This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate wormhole screensaver

Hey all, im the newest addition to this great union of SG-1 fans, and im glad to be apart of it all. I love stargate, new and old, and im sure that everyone here does just as much.

But i have a wish that hours of seaching has not satisfied, and i wish to ask the best and most well informed of where to get a download of a stargate sg-1 wormhole screensaver. I have looked and found only one that was close enough to what i wanted, but it was a simple loop of the same 5 second tunnel. And you could tell where it cut in and cut out....No offence if the person whom made it is reading this, but it even had the "sky" channel logo in the bottom right hand corner. IT WAS ALSO ATLANTIS WORMHOLE AND NOT SG1!!!!! I dont like that green wormhole much.....go the old blue one!!!!!

But anyways, there is alot of threads and posts in this forum, so much i would deem it impossible to find something so insignificant compared to disscussing plots, characters, and upcoming events in all of our favourate television show.

But does anyone know of a really good Stargate SG-1 wormhole screensaver? And if so can you posts it's current location so myself, and others that read this thread, can get it and enjoy.

I deeply apologize if this is a past thread, and you guys are all like "Meh stupid n00b, been here posted that..." But as i previously stated, i am the newest member since 5 mins ago and i am so desperate for this, if it exists, screensaver.

Thanks

Aussie Dave

sorry dude i haven't got one - but i will have look on web for ya - and everybody posts messages over again but who cares.
    i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

Just do a google. There are tons out there. I can't remember the site where I found mine. It's still a pretty simple one. It shows the Atlantis gate actually under water with some fish that swim by periodically, and the city in the background. I have other ones that are just slide shows; not very interesting after awhile....

Try: 'Stargate Screensavers' for the search.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I'd like to find one that would have the gate dial, then open the wormhole with the kawoosh, then have it like you go into the wormhole, then come out on random planets.

Comment

Yeah, if someone is a really good graphic artists DO THIS PLEASE!!!!!! FOR THE GOOD OF ALL STARGATE LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A simple watching the stargate dial, the puddle, walking through then just a continuous wormhole. Then, when you move the house to go back to the desktop, BAM there is a light at the end of the wormhole and it looks like you exit the wormhole to your desktop!!

NOW THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Man i wish i could do that stuff, but i am a n00b. Come on, if i could do it i would and post it here for the benefit of mankind

Comment

See this

http://www.pegasusgalaxy.com/downloads/screensaver.php
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Thanx, this 1 is great

Comment

your welcome
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

I have just dowloaded it - thanks.
                  i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I liked it. But it would be better if it didn't have the scifi logo on it.
                    This is my sugnature!
                    Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Thats the exact one i said i had......But thanks for letting everyone know.

Thats the best one i could find, and it still pretty ordinary. The logo, the loop start/finish.......not worth putting as my screensaver to be honest. It is the Pegasus wormhole too which isnt as good as the original one.....

Comment

its not to hard to make screensavers like that.

all you would really need the right program and the scene, and thats pretty much it. i could probably do it, using the stargate dvd for the wormhole and include the original audio (but the audio could sound weird because the whole thing starting and then ending.

the only real problem would be how the video looks ater its become a screensaver and any messages encoded on the screensaver (if you use a trail version)

sigpic

Comment

See what you can do.....I'm a novice in the visual effects and multimedia area myself......

So i make a challenge to the Stargate community, come forth and create!

People who can, pls do. Then share it with your Stargate brothers + sisters!!!!!

Comment

well it shouldn't take to long, i was bored so i made them a few days back but they didn't turn out as i expected (need to find a better way of saving the scene from the DVD) but its just an example that can be done in 10 minutes.

all i need to do is find a place to upload about 16mb. the short version is near 7mb and the longer version is over 9mb, they are that big because of the divx compression settings i used when segmenting the wormhole effect.

sigpic

Comment

upload to www.megaupload.com
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X