This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HALO Movie Discussion Thread

I find this very interesting, and am cautiosly excited. Microsoft hired a screen writer to pen a script for a movie based on Halo, which they then presented to studios in Hollywood.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=31144

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8172311/

Reportedly, Fox and Universal are teaming up to buy the rights, though M$ will retain some creative control on the film.

So who should star and direct? (The guys at Bungie have stated that they wanted Ridley Scott, who did Alien, to do a movie adaptation of Halo.) They have to get the same woman to play Cortana, if you aske me.

a time to mourn

well if M$ maintains any sort of control....the movie will suffer many production delay, go thru a couple different production teams and we'll need to download a bunch of free vid clips after seeing the movie just to make sense of it....
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

A movie about HALO wayyyyyyyy cool but is that actor going to play the master chief?? I hope soooo would be sooooo awsome
      Lord Zedd

Comment

wow, good thing i did a search before i submitted a thread about the halo movie

any way i heard the same thing on attack of the show (i think its A of the s at least) that microsoft is pitching it it to various studios. as for the guy who plays master chief, i think they should just get a big and tall, maybe not so well known actor for his role. why spend millions for a big name actor when youll never see him. hopfully they wont pull a metroid where they reveal the identy. hopefully this movie wont flop like mario did or tomb raider and resident evil(depending on your point of view)
        anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

o god, please let this movie not be made. i cant imagine how this could be anything other then a ridiculous guns blazing gorefest. and what about master chief, we will never see the actors face, kind of defeatng the purpose of using a big named actor.

Comment

Originally posted by defina91rvc
            o god, please let this movie not be made. i cant imagine how this could be anything other then a ridiculous guns blazing gorefest. and what about master chief, we will never see the actors face, kind of defeatng the purpose of using a big named actor.
            Nobody ever saw Darth Vaders face and those movies turned out ok... I'm talking about the original not the newest ones.

It wouldn't have to be a big named actor, just some stunt guy in the suit and a voice actor. Albeit, he'd have to be pretty good. I personally would go with Michael Ironsides... Excellent voice actor!!

He's just got that ruff exterior voice that would be perfect for Master Chief

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I guess that would be pretty cool. I still think it's better to fight than watch, though, don't you think?

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

Well, if the writers think we'll never see his face, i guess it's about time we actually see the Master Chief's face.

Heck. In Halo 2, he does take the helmet off, but we don't see his face. Maybe he'll do in in Halo 3.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                My deviantART profile

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralJackO'Neill
                  Well, if the writers think we'll never see his face, i guess it's about time we actually see the Master Chief's face.

Heck. In Halo 2, he does take the helmet off, but we don't see his face. Maybe he'll do in in Halo 3.
                  Really? When did he take off his helmet in #2?

Comment

Very beginning. When he's with the guy refitting his suit. Then that sergeat guy comes and picks him up to go to the 'bridge' to receive honors from an admiral.

Jack: Is mental illness contagious?
                    Daniel: This has been disturbing on many levels.
                    "Trandoshan eliminated...with extreme prejudice." - Scorch RC-1262
                    My deviantART profile

Comment

Oh yeah. Didn't go through that first level too much (yet I've already played through half of the checkpoints in that level about 20 times each on Legendary....stupid elite!)

Comment

I was thinking earlier on and it struck me, what is the Halo film going to be based on? The obvious option would be the original and if succesful make an obligatory sequel and possibel trilogy. ala AvP but without the succesful first part

The film does have unbelievable potential if done right and not some half assed action film. Also, who do you see as being the Master Chief?? Given we haven't seen his face, it could be anyone but i see him as sort of a bald mid-30's guy. Like Bruce Willis, but younger and less hair.

Thoughts?

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

I figure it will be about the whole Halo story. Bunch of religous fanatic aliens trying to destroy humanity.... sounds familiar.
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

we won't see MC's face, true coolness is faceless. I wanna know if we'll get to hear Cortana's voice like in the game, OH! What if Cortana is the narrator! And will she be an actress or CG?

Comment

I think the best movie they could make is when the Covent attack on Reach that movie would be intense
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X