Page 1 of 10 1 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serpent's Song (218)

Site Admin

Stargate Serpent's Song (218)

Visit the Episode GuideDISCUSS ...
    SERPENT'S SONG
    EPISODE NUMBER - 218

Apophis, SG-1's greatest enemy, seeks sanctuary from Sokar and ends up near death in the SGC infirmiry.

Visit the Episode Guide >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; February 6th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

First Lieutenant KorbenDirewolf's Avatar

Default Re: Serpent's Song (218)

Teal'c's confrontation with the weakened Apophis was great. Apophis's death! Yay.. Almost really thought he was gone this time. To bad those Tok'ra had to be around for it. Oh well, they didn't really seem to help much anyhow.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

http://home.graffiti.net/kdiw/indiv.jpg

If it wasn't for The Fifth Race, this might possibly be my favorite of the season. (Although, it has some stiff competition in a lot of episodes). This episode just shows why Apophis was (imo) the best gou'ald of them all. It wasn't just the writers telling us, "ooh, he's big and bad and scary. Yes, you are supposed to be scared of him. Yes, we're telling you that he's just soooo powerful." No, they showed him really getting under SG1's skin. We know Jack hates the gou'ald, but to see him tell Apophis to go to hell, in that cold voice (no flippantness, not even contempt, which would have been lighter, just a matter of fact statement) was just powerful. Also, when he told Janet to let him know when Apophis died. And, Daniel's reactions, ranging from cold (had we seen him that cold before except the one where he shot the baby goa'ulds? And, even that scene didn't have the same impact.) to caring as he started seeing the host. And, Teal'c, saying to let Apophis suffer. I'd say Sam was the only one who didn't have an individual interest in his demise. And, she did remember, before any of the others, that the host was innocent.

And, wow, what a great episode for Janet! I thought TR was fantastic. She had a lot of great facial expressions. The shocked look she gave Jack when he asked her to let him know when Apophis died. The look she gave Teal'c when he said to let him suffer. (And, the small woman could just quietly tell him to move, and he listened) And, the look when they sent Apophis through the gate to Sokar. It just said that what they were doing went against everything she believed in as a doctor.

Some death glider bound automatically for Apophis' homeworld

I liked seeing the thousands-of-years-old host coming through and the look on his face when he cried for help and saw all of the computers and machinery. Im not sure how to spell it, but Im talking about when he cried out "Semiwe! Semiwe!" That is the word for 'help me!', but im certain its not spelled right

I hate when they die but they don't die.

I thought the sarcophagus couldn't bring people back from the dead.

Excellent ep.
    Good one for Daniel, allowing him to use his language skills to comfort the host, real shame it was all to naught.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Quote Originally Posted by Selmak
    It can. At least it did in Stargate (first Jackson and later Sha'uri).
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Oh yeah... now I remember... thanks.

Yeah, now that I think about it they've shown it a few times in the series and talked about it some. Lantash (or was that Martouf?) said something about it before they sent the body to Sokar.

Chief Master Sergeant Asgard Buddy's Avatar

I really liked this one as well. Although I kept thinking, why couldn't Apophis' body have a little accident on it's way to meet Sokar? "Oops! His head came off, darn."

The more I think about this episode, the more I am struck by the true horror of the hosts life. He finally regains control, and all he wants to do is end his torment. I felt really sorry for him.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29235&d=1297874202

Chief Master Sergeant

The shot of Jack firing at the death glider as he backs into the gate, travelling backward through the wormhole and stepping back into the base just before the iris closes has got to be one of the coolest SFX sequences the series has ever done.
    END OF LINE

Right next to the Stargate, the one I made.

Earth Symbol Re: Serpent's Song (218)

I think that was the first time they did that (the only other time I remember them doing that was in "2001", but it wasn't nearly as cool).

Anyway, I just re-watched this episode tonight, and I still like it. Although, I have to ask, how come none of the other Goa'ulds came up with that thing Sokar used to penetrate the Iris?

Another question, who do you think has the more personal hatred for Apophis? Teal'c, for his years of service doing so many hateful and distasteful things in service to him, or Daniel, for taking his wife, making her a host, and violating her and fathering a child?
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

http://i2.tinypic.com/20gmk8w.jpg
    Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Chief Master Sergeant Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Selmak
    yes it can bring you back from the dead great episode !!

List of people its brought back: Sha're, Daniel, Klorel, Jack, Apophis, and probably more that I can't remember right now.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

yeah but you can't use it too often or otherwhise you get hooked just like the Goa'uld.Think Daniel got hooked on the sarcofugus one time.I forgot the episode it was in. ***thinking *** I'll look it up by tonight
    Lord Zedd

Quote Originally Posted by _Anubis
    yeah but you can't use it too often or otherwhise you get hooked just like the Goa'uld.Think Daniel got hooked on the sarcofugus one time.I forgot the episode it was in. ***thinking *** I'll look it up by tonight

"Need"
    episode 205

I was a little surprised actually that Apophis didn't go even crazier then he did considering what the sarcophogus did to Daniel. And he was only exposed for a week or so. Apophis used it for several thousand years. Definitely surprised he didn't go crazier.

Good question...think it's Kansas...let me check...

Could he get much crazier?

Skip it. Don't want to know.