This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Faith in the Daedalus!

Ever since it was annonced that the Daedalus was going to Pegasus people have been saying it would be destroyed because were so crap and the Wraith are so much better BUT finally my faith is restored in good new Daedalus because it turns out it needs to fight yet another fleet that has been holding back. Is anyone else has pleased as me that the Daedalus is able to kick Wraith butt and our ships are a lot better than so many have said?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

You may want to invest in spoiler tags

I've never not had faith. There are 2 reasons for this spoilers for SGA and SG-1 last seasons (nothing not yet shown on TV)
    Spoiler:

1) No one ever said Wraith ships were good. They are 10K years old, and the only reason they beat the Ancients is because they outnumbered them massively. Like hundreds to one. All we've seen is one get shredded with one shot from the satellite, and a nonfunctioning satellite blown to bits with a bit of work.

2) We've never seen an Earth ship in true combat. We saw Prometheus in battle twice. Once in "Lost City Part 2" where it took out a few Alkesh and more importantly took one heck of a pounding from the Gouald fleet (outnumbered 30 to 1, I'm suprised it lasted 5 minutes). Then in "Prometheus Unbound", it gets hit by Gliders and Alkesh and can't fight back because it has no crew. And Daedulus is supposed to be better than Prometheus. I have no worries about staying power. And I trust in Asgard and railgun hitting power.

Comment

Amen! Finally people who give Earth some credit lol. Wraith aren't gonna know what hit em'.
      302's lead the way!

Comment

I think the majority knew it wouldn't be getting destroyed.

It was said in the Martin Gero thread, about Daedalus being used to shuttle items & crew back & forth from Atlantis to the SGC.

Couple this with the fact that Mitch P was originally contracted for 5 eps. Being he is the commander of Daedalus & that it was known they would be in a battle the moment they arrived. Then as the captain always goes down with his ship & all that other stuff. Then it had to make it though 'The Siege III' for him to do those eps.

Still though I'd rather it stayed in Pegasus. Perhaps this is why the might be introducing the Aurora to compensate for Daedalus's loss, as a permanent fixture in Atlantis.

Comment

You woulden't happen to have a quick link to where he said that would you? I haven't read his Forum thingy in a while and you got me interested.
          302's lead the way!

Comment

Who's Faith? Why is she in the Deadalus?

Comment

No not that kind of faith. Thread starter means having faith in the abilities of the daedalus. not having a person called faith a la buffy/angel.

Comment

i think the daedalus will be a very formidable ship, if it wernt they wouldnt of sent it, it would be a waste ( just gets there give the ZPM and get blown up!),the daedalus is going to kick ass! going to be a ship to be reckoned with and when we have fleet of them we will be a force to be reckoned with!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by RalCaladan
                  You may want to invest in spoiler tags
                  If your spoiler shy, or anyone else who could possibly see this thread are they should not be in the Season 2 folder.

I cannot wait for Seige 3 now! Sounds like a big space battle is coming up

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
                    If your spoiler shy, or anyone else who could possibly see this thread are they should not be in the Season 2 folder.

I cannot wait for Seige 3 now! Sounds like a big space battle is coming up
                    hell yeah! This looks like it is going to be a great scene...such good cgi...i cant wait!

MG has already said it would survive
                    come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

IMO the siege 3 space fight should win an oscar even though it aint been seen yet, just having the daedalus and a ZPM and a wraith fleet involved should win it one! IMO the space battle is gunna rule its gunna be like TLC but 100x better!
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                        IMO the siege 3 space fight should win an oscar even though it aint been seen yet, just having the daedalus and a ZPM and a wraith fleet involved should win it one! IMO the space battle is gunna rule its gunna be like TLC but 100x better!
                        yeah i have high hopes for it too.....it will probably be better than lost city....that was just so goood. i think this will be better. I mean the battle in seige 2 was great and I think they will top that
                        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Of course the Daedelus was gonna survive and most likely kick butt. There are way to many storylines that the Deadelus brings to the table as a back drop for SGA. It will be nice having something like Daedelus at Atlantis so the Genii, Wraith and anyone else does'nt get the idea that we are weak and helpless.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

all my faith is in the ship i hope that it is as powerful as they say

Comment

Sorry, couldn't help it

Comment

Working...
                              X