Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 345 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of Mind (222)

Default Re: Out of Mind (222)

how did she get a mothership... I though we (almost) killed her.

Chief Master Sergeant Asgard Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selmak
    how did she get a mothership... I though we (almost) killed her.
    Her love potion dust may not work on Goa'ulds but maybe she was still able to get what she needed from so loyal followers. Maybe some remaining supporters of Ra (her mate, right?) were still around and willing to help her.

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Selmak
    Were the people Jack caught talking Jaffa or Goa'uld?
    I think one was Gou'ald and one was Tok'ra.

This episode almost got away with being a clip show. I think it's the best concept SG-1 has had for a clip show and the only one in which the clips flow naturally from the story. The ending, with Hathor's threat of implantation, kept me hooked and eager to pick up the Season 3 box set. It's a great cliffhanger.
    END OF LINE

Chief Master Sergeant

One more thing. This episode marks the first appearances of the CGI Gou'ald (which looks a lot different than the pale colored ones we were used to seeing) and Danny's new, shorter haircut.
    END OF LINE

Wink Re: Out of Mind (222)

I gotta say, I just LOVE the way Jack looks in that white suit and jacket, with his graying hair a little tousled. And those are just the type of clothes I think Carter looks good in.

(Daniel looks good too... I think it must be the informal, tousled look that I like in the guys.)

Quote Originally Posted by jyh
    I gotta say, I just LOVE the way Jack looks in that white suit and jacket, with his graying hair a little tousled. And those are just the type of clothes I think Carter looks good in.

(Daniel looks good too... I think it must be the informal, tousled look that I like in the guys.)
    It was rather convenient that that the stolen clothes fit so well...

I'd like to know where Daniel got his clothes. He was naked and then he had clothes on. I guess they were conveniently nearby. Hey, I didn't mind him naked.

Jack looked good in white, too.

Lisa Michelle

Heart Re: Out of Mind (222)

Quote Originally Posted by rihannsu
    I can never get enough of Hathor, myself. I wish they would have toned down the clips part of the episode and focused more on advancing Hathor's rebellion against the System Lords.

More Hathor is always a good thing I loved this episode for the simple fact that it marked Hathor's return , and at the same time I despise it because it also marks her deletion as a character from the show.
    "....the sound became words. His words and yet not his words. His thoughts and yet not his thoughts. An announcement of triumph and an admission of defeat: I AM HERE"
    - Bentley Little, Dominion

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Quote Originally Posted by LMichelle
    I'd like to know where Daniel got his clothes. He was naked and then he had clothes on. I guess they were conveniently nearby. Hey, I didn't mind him naked.

Jack looked good in white, too.

Lisa Michelle
    Frankly, I want to know where Sam got a bra! And yes, Jack looked good in white.

I liked this episode a lot. It wasn't even that much of a clip show, in the grand sceme of things. If you want to see a truly horrible clip show, try Star Trek : The Next Generation's Season 2 Finale "Shades of Gray". Now that's a bad clip show.

I've got a wee question. Did anyone notice that when O'Neill remembered the Nox world, they changed what the Nox city looked like? When the city first decloaks it's the same one from "The Nox", but then for the remainder of the clip it's different looking. Does anyone know why they changed it for "Out of Mind"?
    MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Captain

This is one of my favourite episodes. And one of the best clip shows I've ever seen. This is an example of what a clip show can be. Rather than as an excuse for lazy writing ("Oh, it's a clip show, lets just bung a few clips together and shove some dialogue in to link them"). And I think it's a real shame that Stargate didn't carry on the tradition started with Out of Mind and do more inventive clip shows with the other seasons.

One thing that's always puzzled me has been where Hathor got her troops from. The implication in the episode is that she's been luring them in in small groups to her base and then enslaving them with her breath. But we are told in Hathor that that doesn't work on Jaffa.

I loved seeing the return of Hathor - like Osiris she was just so deliciously evil and had so much fun being evil too - and was disappointed that she was dealt with here. Would have like to see her in a few more episodes before they got rid of her.

There were so many great moments in this one, a real mixture of humour, exciting action, team moments...wonderful.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

One of my favourite episodes from season 2. Although it was a clip show, they went about it the right way so it was as enjoyable as a regular episode

Subtle goofs:

In "Out of Mind" the year was 2077. In "1969" (the previous episode) they arrived in back at the SGC in "the far future". Since the SGC looked kind of like it had been decomishioned it should have made them at the very least suspicious (even though no actual year was given in "1969" - but with technology -OR- a Tok'Ra it's very possible it could be around the same time).

When Jack is standing in the gate room the SG team that is about to leave is carrying 20th century weapons. One would assume that they would have been updated a bit.

When Carter awakes the General refers to her as doctor rather than captain.
    Lost Zinger of Atlantis: Excuse me! did you just say ass-chin?

As a clip show it wasn't bad because it had a really good plot line. Some gaps though such as Jack just willing giving up info so quickly. I wasn't suprised when Daniel did it but there is no way Jack would of done it.

Also like many of you have said it was a season finale so should of been alot better. I expect more from season finales and don't want to see a clip show right before the end. Do it like they did with S1 put the clip show right before the finale.

Earth Symbol Re: Out of Mind (222)

Quote Originally Posted by SmartFox
    As a clip show it wasn't bad because it had a really good plot line. Some gaps though such as Jack just willing giving up info so quickly. I wasn't suprised when Daniel did it but there is no way Jack would of done it.

Also like many of you have said it was a season finale so should of been alot better. I expect more from season finales and don't want to see a clip show right before the end. Do it like they did with S1 put the clip show right before the finale.
    I tell you that Jack was drugged!! I agree, Jack wouldn't give up info so easily.
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Zat Re: Out of Mind (222)

I love this episode. Well, mostly. I for one adore the femme fatale characters--there's so much plot-wise that can be explored there--and I was delighted when they brought Hathor back. Not quite so delighted that they axed her 40-odd minutes later, granted, but I'll take what I can get.

I'm glad there haven't been many clips episodes. I don't mind them, but they still tend to come across as a cheater way of getting through an episode--there's so much of a miscoception tha clips episodes are throwaways that it's hard to take a storyline seriously, no matter how good it actually is.

And for the record, RDA looked great in white.

First Lieutenant Hex.FTB.enabled's Avatar

I agree that clip shows shouldn't be season finales, but I liked this one anyway. The premise was very cool and had me hooked to see what was really going on. Very good set up for the season 3 opener, and I think it kinda helps if you think of both as 1 episode.
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

http://img102.echo.cx/img102/2473/kodama29vo7sm.gif http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ner2_copy6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
    I agree that clip shows shouldn't be season finales, but I liked this one anyway. The premise was very cool and had me hooked to see what was really going on. Very good set up for the season 3 opener, and I think it kinda helps if you think of both as 1 episode.
    They both basically are 1 ep. When ever any show has a cut off right in between eps i consider them 1 ep that is so long they have to be seperated. I'm so glad though that i got to see all the old eps on DVD that way i didn't have to wait a couple of months to see the conclusion.

hated it-stupid clip show. i dont usually mind sg1s clip shows but as a season finalle...thats just....mean!

Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    hated it-stupid clip show. i dont usually mind sg1s clip shows but as a season finalle...thats just....mean!
    See i didn't really consider this as a season finale. Just saw it on DVD and so it wasn't really a finale for me.