Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i LOVED this episode

SG-1 saves the world again!!!!!! (what this makes it the 2 time?) hee hee

it had a fantastic mix of si-fi and action, i also liked the old special ops officer that showed up form Jacks past to 'save' him, this helped highlight the fact that amongst 6 billioin people still living 4 people died that episode

it happens a lot in stargate but this was the first time i REALLY noticed it.

Comment

Sooo.... When time was moving slower in the SGC.... why didn't that slower moving chunck of earth move more slowly through space becoming out of line with earth... and probably colliding with it... and ripping apart ... and other stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
        Sooo.... When time was moving slower in the SGC.... why didn't that slower moving chunck of earth move more slowly through space becoming out of line with earth... and probably colliding with it... and ripping apart ... and other stuff like that.
        Perhaps it was being shoved through space by the faster moving chunk? It's probably one of those things about the situtation that was confusing Sam...

Comment

That's a good question. The same problem, on a galactic scale, applies in season four's "Window of Opportunity." Guess they can't address every issue in 45 min.

Comment

You are overthinking it.
            Rocky

Comment

I think this one has to be a case of The Ep Was So Good That We'll Give Them A Free Pass On All Plotholes.

Or maybe it was Magnets.

Madeleine

Comment

Ignoring all overthinking technobabble stuff (which I have just got to do to keep my sanity and my good grades) I'll simply say that this episode was extremely good. I think Jack really deserved to get a good night's sleep after being awake for two weeks. I know. That whole "time is relative" thing, it's just a joke.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

oh dear. time dialation, gowd what a headache a rather pointless episode but still mildly entertaining. i don't even try to understand time travel and never will probably why its a rather poor espisode to me.
                  the only thing is if the gate connected to earth from the blackhole planet was disconected by the bomb, what happened to it? did it shut down cos i thought it was drawing its power from the blackhole itself. if not then it would have jumped to some other planet like their gate did but if that happened how did they re-dial it in "exodus"? given that time slowed down it would take years to disconnect rather that 38 minutes.
                  correct me if im wrong i probably miss heard them mention it, given that i have only seen it twice.
                  For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

It was the black-hole end that jumped.

Earth==============Black Hole

*****KABOOOM*****

Earth==============Planet a couple of light years or more from Black Hole

the second wormhole would be just a 'normal' one, so it was easy to shut down. The BH gate would have been without any wormhole from the moment that the bomb went off.

Madeleine

Comment

Because it was time that was slowing down, not matter, and time was only slowing down or speeding up depending on where the observer was.

ie: In the control room, Sam and Teal'c were observing Jack and Cromwell from a different time zone, so to speak, but both teams were actually moving at the same speed relative to their positions. Sam and Teal'c observed the glass appear to slowly float out toward Jack, but the glass had always been traveling at the high velocity we saw it strike Jack with(which means that Sam's warning shout should not have reached Jack ahead of the glass - that was a no-no.)
                      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I believe that Jack had heard Sam's warning because he move his head forward and the glass hit him in back of the shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          I believe that Jack had heard Sam's warning because he move his head forward and the glass hit him in back of the shoulder.
                          Sam stood watching as the glass shattered and flew toward the guys. She then moves toward the glassless window frame to yell, "Look out, Colonel!"

Jack has time not only to hear her warning but to react to it by looking toward her and then trying to duck the glass.

In reality, the glass would've hit Jack before Sam even had time to go and lean on the pane(let alone yell out a warning) - because time was not slowing the glass down while speeding the sound of her voice up.
                          Gracie

Comment

But sound would still travel faster than 'falling' glass. Sound travelling towards Jack would undergo the same proportionate distortion as the falling glass, so it does seem possible to me that the shout would reach Jack before the glass.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                              But sound would still travel faster than 'falling' glass. Sound travelling towards Jack would undergo the same proportionate distortion as the falling glass, so it does seem possible to me that the shout would reach Jack before the glass.

No, I meant that the glass would have hit Jack before Sam had even yelled out the warning. (see quote:
                              In reality, the glass would've hit Jack before Sam even had time to go and lean on the pane
                              "

What's more, it's not like the glass was merely falling at the pull-rate of Earth's normal gravity; it was sucked toward Jack with the force that had been strong enough to shatter the shatter-proof glass - that would have greatly accelerated it's velocity. But even under normal conditions, Sam's reaction time was still too long relative to the short distance the glass needed to travel to hit Jack.

It would have been more believable(and cooler, IMO) if Jack had been hit by the rushing glass and then, seconds later, Sam's voice had reached him.
                              Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                                No, I meant that the glass would have hit Jack before Sam had even yelled out the warning
                                I know what you were saying, but I don't agree at all. Relative to Sam the glass was travelling with ever decreasing speed as it flew away from her. The speed of light would not have been affected by the black hole yet; over distances as small as the gate-room it can be considered to travel instantaneously. So when she could see the glass half-way between her and Jack, the glass actually *was* halfway between her and Jack.

Relative to Sam, the glass travelled very slowly. She had ample time to call out. And she did call out while the glass was in transit to Jack's position.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X