Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Atlantis is in space the 7th Chevron would not lock and you would not get a wormhole, this sort of thing would have probably been covered in sg1...

How sad to think after watching a tv show we all have a degree in astrophysics... thanks Prof. Amanda Tapping!
    The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Yes, it would not lock but it is possible to compensate and calculate the adress to dial and the right time to dial it and get a lock.

You calculate where Atlantis will be an when, then you calculate the adress of atlantis when it is at that point, then you calculate how long it takes to dial the gate, then you set an automatic dialing sequence exactly that long before atlantis reaches its position. That is assuming many things but if those assumptions are right it is possible.

Owen Macri

Comment

ln -s

Whenever the Ancients move Atlantis they leave a symbolic link at the gate address. Far easier than all this calculating and long range communications etc.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

my guess is u cant it will have to get in orbit of a planet just to dial out or receive a wormhole...
          tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
          yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
          Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

What about if this mysterious 9th chevron, is for a moving gate?

Hallowed are the Ori

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

i thought it had been agreed that the ninth chevron was for a REALY far away gate as opposed to the intergalactic 8 chevron...who knows maybe there are gates billions of galaxys away that we can reach...
              tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
              yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
              Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Working...
              X