Touchstone (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    I enjoyed this ep,as it had the rogue NID,Maybourne,good teamwork,suspense,a possibly supernatural weather change gadget,and a weird King !
    (Wonder if the guy who played the King was told to do his best Shakespearean voice (j/k )

I agree. Mayborune and the NID are sneaky and sly and they can do just about anything. Cheeky things.
    __

__

Comment

Foothold

Maybourne and the NID as good guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
        I wonder how the native knew how to control it if they were primitive in comparison.
        Maybe the aliens/people that made it for them showed them how to use it?

I thought this episode was okay, but when those guys jumped into the horizontal gate I wanted to spit

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

When SG-1 went to see the 2nd stargate at Area 51, Maybourne seemed genuinely surprised and shocked (and worried) when the 'gate was found to be plastic. Jack said something threatening or angry and then it went to commercial. When we get back from commercial, suddenly Maybourne seems to know something. He said something about the gate being moved with authorization and wasn't surprised anymore. It's not like he had a chance to check around and get some answers, either; they're still in the 'garage' where the stargate was supposed to be.

Anybody else notice this? Or have any insight as to Maybourne's odd reaction?

Comment

Maybourne was "genuinely surprised and shocked (and worried)" because he'd been caught, not because he didn't know the Gate was a fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              Maybourne was "genuinely surprised and shocked (and worried)" because he'd been caught, not because he didn't know the Gate was a fake.

Nah, it sure didn't look like that to me. He didn't HAVE to act surprised; he could have just gotten sly or secretive and said something smart-a$$ right from the get-go, without bothering to try to fool anybody. And I believe he would have if he really knew that wasn't the real stargate. Maybe he was just bluffing.

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
                Nah, it sure didn't look like that to me. He didn't HAVE to act surprised; he could have just gotten sly or secretive and said something smart-a$$ right from the get-go, without bothering to try to fool anybody. And I believe he would have if he really knew that wasn't the real stargate. Maybe he was just bluffing.
                Yeah, but at that point you had to remember that Maybourne was still trying to play within the system. He couldn't be snide or sly about it, because Jack and the SGC could make a major stink about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                  Foothold

Maybourne and the NID as good guys.
                  Yeah, and most certainly out of character!

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                    Yeah, and most certainly out of character!
                    I love that episode Most of all for AT's adlib in the cafe ...

Comment

The 'idiot every day of a week...' line was an adlib?
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                        The 'idiot every day of a week...' line was an adlib?
                        Tha'ts what I've heard.

Comment

yeah great episode where we find out about the rogue NID
                          your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Originally posted by Selmak
                            The NID screw everything up and most of all annoy me.
                            I agree. In a small fanfic I wrote I had the NID finally shut down after apparently nearly screwing up the entire SGC's secrecy as well as nearly screwing the planet.

Anyway, this episode was pretty good. Not a blockbuster in itself, but it started the rogue NID/Trust storyarch.
                            Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

This ep is signifigent if only because it introduces the NID. When they introduced Maybourne in 'Enigma' (wasn't it 'Enigma'?), did they ever mention what organization he was with?

Comment

Love this ep. Who doesnt like Maybourne and the NID.
                                One thing that bothered me is when the guys jumped into the horizontal gate Daniel didnt seem to go and check the symbols till after they jumped. I know they used these guys later but still.

Comment

Working...
                                X