exactly, but in the movie Stargate Daniel seems reluctant to take the job at first.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

And why did they call it the asgard generator?

Comment

My guess is that it was called that because it was a copy of the generator Jack built (while under the influence of the Ancient information in his brain in 'The Fifth Race') to bump up the gate's power enough to dial the extra chevron and send him to the Asgard galaxy.

It's certainly shorter than 'The Generator Jack Built Which Got Him To The Asgard Galaxy', though it does give the impression that we got it from the Asgard - which we didn't...
              sigpic

Comment

It seems that the AU without the involvement of Daniel are all attacked by the goa'uld....

Comment

I go with that to a point - but I think Daniel's presence tends to affect the outcome rather than the event itself. From what we see in the Quantum Mirror while Danny's trying to learn to use it, there are worlds where there are no Goa'uld, where the Mirror clearly hasn't been found by earthfolk -which indicates perhaps that there are some alternate universes where Doctor Langford didn't find the gate, or it wasn't there to be found, or someone else found it and simply stuffed it into a museum untouched. More often than not, there are Jaffa on the loose in corridors, wrecked corridors and who-knows-what-else.

From that, it's fairly reasonable to assume that those versions of Earth where there is an SGC/SGA/SGU (whatever they choose to call it wherever there are), that particular version of SG1 has clearly got up their Apophis's nose enough to warrant a visit with big ships. It would seem likely that playing around with the gate is enough to make Apophis take notice of Earth and come along to squish this impertinent little planet back into submission again.

The difference here is, of course, that Danny has done the equivalent of Alice through the Looking Glass. This means that we (unlike other universes where Daniel is not part of SG1) have the information necessary to get aboard the mothership before it arrives. It would seem that, in those universes where the mirror was found, it was simply brought back for study - leaving those teams short where vital foreknowledge of an appropriate gate address was key to saving their world from invasion.

So, well done - we couldn't have managed it without you!
                  sigpic

Comment

Great mission it was interesting to see teal'c with a brade thing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Teal'c had the braid in There But For the Grace of God. This one he got that small hairy thing on his chin.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

o sorry my mistake.
                        sigpic

Comment

My favorite S3 episode. Not that I am a J/S shippy. But I love parallel/alternate universes concept. When I saw Quantum mirror again I was all eyes and ears. And yay !! Kawalsky ( one of my favorite characters ) is back. Why don't they use him anymore ? Gou'old occupied SGC and Teal'c killing his evil counterpart in there were also interesting.

Comment

They don't use Kowalski much anymore because if they kept on using him and using him, the impact that his death had would be nill. In fact people might actually start asking "I thought that guy was dead. How come he keeps on popping up?"
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by cafine_us
                              Daniel probably didn't join the team in the POV reality for the same reason as in TBFTGOG. I don't know why exactly, but in the movie Stargate Daniel seems reluctant to take the job at first.
                              Dr Carter in "Point Of View" figured out how to open the stargate. It's possible that she managed it a few weeks before our Daniel did, or that they gave her more time than our Sam had to work with. In that case, the Daniel in the "Point Of View" alternate universe might never have been invited to join the stargate program in the first place.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

That's true. Alternatively, of course, the POV scenario might have been Daniel being invited on board but, being used to people taking the mickey out of him - and perhaps being more bitter about it than our Danny, could have assumed that they were just yanking his chain and told 'em where to stick their invitation.

Or perhaps he could have been mown down by a car in Cairo (perfectly plausible given that road-crossing here is a skill unique to Cairo citizens - who appear to have no fear whatsoever. I never got the hang of it!) and was therefore not around to be asked.

Now that would be scary - the end of the world as we know it brought about by a car in Cairo...

Wow. The possibilities are endless here!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X