Event Horizon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Horizon

Hi everyone, I would like to tell you about a new forum, it is run by Col. Newman, and I. It is a new forum, and we do not have a lot of members, but we need some people to get it started. Anyone who would like to or has some spar time, would you mind hopping over and checking it out.

We need members to make the forum big, and I am hopping that you will be one of those members. I hope to see you there!

Owen Macri
    Last edited by _Owen_; 04 December 2005, 08:14 PM.

Thats a little rude to advertise one forum in another.

Comment

Well, normally, I wouldn't, and I don't just go around to websites posting about other forums, however, this section of the forum is to advertise websites, and this forum is a website. Previously in regards to another forum that I am working with I asked a moderator for permission to post about other forums, to help get some members, and the moderator approved. It is not like I am making money off of it, and it is not like I am stealing anything from GateWorld, I am just kindly spreading the word about a forum that I am helping to create. GateWorld has over eight thousand members, I am sure if a few decided to help out Event Horizon as well it would not hurt.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
        that is what this forum is for Duh

Comment

Ok I have an update!!! Thanks to a friend the website looks much better and we have a subdomain that you can actually remember! lol, now you can reach the website at http://www.eh.blackhole.at and the forum is located either at http://www.event-horizonforums.zor.org The website has been very nicley re done, pop over and take a look!

Thanks!

Owen Macri

(NOTE: Links were changed because our last host died, in 16th century Elizabeethen English, it apears as though Event Horizon is Star Cross'd)
          Last edited by _Owen_; 21 October 2005, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by briguy213
            Where else is the guy gonna advertise? Besides they're not exactly joining up to SPAM their forum. Seems they've been around the track a few times on here anyway.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
            from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Wow nice site.
              Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
              LOVE HIM-> DT
              ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Good lock with getting the forum going - It's tough work - trust me!!!!

I've registered, but I can't guarantee I'll be there often...I'll pop in every so often though!!!

A good way to get people to have a look is to send personal invites via email (not PM) to them...that way you're making more of an effort, and that gets noticed by the recipients.

Also, submit your site to links sections and topsite lists at larger stargate sites, to generate more interest!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

We are back UP

and the Forum

We also have a Domain www.sg-event-horizon.net/
                  Last edited by Col. Newman; 24 November 2005, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Event Horizon has a new look!

We have altered the skin on our forum and have a new and more exciting look! Come to the forum http://vbforum.sg-event-horizon.net and check it out!

Here is a thumbnail of the forum click on the thumbnail and then the image to view it full screen.

Click on the thumbnail to view it full screen. When a the new page has opened with the image in it it will apear smaller, click on the image to enlarge it to full screen.

Owen Macri
                    Last edited by _Owen_; 04 December 2005, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Hello everyone, as you can see most of the show forums have season subforums, not just Stargate but Star Trek, Firefly, and more, and there are still more shows we have not made forums for yet. We plan to have episode threads in each of these forums, so if you would like to help out by creating episode threads it would be greatly appreciated. Hold on don't start.

If you would like to help out with the forum please send a Private Message to me, Owen Macri, and I will get back to you. But wait, there's more! For the duration of the time that you will be creating episode threads you will recieve special forum permissions, for example you will be able to stick threads, and much more.

So please help out with Event Horizon, ask your friends and family to sign up and help out too, this service will not be forgotten.

Owen Macri

Comment

As well, at Event Horizon, we have just added a Privacy Statement!

You can reach it in our Frequently Asked Questions section (FAQ) or in the information toolbar at the very bottom of the forum along with the "Contact Us" link. Or you may view it by clicking here!

Event Horizon Privacy Policy

Owen Macri
                        Last edited by _Owen_; 04 December 2005, 08:15 PM.

Comment

The website, where completed, is pretty slick. As somebody who is doing a general scifi forum, I'm actually kinda envious on that note.

However, given that it is essentially a redundant site to Gateworld which is uber-slick, don't you think this is probably not the best of recruitment pools?

Comment

Well thank you for the compliment, I am sure our web designer would help you if you would like a website, he is very good. As for the forum I am not familliar with Invision so I cannot help you with the customization, however if it is anything like vBulletin, you just have to get a hang of it.

Lol, yes I know that we are missing a lot of content however that is being worked on as we speak.

I am not sure, I guess that depends on the people we are recruiting. I am sure there are lots of people on GateWorld who wouldn't mind being involved in two Stargate sites, which are very similar. Obviously, Event Horizon cannot compare to GateWorld at the moment, but we are try to build up our forum and site. A host that didn't die every 6.5 seconds might be good too. lol

Owen Macri
                            Last edited by _Owen_; 21 October 2005, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Take a Test Drive!

Event Horizon has a new feature which allows unregistered and not logged in users to post in a special section called Test Drive! You will not have all of the functions that a registered member would and your posts must be checked by a moderator or administrator before they appear. This section is so that unregistered members can try out the forum see if they like the look and feel before signing up.

Click here to take a Test Drive now!

Owen Macri
                              Last edited by _Owen_; 04 December 2005, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X