This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goa'uld as allies?

Do you think that the Goa'uld (or maybe a few system lords) might eventually sign a treaty with the Tauri, Rebel Jaffa, Tok'ra, Asgard...etc... and even become allied with the peaceful races?.

I thought they might take the story in that kind of direction with Replicators entering our galaxy and us having control over an ancient weapon that easily destroyed Anubis' fleet. The Replicators were an enemy that even the Goa'uld could'nt contain let alone destroy and the Ancient weapon seems infallable to any Goa'uld technology. I thought Yu and even Baal might have been the first to sign a treaty with us, but events in season 8 blew that theory out the window.

Maybe the Ori will turn out to be so damn evil and hard to destroy that an alliance might be born. Or maybe when the Wraith finally get to our galaxy and start destroying Goa'uld system lords like they were nothing, then the Goa'uld might see that joining forces with Tauri alliance is there only hope. Who knows maybe we won't want to accept them as allies? (doubtful, us Tauri pretty much accept anyone if they play nice.)
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

There could be an alliance but it would be a shaky one and definitely a dangerous one and would only happen at last resorts if we couldn't do without them. After all, the goa'uld can't change what they are. Evil is written into their genes. At first opportunity they'd try to get control. Chances are, we might just let the Orii have them.

It could be an interesting turn of events though.

We don't need the Wraith in the milkyway. The bad guys we've got are plenty. And there is no shortage of death traps without life-sucking aliens from another galaxy.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
      There could be an alliance but it would be a shaky one and definitely a dangerous one and would only happen at last resorts if we couldn't do without them. After all, the goa'uld can't change what they are. Evil is written into their genes. At first opportunity they'd try to get control. Chances are, we might just let the Orii have them.

It could be an interesting turn of events though.

I agree with your premise Marsh!. If it happened, it would probably be as last resort for the Goa'uld if they were facing extinction.

System Lords like Yu, and Baal to a certain degree, show that some Goa'ulds can think outside the box when they need to.

It definetly would make for an interesting "turn of events"!.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I don't think the goa'uld can be trusted... even their own alliance (aka the system lords) is shaky, each system lord looking for an opportunity to get rid of another.

I agree with MarshAngel, it would only happy at last resorts. However, as soon as the alliance would have gotten rid of the menace, there is no doubt that the goa'uld would turn against the Tau'ri and break the alliance... damn snakeheads

However, I'd love to see an alliance between the Tau'ri and Ba'al, that would definitly be fun

Comment

Well as we saw in New Order, when their own lives are on the line they will capitulate to most anything, but as we also saw, they cannot be trusted. At best, only a temporary alliance could be at all possible. IMHO, naturally.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The goauld arnt even worth becoming allied with, why be friend with them when the tokra are just as smart, the asgard are helping us go over thier head, were best friend with the two most influential leaders of the FJN ( owners of the goauld fleet) and are in possesion of one of the greatest ancient weapons in creation and thier greatest city!
            Baal is on earth anyway and subject to our laws so hes going to be part of our world/ way of life weather he likes it or not. Yu is dead replicarter stabbed him as well as all the other goauld.
            We have the best ships in the galaxy after the Asgard now, we dont have alot of them but there still more advanced than the hataks.
            The Asgard are helping us on all thing science and were set to become the greatest new power in the galaxy for a millenia.
            my question is: why do we need the goauld in the first place when they are for all intentive purposes powerless?
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

They're useless on a grand scale but they do have technology or at least the knowledge of them. We might not need their power as system lords but their thousands of years of knowledge could help a lot.

On another note, Earth would be a great place for Goa'uld as heads of corporations. If they can hold off on the violence and attempts to control the world and enslave (yes thats asking a lot) they could do really well in a capitalist economy ;-)

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I really don't think the Goa'uld will have much of a choice to join some sort of alliance. It will all depend on how far TPTB will bring the Orii into the galaxy. If the Orii come, the Goa'uld are screwed and really don't have a choice in the matter as does all the other races: Nox, Asgard ect...No one is safe lol

Comment

I currently have a fan fic set in the works which is set in the future and the Galaxy is at peace only porblem theres an alliance with 4 species and i need more the Goa'uld would make it interesting

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                    I really don't think the Goa'uld will have much of a choice to join some sort of alliance. It will all depend on how far TPTB will bring the Orii into the galaxy. If the Orii come, the Goa'uld are screwed and really don't have a choice in the matter as does all the other races: Nox, Asgard ect...No one is safe lol

I agree Gateman!, they might have to align themselves with us because of necessity not because they choose too.

As far as why would we want the Goa'uld as a freind instead of foe Immop, I was'nt even thinking we would do that because of the Goa'uld technology we could gain, I was thinking we would want some kind of pact of non-violence with the Goa'uld simply so that we don't have to continue to fight against them and keep losing good people. Not to mention all the Jaffa rebels that could be saved.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

the gould cannot be trusted..especialy not a crazy one

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

Comment

I don't think an alliance could be reached...mainly because our current allies would not accept it. The Tok'ra and the Free Jaffa loathe the Goa'uld perhaps even more than we do. If we tried to form something with the Goa'uld they might abandon us.
                        ~I've got a little fron-ache.

Comment

What if another Goa'uld queen is born with the same disdain for the Goa'uld? That would be cool.

Ba'al has aided us, so has Yu on a number of occasions. Camulus, well, he shouldn't even be considered.

Comment

Great topic idea!

I for one would welcome the sort of complication of "untrustworthy" allies such as the Goa'uld. Consider that Joe Stalin was at first allied with the Axis and later the Allies in WWII, and then against those same allies in the Cold War. Politics makes strange bedfellows!

Comment

Originally posted by babaganoosh
                              Camulus, well, he shouldn't even be considered.
                              What ever happened to good ol' Camulus. I think there was an opportunity missed by the writers for some good story lines...
                              ~I've got a little fron-ache.

Comment

Working...
                              X