This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fate of General Hammond

Ok people, what are your thoughts on how the writers at stargate should give the good General a proper sendoff?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

It would be a very good idea to give General Hammond a good, well-integrated send-off. Killing him is the cheap way out. In my opinion, a character's last episode should be just as good as his or her first episode. nothing kills a character's appeal more than a poor send-off.

Comment

He'll probably end up with a one-line he's retired so Jack gets his job send-off.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

I don't think they should kill him off. I would like to see him every now and then cause in the greater good of SGC, he is a very important person.

Comment

I loved George and was extremely sad not to see him that much in s8 and I'll be even sadder if he doesn't make a couple of appearances in s9. I know Don S. Davis has retired but maybe once or twice a year (or more) he could film a guest spot on SG1 or even Atlantis. That's it maybe George could retire to Atlantis and become the 'President' of Atlantis.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

I don't think they plan on killing him off ( I think they know that would piss off way too many people), but I definitely think he should be given a proper sendoff. At least one episode, you know, some closure.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

He isn't be kkilled or retired - General O'neil is leading a Civilian Agency - Hammond is still in Air Force.
              i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

One thing I wonder though, is will Hammond actually appear at all; or will he just be mentioned and talked about?
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  One thing I wonder though, is will Hammond actually appear at all; or will he just be mentioned and talked about?
                  I would love to General Hammond one last time if only to give him the proper send off that he deserves. He lead the SGC for 7 years and deserves recognition for this if nothing else.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                  NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Time for him to have some fun - make him the permanent commander of the Prometheus
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

i hope we see him again.
                      i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Come on powers that be, don't let us Hammond fans down!!
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I miss George!!!! It was great having a character who gave us the perspective of the 'bigger picture' - who wasn't so involved in the action but instead had to step back and make decisions, relay info to the President and keep a cool head. He deserves more than just a passing reference to say goodbye.
                          Royal Page of Samanda
                          "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

I don't think TPTB does episodes for "proper send off". I would prefer that Hammond character do guest spots in either franchise. When ever he is on ,he is an asset to the franchise.

Comment

An occasion appearance would be sweet, just not sure if that's what tptb have in mind. With Beau Bridges onboard now, they may want to shift attention to him. If that is the case, I hope he can at least do justice to the position once held by the great george hammond.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X