This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Season 1 Episode

Could a lovely mod please make this into a poll?

+ 33
    + Water
    + Bastille Day
    + Act of Contrition
    + You Can't Go Home Again
    + Litmus
    + Six Degrees of Separation
    + Flesh and Bone
    + Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down
    + The Hand of God
    + Colonial Day
    + Kobol's Last Gleaming 1
    + Kobol's Last Gleaming 2

My choice:

KLG 1. The montage/teaser prior to the credits is the best I've ever seen, brilliantly written, directed, and acted. I love the music, the lack of words, the ambiquity. The rest of the episode is a nice follow-up with several revelations, major plot events, and incredible Lee/Kara angst. Everyone's confused, tormented, and upset, but beautifully so.

Honourable mention: You Can't Go Home Again, most of all because Kara is so frakkin' cool for saving herself and figuring out how to fly a Cylon raider.
    17.86%
    Water
    0.00%
    Bastille Day
    0.00%
    Act of Contrition
    7.14%
    You Can't Go Home Again
    14.29%
    Litmus
    0.00%
    Six Degrees of Separation
    7.14%
    Flesh and Bone
    3.57%
    Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down
    7.14%
    The Hand of God
    17.86%
    Colonial Day
    10.71%
    Kobol's Last Gleaming pt I
    3.57%
    Kobol's Last Gleaming pt II
    10.71%

SDoS or Colonial day
    Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

33 !

For me this is THE EPISODE, no other first episode show hook me up like 33
      the story line, suspense, emotion, reaction & acting are great.

KBL also great but that's a season finale, it's expected to be great and while it is great, it's no surprise (IMHO)
      sigpic
      sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Originally posted by L-JADE
        33 !

For me this is THE EPISODE, no other first episode show hook me up like 33
        the story line, suspense, emotion, reaction & acting are great.
        I agree, 33 is an incredible episode.

Comment

Hmmm, I wouldn’t know where to start. I thought the whole season was very high quality and the best thing I’ve seen on TV in years. It would actually be easier for me to tell you which episodes I didn’t enjoy as much as the rest. Those would be "Bastille Day", "Litmus", and "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down".

I guess I would have to go with "Kobol’s Last Gleaming, Part 1 & 2". Sorry I have to say both because you can’t have one without the other. Yeah, I know it’s a copout to pick those, but it had great characterization for all the major players. It’s too hard to pick between the others because I’d practically have to name them all.

I guess my honorable mention would have to be “Act of Contrition” and “You Can’t Go Home Again”. Again you can’t have one without the other. The relationship between Adama and Kara and Lee and his father are my favorite character relationships/interactions on the show. “AoC” had that great scene between Kara and Adama when she finally told him the truth about Zak. I almost forget those two were actors. The acting and writing was that good, imo. Then in “YCGHA”, I loved this scene between Adama and Lee and then the reaction on Lee’s face to his father’s answer to his question.

Lee: I need to know something: why did you do this? Why did we do this? Is it for Kara? For Zak? For what?
          Adama: Kara was family. You do whatever you have to do. Sometimes you break the rules.
          Lee: And if it was me down there instead?
          Adama: You don't have to ask that.
          Lee: Are you sure?
          Adama: If it were you... we'd never leave.

Their strained relationship is one of the many facets of the show that I love. Come to think of it, I don’t think there is a facet of the show that I don’t like. Yes, I’m a hopeless fangirl at the moment. So sue me.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Agreed on everything...nice write up. I like AoC alot as well. And those 3 were also my least favourite eps (especially Litmus, Sargent Hadrian annoyed the frak out of me).

I don't think it's a copout to pick KLG. Yeah, finales are always a bit more high budget, but it isn't the high budget that makes KLG so good (although it's part of it). It's the writing/directing/acting.

Adam/Kara/Lee are also my fave interactions and characters as well. There is a lot of complexity and depth there.

Comment

Poll's up. Get back in here and vote, everybody

Madeleine

Comment

well i was the first to actually hit the poll...

i went with AoC...

for me that ep really solidified all the dynamics tween Adama, Lee and Kara...i knew what was comming as it had been exposed already, but still it was dramatic and somewhat painful to get thru the episode.
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I would have to say Tigh me up,Tigh me down or Flesh and Bone. Flesh and Bone really describes how they treat the cylons and I think that Tighs wife is an interesting character.

Comment

hard choice..

Colonial Day won.... cuz.. of uh... um... wet LEE, SHIRTLESS LEE oh yes and uhm.. yea LEE in nothin' bet a towel, that i love the flirtin' between LEE and KARA

although i do love AoC, You Can't Go Home Again, along with Hand of God (gotta love seein' lee flyin' a viper.)

gods theres lots of choices.... KLG is up there as well
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought Colonial Day was really quite interesting. It was different, so it got my vote.
                      The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                      Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                      My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                      Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

33 hooked me, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                          I thought Colonial Day was really quite interesting. It was different, so it got my vote.
                          Tastes can be VERY different... I almost turned that episode off!

I enjoyed "The Hand of God' the most.

Comment

Afraid I made the obvious choice with "Kobol's Last Gleaming II." That whole two-parter just blew me away. They were hitting on all cylinders with the story, the effects, the character interactions and the shocking twist at the end. A few niggles but overall I thought it was the best scifi episode I've seen in years.

Honorable mention to "33" , "You Can't Go Home Again" and "Hand of God"

"33" hooked me and established the mood of the series for the first season - dark and gritty. A scramble to survive. "You Can't Go Home Again' made me love Kara and I haven't enjoyed a female character on a scifi show so much since Aeryn on Farsacpe. "Hand of God" was also extremely well-done. Heck I even liked "Colonial Day" - kind of enjoyed the political machinations.

The only episodes that I came close to turning off were "Bastille Day" and "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down". Bastille Day just kind of bored me and the best thing about "Tigh Me Up" was the clever title.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Hand of God got my vote!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X