No announcement yet.

Holiday (217)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read a few fics where Sam switched bodies. They were...we'll say they were interesting and leave it at that!

Comment

Originally posted by zats
      I've read a few fics where Sam switched bodies. They were...we'll say they were interesting and leave it at that!
      <i dunno, <i guess this would always remind me of a certain kind of film that I don't particularly like...the "body switch romantic comedy thing"
      Or did you mean, like, R-rated????

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
      ~CELLO!~
      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Both.

Comment

Farscape did the definitive Body Swap ep. Wish I could remember what it was called.

Madeleine

Comment

I think that, at some point, every science fiction show worth its stripes has done the body-swap ep. It's inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
              Farscape did the definitive Body Swap ep. Wish I could remember what it was called.
              It was aptly titled "Out of their Minds".

Comment

That was one of their few last good eps before I stopped watching the series. I think we watched up till the end of that season, then ended our viewership of that show.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by LMichelle
                  RDA and CJ did a great job with the body switching, but I was glad to see them all back the way they should be. It freaked me out to see Teal'c with Jack's sense of humor.

I was having impure thoughts watching Daniel eat the ice cream sundae. Okay, moving along. . . *whistles*
                  I agree with you on both statements

I watched it last night .... wow CJ was sooo good as Jack ...
                  I just presumed that CJ's personality was similar to that of Tealcs but seeing him play Jack ... i was soo suprised - CJ seemed so comfortable playing the funny guy.

Check out stargate_pad; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom!

Comment

CJ's portrayal of Jack was the thing that made this episode stand out for me the first time I saw it. It still is one of my favourites because he is uncharacteristically animated which suits him. The whole Daniel/Machello swap is great, Machello is wonderfully wide-eyed at our world.
                    Funny episode with some great one-liners - but for me also very touching when Machello thanks Daniel for his "holiday".

Comment

as cleche and contrived as the premise (body swapping) was, I actually might say this is one of my more favorite episodes. This is, of course, because I, as an actor, always seem to watch every single show I see with a bit of actors perspective. It kind of reminds me of when my acting class was experimenting with developed improv. characters and we all switched to play each other's. Of course, we weren't nearly as good as the pros

Far as the story goes, though, I was annoied with Mac'hello to no end, though (until he finally gave Daniel back his body). I suppose I was a bit jaded 'cause my friend told me it was one of the epps. he liked least of this season, but I think I stayed pretty open minded with it.

Comment

Come to think of it.. this was the first stargate episode I ever saw back on Showtime!! I dont know why I put that in my profile

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                          It took me several times before I realized that Michael Shanks played opposite himself as Daniel/Michello (I never read the credits)
                          I'm glad I wasn't the only one! I found myself listening to Machello and thinking, 'blimey, I don't know who he is, but he sounds ever so slightly like MS - I wonder how long it took him to do that?'

Then I read the credits on the weekend.

I love this ep. Both the bodyswapping (hilarious!) and Machello's almost childlike wonder at everything around him (wonderfully endearing). His bitterness at being taken back to the SGC after discovering the joys of Hot Fudge Sundaes is so affecting - particularly as he finally realises that, in taking over Daniel's body, he has, in a way, become the very thing he despised.

I loved his final quote 'Thank you for my holiday'.

Given what he did for the Galaxy in the fight against the Goa'uld, it sounds like he deserved one.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Asgard Buddy
                            I wasn't too impressed with the Daniel/Ma'chello switch but the Jack/Teal'c switch was fantastic. Christopher Judge did a fabulous job playing Jack, he even threw in some of those fabulous hand gentures. However, as much as I love him, I didn't think RDA did a very good job playing Teal'c. He was too monotone and simply reminded me of the Jack-alien from Cold Lazarus.
                            The bodyswitching scene was a belly-laugh moment. Especially with CJ playing Jack. Gotta agree that RDA could have done a better Teal'c, but it was still darn good! And yes.... a Sam/Teal'c switch would have been funny too.

Liked the dialogue when Daniel was trying to convince everyone he was inside Ma’chello’s body…
                            Jack: "All right, describe for me the dress your sister wore last week when I took her out."
                            Daniel (in M's body): "I don't have a sister, Jack, and if I did, I wouldn't let you near her."
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                              Liked the dialogue when Daniel was trying to convince everyone he was inside Ma’chello’s body…
                              Jack: "All right, describe for me the dress your sister wore last week when I took her out."
                              Daniel (in M's body): "I don't have a sister, Jack, and if I did, I wouldn't let you near her."
                              When I heard this scene for the first time and still think it, I thought, "Typical male."

Comment

The best thing is when Mchello is in Daniels body in the Cafe, "everyone feast on me" LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X