This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5P Challenges...

I don't know it anyone on here has ever taken part in one of these before but I used to love doing them in other fandoms I wrote in before Stargate Atlantis...

Basically a 5P challenge is a one-shot story where you have to include 5 'points' - a Person, a Place, a Prop, a Piece of clothing and a Position (clean up your mind now...)

For example...

Person - Sheppard
    Place - camping by a lake
    Prop - pencil
    Piece of clothing - woolly hat
    Position - crouching down

The more bizarre the better really...

If anyone would like to participate in the idea, just add some challenges below...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

That one sounds good...give me a bit.

Meanwhile, here's one for someone else...

Person: Zelenka
    Place: The Antarctica Site
    Prop: a can of Coke
    Piece of Clothing: Bermuda shorts
    Position: standing on a ladder

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
      I don't know it anyone on here has ever taken part in one of these before but I used to love doing them in other fandoms I wrote in before Stargate Atlantis...

Basically a 5P challenge is a one-shot story where you have to include 5 'points' - a Person, a Place, a Prop, a Piece of clothing and a Position (clean up your mind now...)

For example...

Person - Sheppard
      Place - camping by a lake
      Prop - pencil
      Piece of clothing - woolly hat
      Position - crouching down

The more bizarre the better really...

If anyone would like to participate in the idea, just add some challenges below...
      What the heck was he doing here crouching down to the ground with his hands tucked underneath him? And where was here, anyway? John had just been in Rodney’s lab, stealing his pencil to annoy the little genius then suddenly he was here with the pencil still in his hand, but with Rodney nowhere to be seen. He stared at the pencil and noted that it was a blue one, not the normal lead as everyone else used on Atlantis. Rodney just had to be different about everything; he had to stand out, unlike John.

John hadn’t asked to have the Ancient gene. He hadn’t asked to be sent into another galaxy where he could be the ranking military officer. The truth be know, what he wanted was total anonymity with a tent so that he could go camping by a lake. He’d just been thinking about that as Rodney had lunged after him for taking his prized possession, yelling that it was the only blue pencil left and that John had better not damage it.

As John rose to stand and scanned his new surroundings, he saw a tent much like the one he’d had as a child when he’d gone camping with his father. A noise came from inside it, putting him on even higher alert as he slowly inched to investigate. He glanced cautiously at the lake to his right; it seemed familiar, too. He’d been here before, but that wasn’t possible, for it had been years ago and light years away from Atlantis. Again, the noise came from the tent and John paused, staring at the flap as it blew open.

Suddenly, from inside sprang a black and white border collie with a blue wooly hat in its mouth. It charged at John, stopping just in front of him and dropped the hat at his feet before gazing up with tail wagging and tongue sticking out…an adorable smile on his face.

“Scruffy?” John whispered.

The dog barked in response and lunged forward to lick John’s face as he crouched down to be at eye level with the creature. It was his Scruffy, his pet from when he’d been a small boy of only nine. John had loved that dog and they’d had a good life together until one morning Scruffy hadn’t woken up. He’d died in his sleep at a good old age, just peacefully slipping off into the doggie netherworld. It had been a perfect death; one that John hoped for himself when the time came.

“What are you doing here?” John asked then realized how silly it was to be speaking to an optical illusion. He rubbed Scruffy’s ear once more then he rose to his feet, taking the hat in hand to examine it. It was from the Antarctica site? This was getting weirder by the moment.

“Hello? Who’s causing this? Show yourself,” John demanded and stepped back as Scruffy changed in form from a dog to a young man about 5’10” with blonde hair and blue eyes.

“I mean you no harm.”

“Good…that’s good,” John said and gave him a quick once over. “Who are you and why have you brought me here?”

“My name is Dolso. We are here because it is where you wanted to be.”

“Dolso,” John whispered and began to think of a way to get back to where he belonged.

“You wish to return now?”

“You can read my thoughts?”

“We are in your thoughts.”

“So, I’m still in Atlantis.”

“Your body is, yes. I was attempting to communicate with your people, but they could not perceive me…until I found you. Your mind allows for us to interact in this manner.”

“Ah,” John said with a nod and pursed his lips. “I should let the others know that I’m all right then we can talk, okay?”

“That would be most agreeable. I believe our peoples can learn much from each other.”

“Right,” John sighed. “So, let me go.”

“I cannot. You must leave on your own.”

“How?”

“You know,” Dolso said and changed back into Scruffy.

John stared after him for a long moment, wondering what to do. He didn’t sense any threat from Dolso, and somehow knew that he was free to go, but yet he remained, unsure of how to get back. He returned to spot where he’d arrived and crouched down as before and closed his eyes. He focused on Rodney and the lab then he opened his eyes and saw the lake still before him. Damn.

He gazed over to the tent and was about to approach it when he realized the wooly hat was still in his hand along with the pencil. Dolso had brought it to him. It was his way out. He thought back to how he’d flipped a coin to decide if he would join the Atlantis Expedition; how he’d never truly embraced the opportunity to go and explore, but had let fate toss him about as a ship on a stormy sea. He’d been retreating to this place, this camping trip regularly, not allowing himself to be fully drawn in by the mystery that was Atlantis. Now, the only way to return would be with open arms.

John donned the hat as he closed his eyes and suddenly he could hear Rodney’s voice as he continued to yell for his beloved pencil. He was back with his family, in his new home.

Comment

Working...
      X