This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standing Orders (how to defend Earth)

As we all know, the primary mission of the SGC is to obtain technology to defend Earth from the Goa'Uld and other threats. The series has shown hundreds of different options, as well as new technology. However, I would just like to see how many new systems can be dreamed up, and implemented by those who freqent this site.

In other words, try to see who has the best idea on how to defend Earth using the technology in SG-1 Seasons 1-8 and SGA First Season. Feel free to poke holes in any theories that don't work- use logic.

Some possible ideas:

F-302 Hyperspace squadrons (Carrying out raids against the Goa'Uld to prevent assaults)

Tollan Defense Cannons (Over 60 gun emplacements across the surface of Earth)

Good Old Ancient Outpost (Keep Jack down there as long as we can, and plug in the MK II Nq reactor)
    Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Ok, there is a field in the center of the Earth, it contains a phase shifted region, so in the center of the Earth there is a big phase shifted spherical region, within this region, Zero Point Energy is drawn, the energy is routed through the phasal barrier into generators in our phase. These generators power a far more massive field, this field is a forcefield which uses my redundant powering idea, it also phase shifts the Earth, well, technically they are two separate fields, the forcefield is on the inside, while the phase shifting field is located just above it, and above the phase shifting field there is another forcefield.

The lowest forcefield is not a forcefield, as we know them, it actually uses the technology that the Stargate uses to dematerialize matter, so the ships would fire upon the real forcefield, of course it would never fail because it uses redundant shielding technology, so, when we feel that it is time for them to die, we drop the force field. Sorry, I forgot to mention the phase shifting field just shifts Earth out and leaves it there, nothing else can be shifted out. We drop the forcefield, the ships have two options, they:

A) Fire upon Earth from orbit, in this case we create a holographic image of the Earth, so it apears they are hitting us.

B) They will eventually attempt to enter Earths' atmosphere, when they do they will be dematerialized.

This trick of course would only work once, however it is not the main focus of my idea. The important part was the phase shifting, as long as we are out of thier phase they can't touch us. The field could also be on a rotating modulation if you like, then we would constantly be shifting phases.

I also have another idea, well I have lots of ideas, but I will post some more later.

We can project a time dialation field from the moon, posibly bounce it off of satelites if we need to, at the ships, they would all slow down until very nearly a stand-still. Then a phasing field can be projected around them, then we launch antimatter into the phasing field, at the ships, and blow them all to hell, if the ships shields are up, we simply wait until the antimatter crosses the shields before we phase it into thier phase, then the antimatter will destroy them and the resulting explosion wouldn't harm us becuase they would be to far away from out phase.

We can also reconfigure Asgard teleportation technology, so we dematerialize them, but don't rematerialize them, there energy can be released into space.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
      Ok, there is a field in the center of the Earth, it contains a phase shifted region,
      ...What?

so in the center of the Earth there is a big phase shifted spherical region, within this region, Zero Point Energy is drawn, the energy is routed through the phasal barrier into generators in our phase.
      ...What?

These generators power a far more massive field, this field is a forcefield which uses my redundant powering idea, it also phase shifts the Earth, well, technically they are two separate fields, the forcefield is on the inside, while the phase shifting field is located just above it, and above the phase shifting field there is another forcefield.
      ...What?

The lowest forcefield is not a forcefield, as we know them, it actually uses the technology that the Stargate uses to dematerialize matter, so the ships would fire upon the real forcefield, of course it would never fail because it uses redundant shielding technology, so, when we feel that it is time for them to die, we drop the force field. Sorry, I forgot to mention the phase shifting field just shifts Earth out and leaves it there, nothing else can be shifted out. We drop the forcefield, the ships have two options, they:

A) Fire upon Earth from orbit, in this case we create a holographic image of the Earth, so it apears they are hitting us.

B) They will eventually attempt to enter Earths' atmosphere, when they do they will be dematerialized.
      Does the concept of 'Conservation of Energy' mean anything to you?

This trick of course would only work once, however it is not the main focus of my idea. The important part was the phase shifting, as long as we are out of thier phase they can't touch us. The field could also be on a rotating modulation if you like, then we would constantly be shifting phases.
      ....Seriously...are you just using a technobabble generator webpage? Because send me the link, it would make a great joke!

I also have another idea, well I have lots of ideas, but I will post some more later.

We can project a time dialation field from the moon, posibly bounce it off of satelites if we need to, at the ships, they would all slow down until very nearly a stand-still.
      You ARE kidding, yes?

Then a phasing field can be projected around them, then we launch antimatter into the phasing field, at the ships, and blow them all to hell, if the ships shields are up, we simply wait until the antimatter crosses the shields before we phase it into thier phase, then the antimatter will destroy them and the resulting explosion wouldn't harm us becuase they would be to far away from out phase.
      You know, I have a horrible fealing you are NOT kidding...

We can also reconfigure Asgard teleportation technology, so we dematerialize them, but don't rematerialize them, there energy can be released into space.

Owen Macri
      Seriously. Don't do this again. PLEASE!
      --
      The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

A multilayered defense work with an extensive intelligence and early warning system. Screw the tech, it's the tactics and logistics that matter.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
        - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

In response to all the "Whats?" I am not sure how to explain it any simpler.

