This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Callis/Dr. Gaius Baltar Thunk Thread

I saw that we did not ( ) have a thunk thread dedicated to Blatar/Callis...so I decided to make one since he is one fine and sexy man, and very thunkable ...so enjoy!
    Last edited by SlytherinGal; 28 May 2005, 08:04 PM. Reason: smiley edit
    sigpic

yea yea yea... i so knew you were gonna do that
    sigpic

Comment

yea yea....well i too so
      sigpic

Comment

I love Gauis!
        Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

how about our first piccy

*thunk*
          sigpic

Comment

very nice piccy aint it.
            sigpic

Comment

how bout another piccy hmm

sigpic

Comment

Does anyone else find his appearance and portrayal reminiscent of Alexander Siddig's "Dr. Bashir" from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine?

Take Julian Bashir, and make him half again as histrionic, throw in some wonderfully selfish neurosis, and you are ther! He even looks/sounds like Alexander Siddig/Bashir.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                  Does anyone else find his appearance and portrayal reminiscent of Alexander Siddig's "Dr. Bashir" from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine?

Take Julian Bashir, and make him half again as histrionic, throw in some wonderfully selfish neurosis, and you are ther! He even looks/sounds like Alexander Siddig/Bashir.
                  yes.

Comment

I will have to agree with you too Darth Buddha...he does kinda resemble Dr. Bashir. Just give him a hair cut and such...and we would have a Dr. Bashir clone .
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah DB I thought the same thing. I couldn't decide for sure that he wasn't on my own so I checked it out and found out the truth. It has to be a concious decision maybe because they look similar? Who knows.
                      I really like this version of Baltar. In the original his motivation was incredibly lazily written. Why would anyone betray their race and cause the death of around 20 billion humans? It's not like he was crazy he just wanted more power but if everyone is dead who would he have power over?
                      The new Baltar makes more sense. Take the classic absentminded professor and use his huge weakness against him to betray the Colonials. Actually I don't really think that he was a traitor just someone who got used by the Cylons. Of course at this point telling Adama and Roslin would be pretty risky since I don't think they are willing to think through the differences.

Comment

The original Baltar was told his colony was to be spared.. but they were all killed and he was scheduled for execution instead.

Then when the Imperious Leader he had dealt with was killed, the new Leader decided that humanity was too unpredictable for a Cylon to deal with, and gave Baltar a Base Ship to command in return for delivering the remaining colonials to their doom. That part seems a bit much, but hey, it wasn't like he'd ever be welcome amongst humanity!

In Richard Hatch's novels that continue the series, it turns out that Baltar NEVER had command, but instead was being observed by Lucifer, who is much more of a badass than the fembot we saw in the original series. Lucifer was the one really in charge, and Lucifer was far greater a threat than any the colonials had faced before.

All in all, both Baltar's had something to make them interesting. The original may have not had the writing that the new version does, but then, the original was played by John Colicos .. who could make any role (Kor in Trek TOS and DS9, various villains on Mission Impossible and other actions shows, and even the voice of Apocalypse for one of the better X-Men cartoon versions)... absolutely delicious.

Nobody says "vegetable" like John Colicos! May he rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Dahak
                          Actually I don't really think that he was a traitor just someone who got used by the Cylons. Of course at this point telling Adama and Roslin would be pretty risky since I don't think they are willing to think through the differences.
                          I sorta think he is, he gave his girl friend military secrets which was obviously against the law anyway. He doesn't care that he destroyed his civilization all he cares about is the fact that he might get caught. He couldn’t tell Roslin/Adrma about it even if he wanted to, if he ever got Six out of his head he’d official lose it like he almost did in SDoS.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
                            I sorta think he is, he gave his girl friend military secrets which was obviously against the law anyway.
                            Yep, he's got to keep it to himself.

He doesn't care that he destroyed his civilization all he cares about is the fact that he might get caught.
                            Is that ALL he cares about? He seemed to care about humanity getting away early on... before he became as afraid of identifying Cylons in their midst as he was afraid of the damage Cylons could cause! Now he's just... what's the word? Nuts.

if he ever got Six out of his head he’d official lose it like he almost did in SDoS.
                            You honestly think he'd be crazier WITHOUT Six in his head? I mean, no Six and no Six in the real world trying to frame him? That's an interesting point of view.. would you care to elaborate on it, because at this point, I don't see it as being likely in the least.

Comment

You honestly think he'd be crazier WITHOUT Six in his head? I mean, no Six and no Six in the real world trying to frame him? That's an interesting point of view.. would you care to elaborate on it, because at this point, I don't see it as being likely in the least.
                              He WAS crazier without her, he is so use to her and he loves her if she was gone i think he'd become completely mental and have to get locked away for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X