No announcement yet.

Serpent's Song (218)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of people its brought back: Sha're, Daniel, Klorel, Jack, Apophis, and probably more that I can't remember right now.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

yeah but you can't use it too often or otherwhise you get hooked just like the Goa'uld.Think Daniel got hooked on the sarcofugus one time.I forgot the episode it was in. ***thinking *** I'll look it up by tonight
      Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
        yeah but you can't use it too often or otherwhise you get hooked just like the Goa'uld.Think Daniel got hooked on the sarcofugus one time.I forgot the episode it was in. ***thinking *** I'll look it up by tonight

"Need"
        episode 205

Comment

I was a little surprised actually that Apophis didn't go even crazier then he did considering what the sarcophogus did to Daniel. And he was only exposed for a week or so. Apophis used it for several thousand years. Definitely surprised he didn't go crazier.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Could he get much crazier?

Skip it. Don't want to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
              I was a little surprised actually that Apophis didn't go even crazier then he did considering what the sarcophogus did to Daniel. And he was only exposed for a week or so. Apophis used it for several thousand years. Definitely surprised he didn't go crazier.
              I think one of the reasons Daniel went nuts so fast is that he was healthy when he used it and near constant use. Apophis and the other system lords
              probably only use when their injured or suffering from the effects of old age.

Also you have to take into account that it would probably have a different effect on a symbiote than on a human alone (remember how much more the goa'uld device in "The Light" affected humans than Goa'uld).

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Golf 1
                I liked seeing the thousands-of-years-old host coming through and the look on his face when he cried for help and saw all of the computers and machinery. Im not sure how to spell it, but Im talking about when he cried out "Semiwe! Semiwe!" That is the word for 'help me!', but im certain its not spelled right
                I felt really sad for that host after all that he still goes through more pain
                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                  I think that was the first time they did that (the only other time I remember them doing that was in "2001", but it wasn't nearly as cool).

Anyway, I just re-watched this episode tonight, and I still like it. Although, I have to ask, how come none of the other Goa'ulds came up with that thing Sokar used to penetrate the Iris?

Another question, who do you think has the more personal hatred for Apophis? Teal'c, for his years of service doing so many hateful and distasteful things in service to him, or Daniel, for taking his wife, making her a host, and violating her and fathering a child?
                  It's hard to judge who'd have more hatred. Though I lean a tad more toward Teal'c because Teal'c still chose to be his First Prime and that would seem to me to deepen the hatred whereas Daniel didn't chose to have Sha're taken.
                  Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                  My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                    I really liked this one as well. Although I kept thinking, why couldn't Apophis' body have a little accident on it's way to meet Sokar? "Oops! His head came off, darn."
                    LOL!! Although those darn sarcs probably mend decapitations the same way they mend torn clothes and fix up people’s hair!

I liked this episode too. No matter how much you love to hate Apophis, the fate of the host would make you empathetic. ‘Course it begs the question, does the soul of the host come back too when back in the sarc? Makes you feel even worse for the host knowing he'd reawaken to find the nightmare had started all over again!
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

I did like Jack's idea - "I say we beat whatever information we can out of old snake boy, open that Gate, and toss him back to the sharks." At least until Sam reminded him the host still survived and had rights too.

And it was great to see Teal'c tell A. that the Jaffa would take the immature symbiotes and use them until maturity then discard/kill them just to repeat the cycle with more symbiotes. (T: "We will use your kind as you have used mine.") A. was none too happy to hear that!

Comment

At first i was happy for what happend to apophis but then when daniel said "thousands of years traped in your own body, it's a nightmare, it's unimaginable." I felt sorry for the host. it kind of makes you think how lucky the tauri that don't have a ghould are. it makes you think that you would never would want to go throught that ever. when sam remind it jack that the host was an inocent human being i felt sorry for the host but the goa'uld is very much guilty and deserved what happend to him.

Comment

Yea i felt sad for the host too. But the more i felt sorry for the host the more i rebelled at feeling sorry because of Apophis. I remember seeing this ep earlier and it being much later. I'm watching the DVD's to get all the eps i missed and this one seems so much earlier. It doesn't seem to me that Apophis is defeated and loses power so early on in the series.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                            It's hard to judge who'd have more hatred. Though I lean a tad more toward Teal'c because Teal'c still chose to be his First Prime and that would seem to me to deepen the hatred whereas Daniel didn't chose to have Sha're taken.
                            This was a very good emotional episode - i loved the contrast between Jack and Daniel's hatred for Apophis, and then horror at realising what the host had been through. I think Teal'c probably hated apophis more- he actually seemed happy that apophis was dying, and asked dr frasier to let him suffer. Daniel definately hated him too, which is unusual for daniel- he's perhaps the most forgiving person possible. I read an excellent fanfiction based on this episode (part of the points in time series).

McKay: In military parlance surprise... is an element on our side.

Comment

I say Teal'c hated him more. And I like at the begining in the brefing room where Teal'c is almost grinning at the thought of A dying.
                              This is my sugnature!
                              Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Teal'c's a bit more vicious than Danny. He's had to put up with the guy for 80+ (can't remember the exact #) years!

Comment

Working...
                                X