This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Real Stargate Program

Does anyone think that stargate sg-1 could be based on a real program. And maybe this show is trying to make us familliar with these sorts of things so if they go public, there wont be as much chaos. Why would there be chaos anyway? I think everyone would just be in awwww. Except maybe a few lunatics who try to loot stores but get arrested before they take any thing.

There was an actual Project Stargate run by the government in the early 50s. It involved using psychics to try and open mental wormholes to other worlds (and prefereably, Soviet installations). It only lasted a few months- my theory is that the psychics made funny gestures and creepy noises for a few weeks while doing this 'remote viewing' for some gullible Congressmen, and then got kicked out by any reasonable persons on the program.
    Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

There was an actual Project Stargate run by the government in the early 50s. It involved using psychics to try and open mental wormholes to other worlds (and prefereably, Soviet installations). It only lasted a few months- my theory is that the psychics made funny gestures and creepy noises for a few weeks while doing this 'remote viewing' for some gullible Congressmen, and then got kicked out by any reasonable persons on the program.

As for a real Stargate, it might explain a lot of stuff in the last half-century, such as the increased techonology development rate, the Internet, etc.
      Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

I dont mean that the name of the program would be stargate. Im just saying that stargate might be trying to get us familliar with the concept of aliens and interstellar travel.

Comment

lol stargate the series will be a lighter way to put it if they go public and probly the best propaganda they could have ever thought of to recrute ppl

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

It got me. If they came out and said the stargate was real, I would be happier then than I would be without the stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Quakerbone

As for a real Stargate, it might explain a lot of stuff in the last half-century, such as the increased techonology development rate, the Internet, etc.
              Here's the Wiki on the real project. It actually ran from the 70's until the mid nineties. Pretty interesting, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_stargate

-Chachi
              Hermiod: "Crap indeed!"

Comment

Stargate SG-1 is pure science fiction. That kind of technology is too way far beyond us. In fact, I don't think an actual Stargate is possible in our lifetime. I think I have read somewhere that wormholes are not travelable by human means.

As for the Stargate going public: No. Stargate should not be known to the public. Earth civilians as a whole are not ready for such huge leap in technology, and a risk of mass panic is too high.
                sigpic
                Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

i read the link but all i got was something about clairvoyance and seeing events in the past or future or whatever its very boring sorry but i wouldnt rule out the possibility of a secret program that may have had dealings with entities of other worlds or whaereever but it dosent concern me if it did come out that the sg was real i would probably be angry as the show would have to be cancelled imediately i i think.
                  i dont keep me up at night non the less.
                  For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

If there was a Stargate for real then Jack and Sam and Tea'lc and Daniel are real!!!

Comment

Why has Stargate been running for 9 years? Its had like 5 close calles. Think about it. 5 million people love the show. It's great for recuting, and it serves as a documentary. The real thing's probably a little different from the show, and its also preparing us for when the stargate got public.

Think about it, if it did. There would be updates on the news every night about what was happening at the SGC, and the SG teams would be americas heros!

*In the "real" stargate*

Dude: think about Chynnan Montain

Me: Ok

Dude: What do you see?

Me: A large ring

Dude describe the ring

Me: Ok, its about 25 ft tall, it has 9 triangles around the edges.

Dude: Anything else?

Me: Wait! Theres this ring on the inside, its spinning and the triangles are lighting up! There's this really big splash, and now a blue Liquid is filling it! Theres marie gards. All the lights have shut off! ET came though the ring!

Dude: ET???

Me: This gray thing about 3 ft tall. It's walking down a ramp!

*end of session*

lol.
                      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Have you SEEN Wormhole Xtreme?

Think of the 3 levels irony involved in that if the stargate program were really real.

I'm sure that there are secret government programs that have to do with outer space that we know nothing about. However, I seriously doubt that whatever is going on follows the technology described in Stargate SG1. There haven't been amazing technological breakthroughs hitting the consumer market that could possibly be attributed to alien technologies.

All of that being said, if SG1 WAS based on a real program, chances are the people in charge of it aren't nearly as lovable, trustworthy, and lucky as those portrayed in the series.
                        The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Well NASA was doing some programs about wormhole travel a couple of months ago.
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                            i read the link but all i got was something about clairvoyance and seeing events in the past or future or whatever its very boring sorry
                            Basically what the actual Project Stargate that the CIA ran did was to attempt to use psychics to predict what was happening in different parts of the globe through ESP. (The first part of the project was to determine who, if anyone possessed an ability for ESP). These “remote-viewers” as the CIA would call them accurately predicted crash sites for soviet bombers, as well as the specifications and look of new soviet submarines months before they were seen by satellites or on-the-ground spies. A 1995 estimate said that these remote-viewers were correct about 15% of the time. While this seems like a small percentage, imagine how much of an edge that is over having no information about the things they saw before hand, and imagine how improbable it would be for them to predict the events that they did.

-Chachi
                            Hermiod: "Crap indeed!"

Comment

If it truly were based on real events, I think the other PTB, would stop flushing money down NASA's tubes; or at least not so much. The comet deal over the weekend was a success that otherwise might not be able to be accomplished.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X