X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The goa'uld "grenades"

Are the goa'uld grenades re usable?

Oh... and what if you look away from it, does it still affect you?

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
      Oh... and what if you look away from it, does it still affect you?

I do remember in a few episodes where either Teal'c or Bra'tac told SG1 to look away from the grenade and they were'nt affected.

As far as whether the grenades are re-usable that's a pretty good question. On the surface I would think they are (naquadah powered=re-usable over and over), but after thinking about it they might not be. Just incase an enemy protects themselves and then can pick it up and use it against the original attacker. The might be usbale once then it has to be rechanged or reset maybe.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

i would think that they are not reusable because they do not want the enemy to turn and throw them back so they are probally naqada inside and when they use them it burns the naqada to where it is not reusable that is just a guess

Comment

There is an audio component to the shock grenades' attack, too, so even if you look away I imagine you'd still be affected, but then there are examples of grenades detonating a short throwing distance away and not affecting the caster (Redepmtion II).
          Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

I'm not sure whether looking away can really help if there's an audio aspect to the shock - try looking away from a flash-bang and you'll understand what I mean... Also it's important to note that it is a tv show - therefore the recurring characters, ie, SG1 are less afected by shocks or bullets or an array of various other lethal situations (sorry guys, but that's the truth about tv...)

as for re-usability - i don't see why the grenades cant be reused - an enemy isn't going to stick their neck out the retrieve your grenade as you pump them with lead, are they? Equally, if the have been stunned by it then they are not going to be throwing it back at you... my guess would be that they are reusable for shocking people, but if you use them as offensive (explosive) grenades instead of stun they they can't be reused.
            "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

It is difficult to say, however, I would have to assume, that if you looked away, they would at least be half as affective as iff you looked into them. What happens is they intorduce large amounts of light and sound to your receptors, your ears and eyes, they actually overload your central nervous system, so they are far more effective than normal grenades. As for being reusable, you can't really say anything other than, it is possible. Theoretically, the grenades don't cause any damage to themselves, so as long and they had power, they could reproduce the light and sound emmisions.

Owen Macri

Comment

If you look at the eps in which bratac tells the guys to look away he is throwing the grenade through a hole on the wall to the hangar bay on the other side. To more acurately put it, bratac told the guys to look away even with a gould constructed (i assume they have stronger building materials that they stole from someone not just steel) wall between them and the grenade.

Comment

If I recall corectly I believe the door was open, so the light from the grenade could still be introduced to their eyes.

Owne Macri

Comment

Working...
                  X