No announcement yet.

Touchstone (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read somewhere that NID doesn't actually stand for anything--it was just an acronym that the writers picked because it sounded official. Any word on this?

Comment

Last time I checked, that's the deal. I used 'National Intelligence Department' in a fanfic ine time but that counts for cack canon wse.
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I just enjoy recalling what a smug article Maybourne was back then.

On the issue of his surprise at the discovery of the plastic replica of the stargate, at the first watching, I thought he was as startled as anyone at the discovery. Whether anything can be read into that is debatable, I guess, but there's also room for the argument that he's thinking:
        'Oh $£%&£!, O'Neill's found out about the dud stargate!' or
        'Oh $£%&£!, it's a dud stargate!' or even,
        'Hey, Ido the dodgy stuff around here - is someone doing something even dodgier and not telling me?'

I like Smug Maybourne. I just wish I had one of those soft-foam pretend bricks that you used to be able to get so that I could throw it at him when he's on screen. Sooooooosmug...
        sigpic

Comment

I can't say I much like the NID, but I love Maybourne and especially the scenes when he and Jack are bouncing lines off of one other...

Loved it when they met Harry in the lab and Teal’c told him that "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you." Something the whole team would have loved to have done at one point or another!
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            Loved it when they met Harry in the lab and Teal’c told him that "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you." Something the whole team would have loved to have done at one point or another!
            It's a cracking quote - and I doubt that I was alone in thinking 'Go Teal'c!' when he said it. After all, how do you come back with a smug response to that?

Maybe someone could have added, 'But he won't. He respects your cleaning staff'.
            sigpic

Comment

So... who created the Touchstone for Madrona? The touchstone itself looks Furling in design, but Madrona's Gate platform looks like the one on the Ancients colony on P4X-639. Was it one of these races? Both working together? Theories?

-IMF
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I don't see any reason why there shouldn't have been a bit of partnership working there. If the two artifacts are concurrent with the Alliance of Four Races, then why not?

I suppose the touchstone technology was already available; otherwise, who would bother colonising a planet with such destructive weather patterns? Maybe the Furlings (assuming it was them - which is reasonable given the design of the touchstone) saw Madrona's potential as a viable world and colonised it; and perhaps then the Ancients set up a stargate on the world a bit later on. Given what a paradise it seemed to be before NID nicked the touchstone, I'm sure they'd have been more than happy to drop by for a visit or six.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
                  It's a cracking quote - and I doubt that I was alone in thinking 'Go Teal'c!' when he said it. After all, how do you come back with a smug response to that?

Maybe someone could have added, 'But he won't. He respects your cleaning staff'.
                  Whee! That's great!

Comment

Ooh, I'm all now!

Glad you liked it. It just seemed appropriate. A pity no one ad libbed it at the time!
                    sigpic

Comment

The analysis for this ep states that they would have needed the order for the first 6 symbols. But from the explanation, (movie), that wouldn't seem true. If you plot the same 6 points in space, in any order, the point where they intersect will always be the same. At least it seems so to me.

Comment

One question.

What happened to the DHD that was in this episode? I know the Giza one was located by the Russians, but this is the Antarctica DHD...which oddly enough just...vanishes? o.O

Comment

I watched Shades of Grey yesterday (the one where Jack pretends to nick technology) and Captain/Major/Private or w/e Newman said he had been on of the guys with the touchstone escaping through the gate in da crate (great rhyme)

I checked over this episode and i coukdnt' recognise him, which one is he

Comment

At the end, when Maybourne says that "strange things happen in high places", I always wish that Jack had responded with "Yeah. Like altitude sickness." Ah, in my fantasies...

Comment

lol! that would have reeeealy cheesed maybourn off!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

And, lets face it, is there a more deserving candidate for it than Maybourne?

Nope. I can't think of one either.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X