Does the concept of 'Conservation of Energy' mean anything to you?
          The Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy states that the total amount of matter and energy in the universe will remain constant. Matter and energy are converted back and forth all of the time, if matter could not be converted into energy, we would be dead. The suns heat comes from a nuclear reaction, a nuclear reaction converts matter into energy, allthough only a small fraction of the matter that enters the sun is converted into energy, it is still enough to heat the Earth from 90 million miles away. The Conservation of Energy does not prevent this, the Conservation of Energy was linked with the Conservation of Mass, by Einstein with E=MC2. Matter is easily converted into energy, the laws do not prevent it.

....Seriously...are you just using a technobabble generator webpage? Because send me the link, it would make a great joke!
          No, I don't think one exists, the information is just coming from my head. It is only technobabble if you don't understand it, and I beg your pardon, but this is the Science and Tech Forum.

You ARE kidding, yes?
          Nope, not kidding.

You know, I have a horrible fealing you are NOT kidding...
          Your horibble feeling is right.

Seriously. Don't do this again. PLEASE!
          Don't do what again?

I was just replying to the thread.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Panther
            A multilayered defense work with an extensive intelligence and early warning system. Screw the tech, it's the tactics and logistics that matter.
            Ya, bows and arrows will kill them any day! lol

I like the tech...

Owen Macri

Comment

I'm a great fan of the 'uploading virus' into the enemy ship's mainframes and disabling them,' idea. Its a bit like Avenger, but the only real way it could go wrong is if it didn't work. If the virus' were made clever enough, with an MI system, they could find weaknesses in the systems on their own, even if we'd never encountered the baddie before (provided that he uses a binary-based digital computer).
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

That is a good idea, simple and likley to work. However, while you are at it, you could upload a program that could reconfigure the ships transporters to materialize antimatter, BOOM!

Or you could have the program meterialize a billion replicators, under our control of course, all with self distruc mechanisms and vulnerable to an EMP, just incase anything goes wrong. Then we would have a ship with minimal damage.

Instead of an overly complex virus, just stick Windows Service Pack 2 on it. I hate that damn thing.

Owen Macri

Comment

Hehehehe...

I remember a TNG parody where they upload Windoze 95 to the Borg Collective.
                  [email protected]
                  http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                  One nation under dog
                  There of which I stand alone
                  A face in the crowd
                  Unsung, against the mold
                  Without a doubt
                  Singled out
                  The only way I know

Comment

Lol, that sounds funny. I am assuming it was based on the episode with Hugh, the individual Borg. When they develop a program to upload into the collective that will destroy them, and then Picard struggles with issues of morality. It sounds funny, I like parodies, of anything, they always seem to be funny, even if they are so incredibly stupid that your IQ goes down ten points while watching them, those are the best kind! lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

ok couple of ideas
                      *moon based rail gun support batteries
                      *create an artificial asteriod belt around earth thats far enough away so it doent interfere wigth anything like satalite etc but mean any massive ship wont get through and fighter will have a job dodging thousands of rocks
                      *get the hebridens to give us some of those attack drones used in space race as a test, upgrade them if needed/make them bigger; combine them with a small shield and the replicator disruptor satalites and we have a nice little defence network set up.
                      *use small scale net shield generators, and then create loads of small satalites that can move the shield to protect important areas/ join multiples of them together and have one giant shield.
                      *create the 'absolute power' things and upgrade them with shields and RDS
                      *Use ion cannons upgraded by the asgard and other to penetrate goauld shield, they can still take out anything else thats not goauld.
                      *create a massive fleet of BC-303 daedalus's under protection from the above (all of them) and rule the galaxy with justice and peace, but whilst getting all the natural resouces and weapon and technolgy of use to incorporate in to our own, now fastly superior fleet.

my 2pence
                      immhotep
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Why not hide Earth itself? (This is going to need a LOT of help from the Asgard)

Rig up a hyperspace field large enough to encompass the entire solar system, including the sun. Move the system across the galaxy, to the middle of deep space. Just so long as it has a satisfactory (and secret) gate address, our safety from space attack would be all but guarunteed.
                        Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

or just project the image of an empty solar system, until the ship collide in to the moon! also extra flaw in your plan where doe the system we drag ours to go? u cant move solar systems, u might be able to tow earth itself but not without massive explosure, the asgard have huge ships, a dozen could pull it off and project our old night sky etc to hide the change but satalites, and thing like hubble would be lost, unless they were dragged aswell...............Basicly its an ok plan but the logistics of it are not worth it. better plan is to get 3 ZPM's fire up the engines of atlantis, fly it earth and then any attack would have to deal with us, the asgard, the FJN' fleets, the ancient outpost and the greatest city ever built in the known universe by the most advacned race ever to live and fully powered, it could either be our flagship ( and what a ship it would be), or on earth as our capital of a new world.......carried away again didnt i!
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

I don't like the asteroid belt idea, it wouldn't work. Space ships can travel in three dimensions, they can just fly over it. Or they could just make a quick jump into hyperspace.

Owen Macri

Comment

Or they could use the belt , to attack earth directly with the asteroids

Comment

Working...
                              X