• Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG, The Replicators in REAL LIFE!

Check out this news article at BBCNews:

US robot builds copies of itself

Also a video file

Pretty cool huh?

You know im so bored of people sayin about this, been here done that!

Comment

I apologize for disturbing you with such a thing, I had no idea you were so beyond all and everything.

Comment

Yes well i am after all a Super-Soldier and you a Prim'tah

Comment

What is this the forth thread about that? I've lost count..
          C'mon people, SEARCH!

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
          The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

While it's nice to share and yes the "real life" replicators thing IS very cool, there are still a few things for n00bs and everyone else to keep in mind:

1) Think about it. "Real life" replicators. That's pretty big news, right? It's been getting a fair amount of press coverage (although maybe not specifically the replicator angle). So... it's entirely within the realm of possibility that other SG fans have seen the same articles and posted the same info here on the site. Which is where point 2 comes in handy.

2) There is a very nice search feature on the board. It doesn't always work perfectly, but a word like "replicators" is a good search word and it should be fairly easy to weed out/skim over anything that doesn't fit your parameters.

3) If it isn't related DIRECTLY and SPECIFICALLY to the show, then it doesn't belong in Gen Disc. Discoveries of replicators and aliens, news of a real stargate, and information about wormhole physics and that mysterious black hole that is devouring Antarctica would be more appropriate in fandom. Or possibly science & tech, I'm not sure how the laws of physics operate in that particular dimension.

4) We were all newbies once, too. I'm as guilty as the next of losing temper and snapping at the prim'tah, especially when something has already been discussed ad nauseum, but that doesn't make it RIGHT. Try giving folks the benefit of a doubt and cut the little snakies some slack. Instead of yelling at them, tell them where to find the discussions already in progress. Then pray that people actually follow the links to the pre-existing discussions and don't keep cluttering the redundant thread with discussion.

5) Report the redundant post to a Mod and let them handle it. That's part of their job, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
              Yes well i am after all a Super-Soldier and you a Prim'tah
              And what has that got to do with it? We we all a newbie once. While we're talking about 'rank' maybe as a 'Super Soldier' you should take a moment to re-familiarize yourself with forum rules on signature size.

Appel, please take the time to read Shadowmaat's post, it is a source of constructive criticism, and very informative.

Comment

Hi appel and welcome to the forum!

We've indeed had several of these threads already. Which is no reason for anyone to jump on you the way they did! It is reason to close this thread though - please go to the Off Topic folder of the forum to discuss the issue in the already existing threads there.

Oh, and while you're there, why don't you head over to the Welcome, New Members thread and tell us a bit about yourself.

Feli
                GateWorld Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X