This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not use Asgard Power Sources to power Atlantis

Why not use asgard power sources to power atlantis or even better to power earth anicent defences. They obviously have a power source just as powerful as ZPMs why not use it. Its an easy out, but lol I wish they would stop with the storylines invovling the atlantis team finding zpms and get back to storys dealing with new aliens and how they could defeat the wraith. The truth sourrounding the wraith and if they truly did defeat the ancients or if they are pawns of a force even more powerful

Who says that the asgard have comparable power sources? Yes they obviously have greater power sources then us to allow them to dial other galaxies (Of course why they don't lend it for that purpose to SGC to contact atlantis IS a good questions), but as for the ancients defenses and atlantis itself, the asgard may not have significant power sources for that purpose. After all even the asgard aren't technologically at the ancients level, as even they have only "Scratched the surface" of the ancient library of knowledge.

Comment

We have a hefty powersource now too, the mk II naquida generators can power an ancient chair device for around 12 hours.

I think now that atlantis will have one zpm all they need to do get to pegasus is plug a mkII into the earth gate and dial.

Comment

that Mk 2 came ou of now where, i saw atlantis final first and after seeing it on atlantis i was exspecting them to invent or mention the mk 2 in the sg1 final (maybe they find it in an alternate universe or something) so i hope they explain that sometime, normally they explain where tech like that came from. or did they say the guys at area 51 invented it?

Comment

The thing about the power sources is that we really don't know how powerful a ZPM is or what it is comparable to. The problem with the Ancients is that they have been made to be so powerful that the reality of them is less than awe inspiring. If the Asgard can travel from their own galaxy to ours in a few days or a week or so and have the ability to travel to other galaxies without the aide of a ZPM, them it begs to reason that they have something capable of generating massive amounts of power. Now even if it doesn't have the capacity of a zpm I am willing to bet that it can be produced much easier than those ZPM's and that would eliminate the need for humans to try to search for a very limited amount of zpm's, where most of them being at a fraction of their original capacity. The Asgard don't seem to have power problems as far as we know and you got to admit their tech and cities seem just as advanced as the Ancients.Now we know they last for thousands of years but if we can't find anymore and we need a zpm for some other device then you are stuck with leaving atlantis relatively undefended or powering up some other device. I think the power output of these zpm's is a little to far fetched to be believed just like it seems that the Ancients are not the pinicple of evolution.

Comment

the mk II broke down right thats why sheps in the jumper?

the asgard power source well yah why dont we have those, and cant we get bigger Naquada or Naquadria generatorscuz thats gotta cause more power. And for naquadria, maybe the ancient tech can help us completly stableive it.

And hows about tolan and Serakin power sources, if the tolan are still around show them a drone and then trade. same goes for the serakin

Comment

Don't the Asgards have strick rules againts advancing a race technologically? Sure we have Asgard hyperdrives and shields on the Daedalus, but the are being monitered by an Asgard. Our current powersource is sufficient to power it, but with a ZPM it was boosted significantly... Possibley meaning that even the Asgard's power pales to the Ancient's... Although I do recall Thor saying he had flown between Galaxies in short periods of time, as we saw with the "Daniel Jackson".

Comment

The asgards may have such rules, but I think we are a big exception to those rules, due to the fact that we've saved their "Little grey butts" several times, and possibly shown that we can be responsible, with high levels of technology. Also why does everyone assume that the daedalus is the only ship with asgard hyperdrive? The protheus also now has an asgard hyperdrive, it was how they were going
                Spoiler:
                to atlantis in Prometheus unbound
                Last edited by tomchris45; 30 May 2005, 06:56 AM.

Comment

yes true. one issue here is that we are comparing asgard power sources to ZPMs instead of comparing to our own naquadah generators. Several of those could mean we can operate more of the city even if not the power hungry devices like the sheld and chair. the Mk II is not vastly better, finding ZPMs would be the best thing but until then we should have a better power source so we can explore the city and find their ZPM making machine or other techs. It is also qutie weird how we can have an asgard hyperdirve but not a power source to use it well. The asgard on board is there to help us run the ship since it is full of advanced tech not to make sure we are not naughty. We have come so far as of late, it's ridiculous how we can have tech like asgard shields but not asgard energy.

Comment

the tauri have only just begun to be able to exploit the asgard for what they have.........they have alot of stuff we want and so far weve got alot of the goods weve asked for, beaming, hyperdrive,shields&weapons,holograms.......military aid; granted in retern weve saved there entire species from certain extintion 4 times! yes 4, giving us the 4 things weve gotten from them for each time.
                    but now we have something even the asgard would want.........atlantis, its the best asset we could have ever aquired, the most advanced city in the known universe built by the origional anceints.
                    the asgard must want a piece of it........simple they give us everything we ask for and they get to use atlantis, with usthere as well.......they can pay for upkeep and risk their ships defending it. think of it as rent, including a power source!
                    sigpic
                    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                    Stargate : Genesis |
                    Original Starship DesignThread
                    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                      that Mk 2 came ou of now where, i saw atlantis final first and after seeing it on atlantis i was exspecting them to invent or mention the mk 2 in the sg1 final (maybe they find it in an alternate universe or something) so i hope they explain that sometime, normally they explain where tech like that came from. or did they say the guys at area 51 invented it?
                      I'm sure Dr McKay will explain it sometime during season II of SGA. I hope he does!
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Proton-Proton-fusion would be great, since they're sitting on alot of useless water

Comment

Originally posted by Acropolis
                          the mk II broke down right thats why sheps in the jumper?
                          They used that to power the chair and fire the drones/squidies during Dart attack. They used up all the drones at that point, so the chair was useless.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Sure a MK2 will power are ships and the Ascard have a power source to power there ships but a power source is only good for what you are powering. I have a truck and a Firebird. They both use and have the same size and type of battery but my Firebird is way faster then my truck by far. So a power souce is only good for what how much power you need for what you are powering. The Ascard has a hole lot better power souce to power there engines but I dought it would power Atlantis. After all doesn't Atlantis need like three ZPM's to power it. I can't remember.
                            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                              They used that to power the chair and fire the drones/squidies during Dart attack. They used up all the drones at that point, so the chair was useless.
                              Not quite useless
                              Spoiler:
                              they were going to use the chair to remotely power the jumpers, to save someone having to make the suicide run.
                              but the mark II broke down as had been previosuly stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X