Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know. I doubt that anything even closely related to the Stargate series exists but I'm not ruling out the possibilty of aliens. Or even wormhole travel eventualy. But for now, we're not technologically advanced.
    Baal- Impedunce
    Jack- No, Tuna

Sam- Just because my repruductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can.

Rodney- I will TRY but despite what you all may think I am not superman
    Sheppard- Did anyone honestly think that?

Comment

Of course the Stargate exists! It is based out of Chyenne Mountain, under NORAD. The show is plausible deniability as well as first class entertainment. Everything about the show is real! Don't doubt it! I command you, believe in the Stargate!

Owen Macri

Comment

haha, I like this theory, here's mine, it's kinda similar:

The Stargate accually exists but they arn't planning to release it to the public offocially, instead they hired a big well known flim company (MGM) to produce this show. Now if anybody finds out about the Stargate Program, everybody will just say "oh, thats just a TV show, stupid", and no one will beleive him.
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Nice theory, I like that one too!

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
            Of course the Stargate exists! It is based out of Chyenne Mountain, under NORAD. The show is plausible deniability as well as first class entertainment. Everything about the show is real! Don't doubt it! I command you, believe in the Stargate!

Owen Macri
            Ever since I saw ID4, and the whole "cover up" of Area 51, the phrase "plausable deniability" has become a favorite of mine. And as Poe pointed out, the best place to hide something, is out in the open.
            On fighting:
            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Has anyone seen that History channel show about underground tunnels, buildings, et cetera? They had cheyenne mtn. on one episode of it once, and showed how the whole complex was situated on thousands of springs to disperse not only the movements of of the people inside, but also fault movements as well. Could you imagine the amount of movement created by something so simple as the activation of the stargate? They'd have to go in and replace springs after every activation. Not to mention the structrual damage from the complex knocking against the inside of the mtn.
              "We are Hathor. Kneel before your goddess!"

Comment

Originally posted by LadyHathor1117
                Has anyone seen that History channel show about underground tunnels, buildings, et cetera? They had cheyenne mtn. on one episode of it once, and showed how the whole complex was situated on thousands of springs to disperse not only the movements of of the people inside, but also fault movements as well. Could you imagine the amount of movement created by something so simple as the activation of the stargate? They'd have to go in and replace springs after every activation. Not to mention the structrual damage from the complex knocking against the inside of the mtn.
                It'd be the coolest trampoline ever though

Comment

Well is Stargate really existed then I doubt the Us government would blow away billions of dollars on Mars. Not to mention the blunders Nasa has made costing Billions.
                  As for stargate being invented. Looking back 20 to 30 years, If someone told people about things like Internet, Moon travel , Visits to mars. They would hav said the same. "Not in our lifetime". Anything could happen in the future.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UNRE4L
                    As for stargate being invented. Looking back 20 to 30 years, If someone told people about things like Internet, Moon travel , Visits to mars. They would hav said the same. "Not in our lifetime". Anything could happen in the future.

And adding onto that not long ago (compared to human existance), we thought the Earth was the center of the universe and it was flat.
                    sigpic
                    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

More like "Reel" Stargate Program
                      The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
                        More like "Reel" Stargate Program
                        Cute, but remember, "there are more things, dear Horatio, than are dreamed of in your philosophies"....or words to that effect.

As so many things that were considered "science fiction" just a few short years ago, and are now "science fact", I'll keep, and open, but someone skeptical mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Atteria
                          As so many things that were considered "science fiction" just a few short years ago, and are now "science fact", I'll keep, and open, but someone skeptical mind.
                          Ummmm....... could you list a few of them? By "few short years ago" I'm thinking you mean in the last 25 years. So, what was Sci-Fi in 1980 that is Sci-Fact now and please list the works of fiction in which they were written.

Thanks
                          The Characters from Bloom County were located to another world where they could live in Peace and avoid the wrath of Jeanne Kirkpatrick.

Here's a photo of Bill the Cat hanging out by the gate waiting for more partying supplies:

Comment

Ok. if the stargate was "real" then wouldn't you think something like what happened in "lost city" would occur on a regular basis. such as Communication stations, satellites and even cities and military installations would be attacked the Governments couldn't keep that bottled up. they can't even keep their Cover about roswell up. I don't want to discount the possibility of the stargate exsisting, I myself would love that more than anything in the world, but for the time being the only way we are to interact with other races/species in space is through NASA. good ole fashioned shuttles and probes.

Comment

LoL...this is a funny topic...Humans (if we don't kill ourselves first), will not be able to do anything remotely similar to a stargate for at least a thousand years or so. Even at our current technological pace, it will be a "very" long time. I don't see us roaming freely around our solar system within the next few hundreds years let alone master wormhole technology.

Comment

Working...
                              X